Smaller MMA vs larger kung fu.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there any MMA guy who wants to fight her?
Guan-Dao-girl.jpg

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bear, you spend an awful lot of time watching videos. Obviously you spend a lot of that time searching for videos of matches where the MMA person prevails. All fine and well if that is how you want to spend your time.
Why would you think Anyone would believe this is how Every event is going to play out?
The reality is you have bought into the buzzword of MMA hook, line, and sinker. Not necessarily a bad thing. While most on the forum would agree your agenda is misguided, the passion you display for your craft is commendable.
Gerry made a good point earlier, you frame everything in the extremes, and on top of that you use only data that rigs what is on each end of the extremes every time. Here we call that a snake oil salesman.

You are preaching Your gospel so hard no one is buying it brother.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fitness again i think, mr fu was knocking lumps out of, till he wasnt, there was certainty no mma advantage in the early part of the contest, then mr fu burnt himself out
That's what it looked like to me, too. Though I also wondered if the MMA guy was just holding back early on and conserving energy, expecting exactly the outcome he got. I didn't see much in terms of attempted offense early from him.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's what it looked like to me, too. Though I also wondered if the MMA guy was just holding back early on and conserving energy, expecting exactly the outcome he got. I didn't see much in terms of attempted offense early from him.
yea , if he is a ''professional fighter'' he will be used to conserving energy, but it didnt look to me like he had a lot of choice early on, other than defend, if it had been a one round contest mr fu would have clearly won on points, but it wasnt

training to go long can significantly address the balance over other short falls you have, ive seen a lot of '' big '' guys who as weak as kitten after a couple of mins of sustained effort, the trick is lasting that long

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The whale had his eye on that fight. Where I speak fairly fluent whale, he said, "Kung Fu guy shoulda' oughta' had his hands up."

Whales speak funny.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
fitness again i think, mr fu was knocking lumps out of, till he wasnt, there was certainty no mma advantage in the early part of the contest, then mr fu burnt himself out

I wouldn't have suggested either of them were gassed.

I don't think Mr fu was knocking lumps out either. He had the size and was trying to use that. Mr M kept stalling those initial big rushes until he could get those effective shots in.

I would have suggested this as a tactical, technical advantage against better physicality.

OP
drop bear

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

You can't really trade with bigger fresh guys. You really either run or stall.

If you were to look at this as self defense this would be really important because you may make a tactical choice that gets you smashed.

And it is not uncommon for people to suggest going forwards and trying to win a meat grinder war.

Where you could step back and hit the guy when he over reaches. Doing real damage quickly.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Which many of us have pointed out in the past that the quality of training is different. If we took away the fighting systems and viewed the training that was left. MMA would have have significantly more strength building and cardio training in comparison.

But the other thing I get tired of seeing is people who claim to rep Kung Fu who are not able to use any of it when put into a sparring match or fight. I watched that video and saw the same thing. Hands down, so sense of defense and attack, and no kung fu.

Latest Discussions