Share your greatest song or lyric???

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This may be out of place or bad timing for everyone else ... but I just worked a benefit for a young woman with neuro-endochrine carcinoma who got up on stage and sang this. It is a song of faith and I hope those of you who are not of faith will grant me a little leeway here.

"IF YOU WANT ME TO"
by Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley If You want me to

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The sinister UNKLE track made me think of this with Thom, from their My Iron Lung EP, the Trickster. Super sinister:

also playing in my head today:

White Zombie on Letterman, with the most motivational tkd kicking song ever

And this, the best accidentally grimacing whilst singing along on the tube song of the day
Yes, I know Warrington. I remember there were IRA bombs there when I was smaller. Where you there when that happened? And you are fluent in Deutsche then too I think especially if you have been there for a year. Oh and your gf is Bavarian and I am always interested to know how people met? :) It is better there than England (I am in Camden near the market) and but I am glad you prefer it there and are happy :) I am jealous of you. I would have ran away to Europe when I was small. Anywhere but here lol :D It sounds like a lovely place. And I will picture you as Bez out of the Happy Mondays or Terry Christian with your Manc accent lol j/k. Have you lost your accent over there yet? And oh I have miscopied a link I think.. which one? The Doors, Riders on the Storm :) and I am liking your choices very much. Thank you for sharing these, a mix of the sinister and the heavy :) Rob Zombie, I approve!!!!!!!11111 :D Pantera on the tube (like the tube underground?) Do you have one of those there? I think it is noisy enough to get away with a little vocal exercising there.. unless German tube trains are super efficient and smoother then here :D Well here is one for you, I do not know if you know these guys, they were never that famous and but I have loved them from they were nobody :D
Post me some more please!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This may be out of place or bad timing for everyone else ... but I just worked a benefit for a young woman with neuro-endochrine carcinoma who got up on stage and sang this. It is a song of faith and I hope those of you who are not of faith will grant me a little leeway here.

"IF YOU WANT ME TO"
by Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley If You want me to
Thank you for sharing. Please tell me what she is called and what she is like then I can better picture her. I will send my wishes and Godspeed and I would like to share you back a song if that is ok and not the wrong thing and I do not presume to know if it would mean anything in the context only I know what this song has always meant to me.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, I know Warrington. I remember there were IRA bombs there when I was smaller. Where you there when that happened? Yes, I was. A terrifying day, and one that left its mark on the town. The main street is now a 'river of peace' and Tim Parry and Jonathan Ball are remembered though an international Peace Centre just out of town, where youths from different cultures meet up and play ping pong and such.

And you are fluent in Deutsche then too I think especially if you have been there for a year. Oh and your gf is Bavarian and I am always interested to know how people met?

Natürlich kann ich Deutsch, aber ich würde noch nicht meine sprachfähigkeiten fließend nennen. (Yes, I speak German, but I wouldn't call myself fluent).
I kun aucha bissl Bayrisch wenns ned schwieres. (I can also do Bavarian if it’s not too complicated).

We met on the internet :) Hooray for the intertubes :)

:) It is better there than England (I am in Camden near the market) and but I am glad you prefer it there and are happy :) I am jealous of you.

Are you from the Sarf then?

I would have ran away to Europe when I was small. Anywhere but here lol :D It sounds like a lovely place. And I will picture you as Bez out of the Happy Mondays or Terry Christian with your Manc accent lol j/k.

Sounds about right, if you tone it down a bit - bit more like Ian Brown of the Stone Roses actually, he's from Warrington too.

Have you lost your accent over there yet?

Not in ze slightest

And oh I have miscopied a link I think.. which one? The Doors, Riders on the Storm :) and I am liking your choices very much. Thank you for sharing these, a mix of the sinister and the heavy :) Rob Zombie, I approve!!!!!!!11111 :D Pantera on the tube (like the tube underground? Yes) Do you have one of those there? Yes, it's maaaaaaaasive and frighteningly efficient I think it is noisy enough to get away with a little vocal exercising there.. unless German tube trains are super efficient and smoother then here :D Well here is one for you, I do not know if you know these guys, they were never that famous and but I have loved them from they were nobody :D
Post me some more please!

I like the Sunna song, I didn't know them already, fits my taste though. Are they iTunesable?

Put me in mind of this somehow:

And as the last of the day from me, here's a song that sums up dropping everything in one country, abandoning all possessions, leaving behind what you know and going out on a limb for something new and challenging...'gonna rise up, and find my direction magnetically'. I give you the gift of Mandolin!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I like the Sunna song, I didn't know them already, fits my taste though. Are they iTunesable?

Put me in mind of this somehow:

And as the last of the day from me, here's a song that sums up dropping everything in one country, abandoning all possessions, leaving behind what you know and going out on a limb for something new and challenging...'gonna rise up, and find my direction magnetically'. I give you the gift of Mandolin!

Ah talking about Ian Brown and the Roses you will be bringing out the indie chick in me :D Here is one of my favs, good northern boys from the time of Madchester and all that. I had ran away to Bergen from Newcastle with this on my cd player when I was 11. I cannot believe how stupid that was. Nothing much changes.

[yt]csxBQLG4-3Q[/yt]

And you met your girl on the internet, that is wonderful. I bet it was a big major nervewracking thing when you met each other for the first. I am happy that these things can work out so well and I wish you well for the future and those songs are fantastic and you know I really like both of those brilliant films too only I do not want you to liken your adventure to that movie as I remember he dies at the end, yes? They find him dead in his bus I think?? I remember it was a very very sad movie. I want you to be thinking more along the lines of something nicer like Serendipity or something with a happier ending :) And yes I can do you a good estuary sarfn and but if you heard me you would know I was anuvva bleedin effnick as some round here would have it. Your German is good, I hope you do not lose your lovely Ian Brown though.. job's a good'n :) And I just knew that the underground there would put the tube here to shame lol :D Share me some more :)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Muppets are fun, my dearest J....

There's such a sad love
Deep in your eyes, a kind of pale jewel
Open and closed within your eyes
I'll place the sky within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart
Beating so fast in search of new dreams
A love that will last within your heart
I'll place the moon within your heart

CHORUS
As the pain sweeps through
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill has gone
Wasn't too much fun at all
But I'll be there for you-oo-oo
As the world falls down

Falling
(As the world) Falling down
Falling in love

I'll paint you mornings of gold
I'll spin you Valentine evenings
Though we're strangers till now
We're choosing the path between the stars
I'll leave my love between the stars

CHORUS

Falling
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down
(down) Falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down

Falling
Falling
Falling

Makes no sense at all
Makes no sense to fall
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down
(down) Falling
Falling
Falling in love
Falling in love (love)
Falling in love
Falling in love
Falling in love

How you turned my world, you precious thing
You starve and near exhaust me
Everything I've done, I've done for you
I move the stars for no one
You've run so long
You've run so far
Your eyes can be so cruel
Just as I can be so cruel
Though I do believe in you
Yes I do
Live without the sunlight
Love without your heartbeat
I, I can't live within you
I can't live within you
(sigh)

Okay, that's just cause this one's fun.... and one of the voices was Danny John Jules, aka Cat from Red Dwarf! Brilliant!

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Muppets are fun, my dearest J....

There's such a sad love
Deep in your eyes, a kind of pale jewel
Open and closed within your eyes
I'll place the sky within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart
Beating so fast in search of new dreams
A love that will last within your heart
I'll place the moon within your heart

CHORUS
As the pain sweeps through
Makes no sense for you
Every thrill has gone
Wasn't too much fun at all
But I'll be there for you-oo-oo
As the world falls down

Falling
Falling in love

I'll paint you mornings of gold
I'll spin you Valentine evenings
Though we're strangers till now
We're choosing the path between the stars
I'll leave my love between the stars

CHORUS

Falling
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down
(down) Falling
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down

Falling
Falling
Falling

Makes no sense at all
Makes no sense to fall
Falling
As the world falls down
Falling
Falling
Falling in love
As the world falls down
(down) Falling
Falling
Falling in love
Falling in love (love)
Falling in love
Falling in love
Falling in love

How you turned my world, you precious thing
You starve and near exhaust me
Everything I've done, I've done for you
I move the stars for no one
You've run so long
You've run so far
Your eyes can be so cruel
Just as I can be so cruel
Though I do believe in you
Yes I do
Live without the sunlight
Love without your heartbeat
I can't live within you
(sigh)

Okay, that's just cause this one's fun.... and one of the voices was Danny John Jules, aka Cat from Red Dwarf! Brilliant!
Muppets Christopher? Explain Muppets to me? You are trying to scare me with Muppets! And you have gone off script and just posted something and not said why you are posting and what is the pertinent part. I do so like David Bowie though. Ashes to Ashes, Up The Hill Backwards, Heroes. Anyway I will do the same as you like this
and just say it is a good song :) And when are you going to post another of your own band songs anyway. Only no more muppets no more muppets

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Muppets Christopher? Explain Muppets to me? You are trying to scare me with Muppets! And you have gone off script and just posted something and not said why you are posting and what is the pertinent part. I do so like David Bowie though. Ashes to Ashes, Up The Hill Backwards, Heroes. Anyway I will do the same as you like this
and just say it is a good song :) And when are you going to post another of your own band songs anyway. Only no more muppets no more muppets

It looks like a muppet obsesion to me :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This song today for some reason just verified everything I was thinking and feeling (in a positive way) earlier today. Even though the lyrics have little or nothing to do with any part of what I was thinking or feeling earlier today…. I think it may just be the title lyric "Life at a Glance in combination with the music that did it

Album

Live now when you listen to this...turn the volume up to 11 and you will get the idea of what it was like every sinigle time I saw the Joe Perry Project :D

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Ah, my dearest J, I thought I had explained the importance of muppets earlier... suffice to say that nostalgia, longing, memories sweet and tainted all lead my mind to seek out such lyrical pleasures. The first lot were due to the muppets ability to create emotional bonds and convey deep connections without needing complete expressions. So I chose a range of songs that had the same ability to express their messages through a lack of proper language, demonstrating that the important thing is the message itself, and the honesty that lies behind it. Basically, provided the message is pure, such things as language can just get in the way, as language is an imperfect method of communication.

The Labyrinth ones were more about me thinking about times past, with the first two in particular being linked to someone from my past who has been haunting my mind for a few weeks now. The last one was because I needed to smile again afterwards.

But back to my kinda stuff... don't worry, it's not a muppet. Honest.

Rosemary
Heaven restores you in life
You're coming with me
Through the aging, the fear and the strife
It's the smiling on the package
It's the faces in the sand
It's the thought that moves you upwards
Embracing me with two hands
Right will take you places
Yeah maybe to the beach
When your friends they do come crying
Tell them now your pleasure's set upon slow-release

Hey wait
Great smile
sensitive to fate,
Not denial
But hey who's on trial?

It took a lifespan with no cellmate
The long way back
Saying, "Hey, why can't we look the other way?"

we speaks about travel
Yeah, we think about the land
We smart like all people
Feeling real tan
I could take you places
Do you need a new man?
Wipe the pollen from the faces
Make revision to a dream while you wait in the van

Hey wait
Great smile
sensitive to fate,
Not denial
But hey who's on trial?

To find a long way back
You're weightless, you are exotic
You need something for which to care

Leave some shards under the belly
Lay some grease inside my hand
It's a sentimental jury
And the makings of a good plan
You've come to love me lightly
Yeah you've come to hold me tight
Is this motion everlasting
Or do shutters pass in the night?

Rosemary
Oh heaven restores you in life
I spent a lifespan with no cellmate
The long way back
You're weightless, semi-erotic
You need someone to take you there
Why can't we just play the other game?
Why can't we just look the other way?

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This song today for some reason just verified everything I was thinking and feeling (in a positive way) earlier today. Even though the lyrics have little or nothing to do with any part of what I was thinking or feeling earlier today…. I think it may just be the title lyric "Life at a Glance in combination with the music that did it

Album

Live now when you listen to this...turn the volume up to 11 and you will get the idea of what it was like every sinigle time I saw the Joe Perry Project :D

I cannot talk, I am addicted to 75% dark chocolate and that does not even talk back. Except when I overdo it :D Ah I cannot turn up my volume to 11 onthese KRKs I would blow out the walls haha.. That right there is music that is best played LOUD I think though. Glad you found verification in what you were thinking and feeling. Sometimes that happens when our minds are receptive. I think music is an excellent tool for encouraging receptiveness. Maybe you can suggest that at your next meeting and play these songs to facilitate the progress :D

I like your songs. I do not know if you heard of these guys. I like this song specially.

[yt]URCce14QJqc[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, my dearest J, I thought I had explained the importance of muppets earlier... suffice to say that nostalgia, longing, memories sweet and tainted all lead my mind to seek out such lyrical pleasures. The first lot were due to the muppets ability to create emotional bonds and convey deep connections without needing complete expressions. So I chose a range of songs that had the same ability to express their messages through a lack of proper language, demonstrating that the important thing is the message itself, and the honesty that lies behind it. Basically, provided the message is pure, such things as language can just get in the way, as language is an imperfect method of communication.

The Labyrinth ones were more about me thinking about times past, with the first two in particular being linked to someone from my past who has been haunting my mind for a few weeks now. The last one was because I needed to smile again afterwards.

But back to my kinda stuff... don't worry, it's not a muppet. Honest.

snip to fit
Haunting implies unpleasantness? In which case I hope you have exorcised whichever ghosts from your past were haunting you for weeks. I like Red Dwarf. I do not think they make any more of them now though. Was funny in its time, now old repeats not so. A bit like me I think :D And you have said no muppets and posted that video with a scary muppet man in it ha. I like that you have a muppet side to you though. It paints you from another angle :) I am having deja vu at the minute.. ooh.. Anyway, here is a song. I do not know if you like my songs. Please tell me what you like and I will oblige

[yt]kXWHdOytG5Q[/yt]

I will even start to give you thanks at the bottom and because perhaps I think I am not setting you a very good example by not giving you any since you have not handed any out and but maybe if I do you will pass it on to someone else that deserves a thanks. I am sure they would be happy to have that from you :) Anyway it is just a thought.. I hope you are well

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
On the sinister point, this is a great song but the video is really sinister, I find:

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score

Rosemary
Heaven restores you in life
You're coming with me
Through the aging, the fear and the strife
It's the smiling on the package
It's the faces in the sand
It's the thought that moves you upwards
Embracing me with two hands
Right will take you places
Yeah maybe to the beach
When your friends they do come crying
Tell them now your pleasure's set upon slow-release

Hey wait
Great smile
sensitive to fate,
Not denial
But hey who's on trial?

The long way back

we speaks about travel
Yeah, we think about the land
We smart like all people
Feeling real tan
I could take you places
Do you need a new man?
Wipe the pollen from the faces
Make revision to a dream while you wait in the van

Hey wait
Great smile
sensitive to fate,
Not denial
But hey who's on trial?

To find a long way back
You're weightless, you are exotic
You need something for which to care

Leave some shards under the belly
Lay some grease inside my hand
It's a sentimental jury
And the makings of a good plan
You've come to love me lightly
Yeah you've come to hold me tight
Is this motion everlasting
Or do shutters pass in the night?

Rosemary
Oh heaven restores you in life
I spent a lifespan with no cellmate
The long way back
You're weightless, semi-erotic
You need someone to take you there
Why can't we just play the other game?
Why can't we just look the other way?

Interpol are awesome. That is all.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haunting implies unpleasantness? In which case I hope you have exorcised whichever ghosts from your past were haunting you for weeks. I like Red Dwarf. I do not think they make any more of them now though. Was funny in its time, now old repeats not so. A bit like me I think :D And you have said no muppets and posted that video with a scary muppet man in it ha. I like that you have a muppet side to you though. It paints you from another angle :) I am having deja vu at the minute.. ooh.. Anyway, here is a song. I do not know if you like my songs. Please tell me what you like and I will oblige

[yt]kXWHdOytG5Q[/yt]

I will even start to give you thanks at the bottom and because perhaps I think I am not setting you a very good example by not giving you any since you have not handed any out and but maybe if I do you will pass it on to someone else that deserves a thanks. I am sure they would be happy to have that from you :) Anyway it is just a thought.. I hope you are well

Ah, my dearest and most wondrous J, of course I adore each and every melodic offering you present, they are in the main either already deeply loved classics or new joys discovered and warm introductions made.... this latest had me in mind of more from my prior existence, which lead me to more of the same, and again finds me lost in the amber glow of the past, sepia tones pervading memory, softening heartache and smoothing over missed judgement, while all the same bringing into view details forgotten and treasures buried, unnoticed at the time.

My love is unusual,
It's painted me with roses and thorns
With her I'm complete

She comforts me when the candle's gone out
The cake has grown mould but the memories are sweet
The laughter's all gone but the memories are mine
The Mexican Princess is out of my life...

She turned away, what was she lookin' at?
She was a sour girl the day that she met me
Hey! What are you lookin' at?
She was a happy girl the day that she left me

What would you do?
What would you do if I followed you?
What would you do if I follow?

Don't turn away, what are you lookin' at?
He was so happy on the day that he met her
Say, what are you lookin' at?
I was a Superman, but looks are deceivin'...

The rollercoaster ride's a lonely one
I'd pay a ransom note to stop it from steamin'
She was a teenage girl when she met me...

What would you do?

The girls got reasons....
They all got reasons...

She was a happy girl the day that she left
The day that she left me
She was a happy girl the day that she left me

She was a sour girl the day that she met me

The day that she left me....

Oh, and don't worry about the "haunted" comment, there isn't anything inherently negative there, I just mean it to refer to old thoughts and feelings that remain, things which cannot be escaped, linked and bound to my heart and mind...

Then, of course, Gnarlie's clip got me thinking theatrically as well....

I've got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better f***
Than any boy you'll ever meet, sweetie, you had me
Girl I was it, look past the sweat, a better love deserving of
Exchanging body heat in the passenger seat
No, no, no, you know it will always be just me...

Let's get these teen hearts beating faster, faster....

Oh, well in fact, well I'll look at it this way,
I mean technically our marriage is saved....
This calls for a toast, so pour the champagne,
Pour the champagne...

It's much better to face these things with a sense of poise and rationality.

Now I'm of consenting age to be forgetting you in a cabaret.
Somewhere downtown where a burlesque queen may even ask my name
As she sheds her skin on stage
I'm seated and sweating to a dance song on the club's P.A.
The strip joint veteran sits two away
Smirking between dignified sips of his dignified peach and lime daiquiri

And isn't this exactly where you'd like me
I'm exactly where you'd like me, you know
Praying for love in a lap dance and paying in naivety
Oh, isn't this exactly where you'd like me

But, but I'm afraid that I
Well, I may have faked it
And I wouldn't be caught dead in this place

Well, I'm afraid that I
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it

Well, I'm afraid that I
Well, I may have faked it

Well, I'm afraid that I
Well, that's right, well I may have faked it

Praying for love and paying in naivety
Praying for love and paying in naivety, oh

Hmm, that all kinda tells a story...

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Christopher, you are making me inquisitive now only I do not like to pry. It is a game to guess I think. It is a very complicated post like an episode from your life story told as lyrical narrative. And is it intentionally difficult to decipher? Or do I lack the deciphering skills? You are still looking for your Mexican Princess to return if you are haunted and cannot evade the memories? And why was she happy when she left you per the lyric? See I am reading the lyric and but lyrics are subjective and often not every line is pertinent. I gave you another thanks see this? Does this cheer you up? I am sensing through those lyrics you are fraught or impatient or something else verging resentful? I am not sure. Tea leaves are not so useful. Give me your hand.

[yt]3wAMuVakyac[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A requiem and yet beautiful for it.

[yt]yfu_Q72_pGk[/yt]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another band from my misspent youth… the fools, the last Cadillac on earth

I came across this by accident and now I am reminiscing…. Not sure if that is a good idea :) or a bad idea :EG: based on my misspent youth

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, I like the sound of the first very much though. It reminds me of something. I very much like the vibe to it. It seems to fit today. Thank you! The other one is Psychokiller re-done, I know that :D Reminiscing upon your mis-spent youth is what it is, sometimes good and sometimes not. Observe your reminiscinces as they come and go and but never hold to them to tightly. Meditate..

Do not know if you know these people? Do not think they are around any more. Was always a lyrical resonator with me :)

[yt]URCce14QJqc[/yt]

Latest Discussions