Star Wars III:Revenge of the Sith

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The title has just been revealed for Star Wars III on www.starwars.com!!!
:jedi1: :jediduel: :xwing:

H

Hanzo04

i can't wait 'till it comes out! but i disagree with the title. i think it should be the rise of the sith.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
GROAN Sigh... nope, won't go there with what I'm thinking.... Lucas...sigh... :btg:
I agree with RISE of the Sith though...

F

Firona

does anyone have any insight as to whether this movie is going to crap out like the last popular trilogy we had? *cough* matrix *cough*

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, it would take to long to explain the movie story, but basically its 3 years after AOTC and Obi wan is dispatched to take down General Grievious, a robot, jedi hunter dealie. the kids, (luke and leia) have been born, and Anakin doesnt know about them yet, becasue he is on a mission with his master.

Revenge of the Sith fits, though. even if it souds corny. its a star wars title and they all sound corny. the sith were almost extinct by the Jedi 1000 years before episode 1. They have been "rising" for a thousand years (insert joke here).

Halfway thru the movie, expect the great saber fight between Obi-wan and Anakin. at the end of the movie, you will see Vader. I cant wait for Dooku's fight. and Mace's. and supposedly the Emporer is going to pick up a lightsaber.

Jeez, I am a geek.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cool link, but fair warning to parents that the language in the discussion board isn't suitable for children :wink2:

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Cool link, but fair warning to parents that the language in the discussion board isn't suitable for children :wink2:

Good catch, Parental Supervision Advised when surfing, if not already practiced.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
MAY 19!!!
God I cant wait. I have seen more pics in the official magazine.
The official magazine's pictures are online if you are a Hyperspace subscriber.

Han-Mi

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I think they chose revenge of the sith because of the original name of episode VI(i. It was going to be Revenge of the jedi(corporate reasons) but lucas decided to make it return of the jedi because revenge is pretty much against jedi beliefs. Not that im a starwars freak or anything, Lucas says it on the special features disk of the starwars disk set. anyway, he or they probably wanted to go back to the revenge thing, kind of an opposite to the jedi return.

anyway, there ya go, for what it's worth.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
SIGH... here ya go!

Attachments

• $ep3_teaser_poster_by_duke.jpe
    31.7 KB · Views: 398
  • $episode3_videogame_psychotic_mf.jpe
    $episode3_videogame_psychotic_mf.jpe
    15.5 KB · Views: 431

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Revenge of the Sith actually works much better than Rise of the Sith.

In EP one when they talk about all the Sith Being defeated, they were refering to the Sith Wars which are part of the Star Wars back story.

A Pair of Jedi Heroes Named Revan and Malak turned to the Dark side and amassed an army to attack the Old Republiuc. The Jedi order eventually trumphed over the Sith army, and it was their opinion that th Sith had been destroyed, when in reality they had just been laying low and building power.

Therefore, "Rise Of The Sith" is not as appropriate as "Revenge of the Sith"

Sorry Shogun, But Ill give you a run for your Star Wars Geekiness Title anyday... You DO have a Star Wars Tattoo, right?

No?

Hmmm...

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Saw the promo last week.. a young Yoda, Darth Vader, and a (please, please, please) good plot might save the prequels from their imminent downfall.. Lucas blew it big time lately and he better make up for it by getting back to the original story line and character development without any more "Jar Jars".

It looked interesting and I'll risk my money and all the popcorn crunching and kids to see it in the theatre.. hopefully it will be closer to the original theme than the Lord of The Rings movies were to Tolkien's books...

T

triwahine

I thought I was into the Star Wars movies. Technopunk and Shogun you two have me beaten by miles and miles. Sort of like a galaxy far, far away from me. :)

anyways, I too cannot wait for May 19, 2005. I'll be seeing it that day. Has anyone counted how many days left? Haven't seen a trailer or anything yet. Kind of trying to stay away....

May the Force Be with you, always.... :jedi1:

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
triwahine said:
I thought I was into the Star Wars movies. Technopunk and Shogun you two have me beaten by miles and miles. Sort of like a galaxy far, far away from me. :)

anyways, I too cannot wait for May 19, 2005. I'll be seeing it that day. Has anyone counted how many days left? Haven't seen a trailer or anything yet. Kind of trying to stay away....

Hehe. Yeah, www.countingdown.com

As of this moment: 114 days, 5 hours, 59 minutes, and 30 seconds.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shogun said:
supposedly the Emporer is going to pick up a lightsaber.

Jeez, I am a geek.
I'd say this about covers that rumor:

Attachments

• $palp.JPG
    $palp.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 266

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
triwahine said:

Well if Lucas had STAYED with the original story then I'd have both of them beat by lightyears... but as it stands... bleaccch! Oh well... this parody movie poster sums it up...

Attachments

• $clones.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 262

Latest Discussions