Share your greatest song or lyric???

dan.jaret

White Belt
Reaction score
Oh you must have thousands of songs collected by now then yay!! I am not the only one! I am like a squirrel collecting music haha. Hey your keyboard work on Soundcloud sounds clear and accomplished! This music is your own composition?? Is peaceful yet I hear also melancholy. 06 is my favourite because of its motifs! bravo! :) I could listen to more!! thank you for sharing x

When I hear this I am tearful and I wonder then why do I listen.. it is to seek an emotion .. you can understand this yes?? xx

Right, I lost track (XD) of how many songs I've collected. The music on soundcloud is my own craziness, and yes, melancholy is the word, romantic+sad someone once said; I would call 06 "Resignation". On the main page you'll find other sets, with a different feel: Daniel Tkach
I'm saving now to buy a new piano, I have not played in years. When I record something else I'll show you :)

Emotion, many people tried to understand it, and why do we suffer on purpose? Daniel Goleman said emotions are addictive. I think we just like feeling emotions because that's what makes us feel alive. Some people cry, others write, compose and paint, others build houses and bridges, others raise children etc. Feeling is what drives the world! It's not money or greed. People look for feeling in different ways, some are productive, some are destructive.
Find out what makes you feel that way, asking yourself is a good way, "why do I like this emotion? what do I connect this with? when did I feel this for the first time? when did I feel this the strongest? what people do I know that feel this way?" And thank you for sharing that song!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was running through some memories earlier of some bands of the time, that helped me through the darker times. Out of Sheffield, Leopard were probably more commercial, term in itself, but I loved them. Yeah, the lyric were probably more about ploughing, but seem oddly apt to me now. Anyway, Sheffield have been a mecca for Brit music right across the genres. This though, is still a good choon. Oh BTW, could someone PM how to turn off predictive text on a iPad.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Music was therapeutic for me too, but in a different way. I listened to stuff like the Cure and other gloomy bands because it helped to know that I wasn't alone in my depression. Some people think I became gloomy because I listened to gloomy music, but I think I was drawn to gloomy music because I ALREADY was gloomy. For example, I had a crummy childhood courtest of my stepfather long before I started listening to ANY music, gloomy or otherwise.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well to keep in the Judas Priest mode...and seeing how my oldest is in trouble now....I think this applies rather well (He hates Judas Priest by the way)

The title and the line "That's right, here's where the talking ends" applies rather well

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Music was therapeutic for me too, but in a different way. I listened to stuff like the Cure and other gloomy bands because it helped to know that I wasn't alone in my depression. Some people think I became gloomy because I listened to gloomy music, but I think I was drawn to gloomy music because I ALREADY was gloomy. For example, I had a crummy childhood courtest of my stepfather long before I started listening to ANY music, gloomy or otherwise.

I hear you. That do not sound easy.. there was always The Cure. In the middle of stuff I would have gone between between All Cats Are Grey, Fight, and this

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah can emphasise Steve. Strange though, I always preferred American bands in general. Was not a fan of Iron Maiden, but Megadeth, a good headache :singing:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah can emphasise Steve. Strange though, I always preferred American bands in general. Was not a fan of Iron Maiden, but Megadeth, a good headache :singing:

I never was much of a metal head, although in the 90's I was a bigger fan of the Pumpkins (influenced by metal pioneers like Sabbath) than I was of the so-called grunge bands (who were more influenced by noise rock).

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heard "Far Cry" by Rush today, I like Rush.

And I will admit, IMO

It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it

based on the views of my youth and the world I lived in then

and for some reason these lines

You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing

Made me think of the things going on in the world today; politics, war, land disputes, manmade islands, terrorism. etc.

but I can say, at least for the moment, "I'm ahead of the wheel"

Pariah dogs and wandering madmen
Barking at strangers and speaking in tongues
The ebb and flow of tidal fortune
Electrical changes are charging up the young

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me
I can get back on
I can get back on
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel
And the next it's rolling over me
I can get back on
I can get back on

Whirlwind life of faith and betrayal
Rise in anger, fall back and repeat
Slow degrees on the dark horizon
Full moon rising lays silver at your feet

I can get back on
I can get back on
I can get back on
I can get back on

You can almost see the circle growing
You can almost feel the planets glowing

I can get back on
I can get back on
I can get back on
I can get back on
One day I fly through a crack in the sky
I can get back on
I can get back on

Oh, oh, oh
I can get back on
I can get back on

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heard "Far Cry" by Rush today, I like Rush.

And I will admit, IMO

based on the views of my youth and the world I lived in then

and for some reason these lines

Made me think of the things going on in the world today; politics, war, land disputes, manmade islands, terrorism. etc.

but I can say, at least for the moment, "I'm ahead of the wheel"
Maybe they who were your parents generation also say this when they were the age you are now?? Maybe this line will can be stated by all generations because it reflect a lost idealism?? Is that what it is??

Anyway I am glad you are currently ahead of the wheel.. be sure to stay there because the future will be robots, just exactly like this! :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And but yes though surely times have not always been changing? Cannot forever be as it was nor will it always be as it is currently right? Like change is not the only certainty? Is this kind of music what you would listen to when you were younger like at high school maybe? interested what you are into :) x
Jenna, I listened to a lot of stuff as a kid. The 80s were good for music in Seattle. Grunge in Seattle came out of a thriving punk rock and underground rock scene, coupled with crappy weather and a lot of time to hang out inside. We had tons of venues to go see music, many were all age shows, Bumbershoot at the time was not overly commercial and predominantly featured local talent, and during the Summers, an alternative AM station (KJET 1590 AM) hosted the KJET Twilight Concerts every week in the Seattle Center, which always featured live, local bands like the Fastbacks, the Young Fresh Fellows, Green River, and the Green Pajamas. Just before I enlisted in the Air Force, I was working as a dishwasher at a place called the Streamliner Diner with a guy named Chad Channing, who was the drummer at the time for Nirvana. That was in 1988 before they had recorded their first single. Pearl Jam after the untimely death of their lead singer around 1990 or so. I was very interested in the local music scene at the time and loved the music (still do). So, that really influenced things I like now, like the Black Keys, Cold War Kids, Delta Spirit and such.

When I wasn't looking for a local venue to watch a live band, I would be at a place called Skoochies or the Monastery in Seattle. They were two all-age clubs that played dance music (ABC, OMD, Depeche Mode, Divine, etc). So, I still really enjoy listening to dance music. Basically, I listened to everything from Bauhaus and Fear to Men Without Hats and Depeche Mode. I spent 2 years in Germany in the late 80's/early 90s, when house music was the rage, which is probably why I was so happy when you turned me onto Stromae (he has kind of a "house" vibe).

Truly, I have always been pretty much all over the place. I like everything.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Maybe they who were your parents generation also say this when they were the age you are now?? Maybe this line will can be stated by all generations because it reflect a lost idealism?? Is that what it is??

Anyway I am glad you are currently ahead of the wheel.. be sure to stay there because the future will be robots, just exactly like this! :D

It may be, or it is just the world seems to have gotten a bit more polluted, a bit smaller and bit more dangerous as time goes on.

But speaking of my parents, another Song by Rush that I might apply to my misspent youth, and likely what my parents thought about me at the time (late teens to late 20s)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jenna, I listened to a lot of stuff as a kid. The 80s were good for music in Seattle. Grunge in Seattle came out of a thriving punk rock and underground rock scene, coupled with crappy weather and a lot of time to hang out inside. We had tons of venues to go see music, many were all age shows, Bumbershoot at the time was not overly commercial and predominantly featured local talent, and during the Summers, an alternative AM station (KJET 1590 AM) hosted the KJET Twilight Concerts every week in the Seattle Center, which always featured live, local bands like the Fastbacks, the Young Fresh Fellows, Green River, and the Green Pajamas. Just before I enlisted in the Air Force, I was working as a dishwasher at a place called the Streamliner Diner with a guy named Chad Channing, who was the drummer at the time for Nirvana. That was in 1988 before they had recorded their first single. Pearl Jam after the untimely death of their lead singer around 1990 or so. I was very interested in the local music scene at the time and loved the music (still do). So, that really influenced things I like now, like the Black Keys, Cold War Kids, Delta Spirit and such.

When I wasn't looking for a local venue to watch a live band, I would be at a place called Skoochies or the Monastery in Seattle. They were two all-age clubs that played dance music (ABC, OMD, Depeche Mode, Divine, etc). So, I still really enjoy listening to dance music. Basically, I listened to everything from Bauhaus and Fear to Men Without Hats and Depeche Mode. I spent 2 years in Germany in the late 80's/early 90s, when house music was the rage, which is probably why I was so happy when you turned me onto Stromae (he has kind of a "house" vibe).

Truly, I have always been pretty much all over the place. I like everything.
Thank you Steve for giving me some idea of what it would be like to be living in your part of the world at that time :) Is interesting for me how a person geographical location influence tastes in music.. then again perhaps it work both ways.. like the kind of place somewhere is influence the dynamic of the music coming from there?? Could that be true?? I think in my mind having not ever been there Seattle be modern and like fancy so then I wonder what about it engender Kurt Cobain or Soundgarden or whomever else?? Like you say there is rainy weather there, that maybe could be a factor?? :)

Would love to know what Euro dance club music you like from early 90s I like a lot of that too :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It may be, or it is just the world seems to have gotten a bit more polluted, a bit smaller and bit more dangerous as time goes on.

But speaking of my parents, another Song by Rush that I might apply to my misspent youth, and likely what my parents thought about me at the time (late teens to late 20s)

This is biker song it sound like, is that correct? Then that is nostalgia for you?? How would you think of your kids if they acted how you acted when you were late teens to late 20s? :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Catching halos on the moon
gives my hands the shapes of angels.
Awesome.. I can hear the tom drums on that.. I am singing it in my head to get to the title.. in the Hanging Gaaaaaaarden :D yay :D

I keep her dark thoughts deep inside, as black as stone and mad as... ?

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
CLUB BANGER 3000
Pink Guy
Produced By Pink Guy
Album Pink Season

CLUB BANGER 3000 LYRICS
[Instrumental]
Hey (x3000)
Hey can I ask please what do you see in that music that appeal to you?? Angsty, and slightly disturbing parodies is what I hear.. cool!! :D Not heard this before now thank you! omg mercifully he took option 1: directing his energy into making music and kooky vids rather than option 2: stabbing people to death at his former school lols

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you Steve for giving me some idea of what it would be like to be living in your part of the world at that time :) Is interesting for me how a person geographical location influence tastes in music.. then again perhaps it work both ways.. like the kind of place somewhere is influence the dynamic of the music coming from there?? Could that be true?? I think in my mind having not ever been there Seattle be modern and like fancy so then I wonder what about it engender Kurt Cobain or Soundgarden or whomever else?? Like you say there is rainy weather there, that maybe could be a factor?? :)

Would love to know what Euro dance club music you like from early 90s I like a lot of that too :)

Yes, it literally was my part of the world...the part inside my head. :)

Latest Discussions