speed or power?

E

Elizium

To jump over sojobow's theory that in in another thread, I may as well ask this...

What is the practical points of speed V power?

Is there a plus and minus or is it necessery to have speed and power?

Your views please.

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just to interject.

Maybe you should qualify your question with timing.

Speed, power are nothing without timing.

Rob

OP
E

Elizium

Robbo said:
Just to interject.

Maybe you should qualify your question with timing.

Speed, power are nothing without timing.

Rob
That is true Rob... best wind up my digital watch
Your grandfather was a swiss clock:)

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And maybe you should think about what you are trying to accomplish with a strike. Are you trying to do damage, or set up a throw and/or lock?

Karate styles do some increadible damage with their way of striking. They hit and retract and whatever physics that control the way whips do damage also come into play. Bujinkan tends to not pull back the striking limb, but use it to do more damage to the guy once it hits the target.

Honestly, I do not want to appear to be saying that I am some sort of expert, but the overall approach to combat determines everything that takes place in a competent art like the Bujinkan from strikes to throws to the way it deals with weapons. To try to take one aspect like this without dealing with the big picture is... complicated in my experience. But of course, I still have so much to learn.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i think that both should be equally important. what good does speed do you if you don't hurt your enemy? what good does power do for you if you can never hit your enemy. i refer to mohammed ali. he had both and was the better for it.

just some food for thought

Latest Discussions