Sometimes The World Provides It's Own Justice

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-11211260

On very rare occasions, irony rises up with power to exact karma upon malefactors.

It is never a good thing when someone loses their life but I cannot shake the felling that, whilst the punishment exceded the crime, natural law struck back in this case.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, how sad, never mind :)

You would have thought that they would wear helmets if they were nicking bikes just so they wouldn't be recognised if nothing else! Ah well, the world won't miss these oxygen thieves.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"The officers were asked not to pursue the suspects, as they were not wearing the correct safety equipment and were not wearing helmets," Supt Steve Nibloe said.

Um, yes. That would not happen in the USA. The police may or may not pursue, based on local (not national) pursuit policies, but generally such decisions are taken based upon perceived risk to the public at large, not risk to the bad guy. If they fall off and brain themselves, that's on them.

In this case, the bad guy in question seems to have done the job on himself, for which well done. I hope he did not manage to reproduce prior to removing himself from the gene pool.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, yes. That would not happen in the USA. The police may or may not pursue, based on local (not national) pursuit policies, but generally such decisions are taken based upon perceived risk to the public at large, not risk to the bad guy. If they fall off and brain themselves, that's on them.

In this case, the bad guy in question seems to have done the job on himself, for which well done. I hope he did not manage to reproduce prior to removing himself from the gene pool.

Sadly whatever the police do it's going to be wrong, if they chase them and there's an accident it's the police fault, if they don't chase them it's their fault again. The local police authorities who are civilians, local councillors etc set down how they want things done and the police catch all the criticisms as if it were their idea. the government says it want policing done a certian way, when it goes wrong, again it the police fault, of course when it goes right.......well yes the government takes the credit.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly whatever the police do it's going to be wrong, if they chase them and there's an accident it's the police fault, if they don't chase them it's their fault again. The local police authorities who are civilians, local councillors etc set down how they want things done and the police catch all the criticisms as if it were their idea. the government says it want policing done a certian way, when it goes wrong, again it the police fault, of course when it goes right.......well yes the government takes the credit.

This is all true here as well, with two exceptions. First is that 'the government' in this case would be the local authority, be it city, county, state or (for federal authorities only), federal. The second is that in either 'pursue' or 'do not pursue', the danger to the suspect is not a consideration. Only danger to the public at large. The police are expected to go into dangerous situations, and the suspects are presumed to have agreed to the risk of being killed when they decided to flee. If they die, they die. Too bad, so sad.

A few hand-wringing types might become offended, but really even very few of our most left-wing liberals cry when a fleeing suspect meets his fate.

The news media will of course cover the comments of the family of the deceased, who will make the same comments regarding how Johnny was a good boy who never did anything wrong, aside from raping those nuns and killing those schoolkids, and why didn't the police give him a chance to turn himself in peacefully, which he sure would have done if he hadn't been out of his mind on drugs at the time?

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I didn't see anything there saying he was a thief - just suspected. One hopes he was. :flushed:

:revenge:

Greater Manchester Police said it followed a nationwide policy that motorbikes should not be pursued because of the higher risk of injury to the rider.

Which is a farce. They are missing an obvious opportunity to reduce the court backlog. You'll be telling me that they don't drop people down the stairs anymore. Where are Taggart and Gene Hunt when you need them?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything there saying he was a thief - just suspected. One hopes he was. :flushed:

:revenge:

Which is a farce. They are missing an obvious opportunity to reduce the court backlog. You'll be telling me that they don't drop people down the stairs anymore. Where are Taggart and Gene Hunt when you need them?

Or the Sweeny!

Latest Discussions