Star Wars Episodes 7-9

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yep, you read right... Lucas has begun to flesh out the remaining 3 sequels to the original. So now we see what happens after the funeral pyre, starting 30 years later.
http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html

By the time the last film gets made, a friend estimated that I'll be 66 years old. I told him if I'm even still ALIVE by then... (cave accidents happen you know :rolleyes: ).

What is written thus far is a basic synopsis of the remaining 3 films and even an offering of the 7th film's trailer in script form.
Spoilers? Hey! C'mon who doesn't want to be spoiled by this??

But because of events leading up to present Star Wars Mythology there's a new force on the horizon... Dark Jedi's.
According to the synopsis because Anakin Skywalker killed one of his own, Mace Windu, then later killed the ranking Sith Lord, Palpatine/Darth Sidious he created an entirely new line of Jedis/Siths. It's almost like a Yin-Yang of the Force isn't it?:yinyang::jediduel:

Of course the universal Star Wars tag line is present... "I've got a bad feeling about this.." (read on)

Of course also... episodes 10-12 are in the works... http://www.starwarsepisode789.com/

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always considered the Tim Zhan "Heir" trilogy to be the "end".

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Yep, you read right... Lucas has begun to flesh out the remaining 3 sequels to the original. So now we see what happens after the funeral pyre, starting 30 years later.
http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/episode7/plot.html

By the time the last film gets made, a friend estimated that I'll be 66 years old. I told him if I'm even still ALIVE by then... (cave accidents happen you know :rolleyes: ).

What is written thus far is a basic synopsis of the remaining 3 films and even an offering of the 7th film's trailer in script form.
Spoilers? Hey! C'mon who doesn't want to be spoiled by this??

But because of events leading up to present Star Wars Mythology there's a new force on the horizon... Dark Jedi's.
According to the synopsis because Anakin Skywalker killed one of his own, Mace Windu, then later killed the ranking Sith Lord, Palpatine/Darth Sidious he created an entirely new line of Jedis/Siths. It's almost like a Yin-Yang of the Force isn't it?:yinyang::jediduel:

Of course the universal Star Wars tag line is present... "I've got a bad feeling about this.." (read on)

Of course also... episodes 10-12 are in the works... http://www.starwarsepisode789.com/

Why?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Afterreading through those listings, I get the feeling it's a fan thing, and not Lucas at all.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always considered the Tim Zhan "Heir" trilogy to be the "end".

The New Jedi Order series about the War with the Yhuuzon Vong was probably the best star wars fiction written. It was dark, not "kiddie" in any way, explored ideas behind the "balance" in the force and morality playing a role in what was "dark" and "light" and yeah, they killed a handful of characters off.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The New Jedi Order series about the War with the Yhuuzon Vong was probably the best star wars fiction written. It was dark, not "kiddie" in any way, explored ideas behind the "balance" in the force and morality playing a role in what was "dark" and "light" and yeah, they killed a handful of characters off.

Did he kill off that damned Jar-Jar?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is a fan thing to.
icon6.gif

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it is a fan thing to.
icon6.gif
oh if it were true :) I do seem to recall hearing something about the original SW books needing approval from Lucas. Not sure if this was oriented towards keeping the time-line correct for future movies or just wanting to keep control of his own world.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It can't be real, there's no way they got all of the original stars to sign on again. Are they even all still alive?

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It can't be real, there's no way they got all of the original stars to sign on again. Are they even all still alive?
All but Sir Alec Guinness who died in 2000. :asian: But considering that Lucas is picking up the story roughly 30 years later the stars should have aged just about right for the ages of their character(s).

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock in that, unless it comes from Lucas himself. Lucas has stated before that it takes SOOOO long to do a trilogy that he will not do 7-9 although he was looking into a live action TV show at some point.

Also, like has been stated the books have already been written by Timothy Zahn, so are you going to use those or ignore them and write you own thing altogether?

I see it as fan hype and not something that will happen.

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The source of this info (SuperShadow) is considered by some as unreliable at the least and worst has been said regarding him on other forums.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
What they OUGHT to do is make "Shatterpoint," a story by Matthew Stover that takes place between episodes II and III about Mace Windu.

The only actor they "need" for THIS film would be Samuel Jackson*— and I think he could be talked into it. In fact, he could finally be able to DO something with the character in THIS story.

Ya'll ought to read it. One of the best-written Star Wars books ever.

The Windu character is just plain awesome in this book and has some real killer lines. Entirely too cool :)

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What they OUGHT to do is make "Shatterpoint," a story by Matthew Stover that takes place between episodes II and III about Mace Windu.

The only actor they "need" for THIS film would be Samuel Jackson*— and I think he could be talked into it. In fact, he could finally be able to DO something with the character in THIS story.

Ya'll ought to read it. One of the best-written Star Wars books ever.

The Windu character is just plain awesome in this book and has some real killer lines. Entirely too cool :)

I can imagine Windu's character's lines go somewhere along the lines of

Windu: What does Darth Vader look like?
Brett: What?
Windu: What system are you from?
Windu: What ain't no system I ever heard of? They speak standard on What?
Brett: W-what?
Windu: Standard mo-fo! Do you speak it?
Brett: Y-yes
Windu: Then you know what I'm saying. Describe what Darth Vader looks like!

well, you know the rest.... uh-yeah

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can imagine Windu's character's lines go somewhere along the lines of

Windu: What does Darth Vader look like?
Windu: What system are you from?
Windu: What ain't no system I ever heard of? They speak standard on What?
Brett: W-what?
Windu: Standard mo-fo! Do you speak it?
Brett: Y-yes
Windu: Then you know what I'm saying. Describe what Darth Vader looks like!

well, you know the rest.... uh-yeah

Funny :)

But seriously, Stover wrote some great lines for Windu.

One of my favorite parts is where Mace advises a potential adversary that his chances (of beating Mace) come in two varieties: fat and slim :)

You really ought to check it out. Btw: Stover is the one who wrote the novelization of episode III (also a real nice job).

FWIW, he is also a martial artist — and I can tell by the way he writes fight scenes.

Latest Discussions