Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elizium

He has and is already getting told off for not using his name there :ultracool

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
i have many japanese clients and some of them have never heard of ninja before.
Also remember, Ninja is a relatively new term to history, showing up no earlier than the 1700s. and its been a household name in america, but probably not in Japan. try Shinobi.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Shogun said:
Also remember, Ninja is a relatively new term to history, showing up no earlier than the 1700s. and its been a household name in america, but probably not in Japan. try Shinobi.
well and don't take it the wrong way but 1700's is still a long time ago. i defenitly will try shinobi next time they come it.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Elizium said:
He has and is already getting told off for not using his name there :ultracool

M.C. Busman showed up and Sojobow has not been seen since.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think it would, Sojobow started the thread, it is about his vanishing, I figure it should all be pretty fair game. Don't you all?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
flatlander said:
I don't think it would, Sojobow started the thread, it is about his vanishing, I figure it should all be pretty fair game. Don't you all?

As Rich Parsons put it,

Persoanlly, I would also lock this thread. Yet, sojobow created it himself. And you are talking about him vanishing or not vanishing. Even though I might not like the thread, it was created by the person in question. It is on topic.

So, Sojobow started this thread to talk about how he was leaving. We are talking about his leaving. If he had just went away and closed his account, we could not talk about him. But he started this thread and is still a member of martialtalk. He has no reason to complain.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
Where is the Honor in attacking those who understand little, I wonder?

Nobody is attacking people because the don't know much. Take a look around and see the people that do not understand and so they come here with questions. They seem to be treated pretty nice.

Now, we do tend to jump up and down on those that understand very little, but talk like experts. The more they yell that they know something, and the less they really know, the more we tend to pull down their pants and have a good, hearty chuckle.

And sometimes letting people know that another has been caught lying is a good thing. People rarely tend to lie just about just one thing. Once you catch them in one lie, they have to start proving everything.

It does not matter if they claim to be members of the Ninhon Kobudo Shinkokai, the Bujinkan Shidoshikai or the CIA, once you find them in a self serving lie, you just can't trust them. Especially when their cliams seem a little far fetched. The best lies have an element of truth in them. The CIA has been caught in scandels where they have lied. But that does not mean they are lying when they deny someone's claim of being an agent. The burden of proof is on the person making the claims and accusations.

True story from martial talk. We had one guy who represented a "master" who had a martial arts orginization. It turns out that this master had a criminal record for lying about being a medal of honor recipient. The rep tried to say that he had merely held onto the phoney medal as a gift for someone else and was charged for possesion. The court records showed that the master admitted to using the medal and even had special plates form the DMV.

Guess what the guys claims about being associated with an orginization in Korea turned out as? Or the rank of the guy representing a defending him? Yep, more bull.

So, if you know that Frank Dux lied and his underling helped cover that up, are you willing to trust him later on? If he merely knows nothing, that is not a concern. Once you stop asking questions and start trying to answer them, then it is not cool to not understand before you open your yap.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Besides which, given that this is supposed to be "set" as a "friendly discussion in the living room", when things get boring it can be a good way to pass the time. BS-ing, basically. It's all good. Sojobow is still free to waltz back in and take everyone to task on this if he so chooses, its not like this is a secretive discussion, hidden from Sojobow's view.

DuckofDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Don Roley said:
M.C. Busman showed up [on BudoSeek!] and Sojobow has not been seen since.

Even before M.C. showed up, sojobow hadn't responded to my "Fish Challenge."

DuckofDeath

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Elizium said:
So it is a seedy technique...

The temerity of calling Hanshi's deadly move a "seedy technique"! If that doesn't bring sojobow back I don't know what will.

E

Elizium

DuckofDeath said:
The temerity of calling Hanshi's deadly move a "seedy technique"! If that doesn't bring sojobow back I don't know what will.
Well all of Dux's claims are about as valid as a $4 bill. All sound good in theory but can they be used anywhere?

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jay Bell said:
*chuckle* Go figure ;)

Chuckle as you wish. Actually, when it concerns martial arts, there is only 2 threads and only 2 post within those 2 threads that provide any insight into the martial arts in your entire Forum at Budoseek. The remainder of your personal forum is no better but actually worse than most other forums out there. Although I did note many instances where you closed/locked threads simply because the posters didn't agree with your "truths." You might also want to work on the biasness of your moderators. They seem to have a problem with personal egos and low knowledge bases. At least in this forum, the moderators don't seem to be as biased even though all of you constantly push them to the edge. Try answering their questions without selling something. And yes, I wanted Mr. Seago to win the bet. sojobow controls even in absentia.

*smoke*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions