Star Wars III:Revenge of the Sith

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score

Spoiler video clip

Cool lightsaber action

That's just from principle photography...wait until all the CG is added in post-production

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
My kids have the same reaction and thrill and excitement that I did have way back then, and for that I will forgive an awful lot
But not the midichlorians. Never the midichlorians.

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The New Theatrical Trailer will be officially unveiled tonight during the broadcast of "The OC", stay tuned!!! :partyon:

J

JKD_Silat

FearlessFreep said:
I didn't have the same thrill seeing the new movies as I had whan I was younger and saw the originals...but I'm 35, not 7. My kids have the same reaction and thrill and excitement that I did have way back then, and for that I will forgive an awful lot
It's becauce Mr. Lucas alienated his first loyal fans, us (I'm 33) for a newer, younger demograghic. His excuse is that we Gen-Xer's have simply outgrown his films. If that were true, I wouldn't find the first three so appealing to this day, decades later. I can still remember seeing all three prequils in the theatre like it was yesterday! What made Episode IV so great was that it appealed to not just kids, but adults as well. Great story telling, and character development does that. Now, it seems that it's all about special effects, and eye candy.Bottom line is, he dropped the ball, and I think he knows it. R.O.T.S. is supposed to be rated pg-13, and will probably have a more dark feel to it, as opposed to Jar Jar flatulence jokes, and other attempetd low brow kiddie humor.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From www.millenniumfalcon.com
You Sure Is Ugly

March 19 2005

At the entrance to the Jedi Temple, a hunchback brings forth a baby to the disguised Clone Troopers. In the hunback's arms is a small baby. The hunchbank presents the baby to the Clone Trooper, claiming it is a Jedi.

"Anyone could grab some deformed kid and claim it's anything they want. How do you know it's a Jedi?" asks the Sergeant.

The baby replies: "My lightsaber, the first clue would be, hmm?"

Suddenly, a green saber ignites, slashing across the sergeant's face. The hunchback man rights himself and a blue blade appears.

In a clipped Coruscant accent, Obi-Wan states: "Please don't try to resist. No one has to get hurt."

The men of Decoy Squad Five attack. None of them survive.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
meh, I was fine about the whole thing, and you dorks got me all excited to see it. See if I read anymore threads!

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Samantha said:
meh, I was fine about the whole thing, and you dorks got me all excited to see it. See if I read anymore threads!
We are geeks. :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Also from millenniumfalcon.com and why I'm disgusted with George Lucas
EPISODE III CUT SCENES: A Helpful Han
March 3 2005

Young Solo was requested by George Lucas for shooting in Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. McCaig's costume design was approved by Lucas on the spot. Unlike the Han Solo we know in the Original Trilogy, the Episode III Solo was conceived as a 'slob' by McCaig.

So what was Han Solo's role?

In a conference room on Kashyyyk, Han Solo helped Yoda track down Greivous. We were told in the script that Han was being raised by Chewbacca.

According to Star Wars lore; Solo while smuggling discovered the operation he was delivering to had been using captured wookies for slave labor. Disgusted he decides to rescue them. Chewbacca was among the slaves. In the course of the escape Solo saves Chewie's life and thus the wookie was bound to Solo in a "life-debt" and the two became friends since.
:rolleyes: So much for keeping to the original story line.

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Right! and because of the Dork remark it'll be MR GEEK to you Samantha! :supcool:
Sorry, Mr. Geek.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Looks like Lucas will be speaking and perhaps *gasp* screening some clips of Revenge of Sith at Star Wars Celebration III. My brother and I will be in line before 6am for the 8 am presentation.

I'm a super geek

Super geek

I'm super geeky

Yow.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
MACaver said:
Also from millenniumfalcon.com and why I'm disgusted with George Lucas

According to Star Wars lore; Solo while smuggling discovered the operation he was delivering to had been using captured wookies for slave labor. Disgusted he decides to rescue them. Chewbacca was among the slaves. In the course of the escape Solo saves Chewie's life and thus the wookie was bound to Solo in a "life-debt" and the two became friends since.
:rolleyes: So much for keeping to the original story line.

Dewlanna, a wookie aboard the Trader's Luck, a ship Han found work on as a very young man, taught him the wookiee language. This is where Han gained his affinity for wookiees and his hatred of slavery--Dewlanna was a slave conscripted to the ship. Han accepted her as a mother-figure. Raised by Chewie! *scoff*

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just got back from Star Wars Celebration III. Lucas revealed some interesting stuff; most importantly that a Star Wars live-action TV show will be produced in the relatively near future, taking place between episode 3 and 4. Rick McCullum said that there would be at least 100 hours of broadcast associated with that show. Apparently Lucas made his final decision at the show right before he went on; R.M. later told us he was as surprised as anyone, and he's the guy who'll be doing the show.

I saw a 8- or 9-minute montage of scenes from the new film (twice), from which a lot can be deduced--though the graphic novel of the movie is already out if you want to get a good idea of what the film will look like. All I can say is wow. This promises to be the best one yet. Lots and LOTS of action. The effects are incredible; the level of detail hyper-real. The fight scenes--Mace Windu vs. Emperor, Yoda vs. Emperor, Obi-wan vs. Anakin, Obi-wan vs. General Grievous, absolutely HUGE space battles--lead me to believe there's not going to be much sniveling dialogue or painful character development. That's been done, out of the way now, and it's time to rock and roll.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're only an hour from Indy and my son wanted to go, but it didn't work out for us schedule-wise.

Latest Discussions