Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is a brilliant guitar duet that I have been listening to a lot of late. It is like lavender oil, distilled from Blues-based-guitar-talent, soothing my tensions in these past weeks where work has been stressful, wedding plans have been providing stresses of their own, illnesses have been striking me and my missus and, most sadly, elderly relations passing away:

[yt]KGbYqFFTEyY[/yt]
I am so sorry you are having such troubles just now dear Suke.. you woul dstill look for the sunshine it is coming yes! and but you are listening to this song as relaxation?? goodness.. well i have a piece for you that you might like? a skill beyond what I could understand and but it is not a girlie? I do not know if that is essential criteria.. it is calming and mesmerising.. to me it is a faith partially restored in humanity to hear :) I hope it is ok :)
[yt]nY7GnAq6Znw[/yt]

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late for the Elvis sacrilege, even later for the Zep, but here's what it took for me to even know the lyrics to The Immigrant Song....enjoy :lfao: :

Don't care for kittens, but this just cracks me up!

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
And here, a favorite song-lyrically and otherwise-by Elvis at 19, the way he should be remembered-move over Frank Sinatra....(and you can totally hear what Chris Isaacs has been trying to do for the last 20 years....) :

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Late for the Elvis sacrilege, even later for the Zep, but here's what it took for me to even know the lyrics to The Immigrant Song....enjoy :lfao: :

Don't care for kittens, but this just cracks me up!
haha.. that is cool and cute in equal measure.. hey this has made me smile such a lot thank you I am indebted thank you so much yes that works for me :) and I am wondering of the significance of Blue Moon.. Thank you for sharing this!!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jenna, just a quick note to say, by eck that Mr. Gomm has some command of his instrument! ... ooh er missus! :D

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jenna, just a quick note to say, by eck that Mr. Gomm has some command of his instrument! ... ooh er missus! :D
heheh ooh err missus yourself :D yes his instrument is quite worn and I think has had a deal of uh handling :p hush now you are making me say stuff lols :D and this it makes me smile it is not of the same level as that and nor is it a selfloving youtube guitar girlie and but it just makes me smile and one of the comments Mark it had said "gon yoursel' hen" and which is lovely :)
[yt]t4S2yg4CYZg[/yt]

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
:) and I am wondering of the significance of Blue Moon.. Thank you for sharing this!!

Rogers and Hart-interesting story, it's actually several songs:

Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart were contracted to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer in May 1933. They were soon commissioned to write the songs for Hollywood Party, a film that was to star many of the studio's top artists. Richard Rodgers later recalled, "One of our ideas was to include a scene in which Jean Harlow is shown as an innocent young girl saying—or rather singing—her prayers. How the sequence fitted into the movie I haven't the foggiest notion, but the purpose was to express Harlow's overwhelming ambition to become a movie star ('Oh Lord, if you're not busy up there,/I ask for help with a prayer/So please don't give me the air . . .')." The song was not even recorded and MGM Song #225 "Prayer (Oh Lord, make me a movie star)" dated June 14, 1933, was registered for copyright as an unpublished work on July 10, 1933.[SUP][1][/SUP]
Lorenz Hart wrote new lyrics for the tune to create a title song for the 1934 film Manhattan Melodrama: "Act One:/You gulp your coffee and run;/Into the subway you crowd./Don’t breathe, it isn’t allowed".[SUP][2][/SUP] The song, which was also titled "It's Just That Kind of Play", was cut from the film before release, and registered for copyright as an unpublished work on March 30, 1934. The studio then asked for a nightclub number for the film. Rodgers still liked the melody so Hart wrote a third lyric: "The Bad in Every Man" ("Oh, Lord . . . /I could be good to a lover,/But then I always discover/The bad in ev’ry man"[SUP][2][/SUP]), which was sung by Shirley Ross. The song, which was also released as sheet music, was not a hit.[SUP][1][/SUP]
After the film was released by MGM, Jack Robbins—the head of the studio's publishing company[SUP][3][/SUP]—decided that the tune was suited to commercial release but needed more romantic lyrics and a punchier title. Hart was initially reluctant to write yet another lyric but he was persuaded.[SUP][1][/SUP] The result was "Blue moon/you saw me standing alone/without a dream in my heart/without a love of my own".
There is another verse that comes before the usual start of the song. Both Eric Clapton and Rod Stewart used it in their recent versions of the song. The last line of this extra verse is "Life was a bitter cup for the saddest of all men."[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]
Robbins licensed the song to Hollywood Hotel, a radio program that used it as the theme. On January 15, 1935, Connee Boswell recorded it for Brunswick Records. It subsequently was featured in at least seven more MGM films including the Marx Brothers' At the Circus and Viva Las Vegas.[SUP][1][/SUP] Part of the song was in the musical Grease.
Strong similarities between Rodgers's melody and the opening of the 2nd movement of Sergei Taneyev's Piano Quartet in E, Op.20, published by Belaieff in 1907 have been noted

"Life was a bitter cup for the saddest of all men."

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rogers and Hart-interesting story, it's actually several songs:

"Life was a bitter cup for the saddest of all men."
it is the piece mentioned at the last of that excerpt ahh it is beautiful and I had not heard of this composer so I am grateful to you for putting this my way though I do not know which would come first this piece or the song? and but your line it is so so poignant this is a self reference? Your disposition from this distance I think it is always the opposite of sadness?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
it is the piece mentioned at the last of that excerpt ahh it is beautiful and I had not heard of this composer so I am grateful to you for putting this my way though I do not know which would come first this piece or the song? and but your line it is so so poignant this is a self reference? Your disposition from this distance I think it is always the opposite of sadness?

Yer welcome. :lol:

You think that, that my "disposition....is always the opposite of sadness?"

It's not. I've a lot to be happy about, and I'm inclined to be most of the time-I once had a long (and telling) argument with an ex-girlfriend (psychologist) who insisted that there "was no such thing as a 'happy childhood,'" and that I-who can remember all the various miseries and traumas of his early childhood- "must be blocking something out" to think I had, what was, a happy childhood.

I learned early on how to make lemons into lemonade-in fact, most of the time when life gives me lemons, I give the lemons back, and insist on chocolate.:lol:

I'm frequently sad, though-not the "saddest of all men," but I've had my share of sadness, I think, and everything about "life" in general tells me that there'll be more. I also think that men are supposed to treasure the things that bring us to tears-the happy kind as well as the things that make us sad.

Apropos of all of that, another favorite lyric-a tune based on the second movement of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2 in C minor-my favorite classical piece, and maybe the most ripped off tune of all time. My dad's piano teacher was friends with Rachmaninoff-came over to the U.S. with him on the same ship.

The Rach 2- a wildly difficult piece for even the most accomplished pianist without really, really large hands- contains in its second theme, the basis for the Frank Sinatra song, "Full Moon and Empty Arms"

It was one of my dad's favorite pieces, and it's one of mine-maybe the most ripped off piece of music ever. Dad would have been 84 next Tuesday, but he died on his 59th birthday, so the date will mark 25 years without him.....

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Song Lyric Mystery... "Some say that Knowledge is something sat in your lap." Kate Bush.
I told my girlfriend that lyric was a bout sex, and she listened to the song and thinks I am full of it. I only need one person to agree with me. :)

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yer welcome. :lol:

You think that, that my "disposition....is always the opposite of sadness?"

It's not. I've a lot to be happy about, and I'm inclined to be most of the time-I once had a long (and telling) argument with an ex-girlfriend (psychologist) who insisted that there "was no such thing as a 'happy childhood,'" and that I-who can remember all the various miseries and traumas of his early childhood- "must be blocking something out" to think I had, what was, a happy childhood.

I learned early on how to make lemons into lemonade-in fact, most of the time when life gives me lemons, I give the lemons back, and insist on chocolate.:lol:

I'm frequently sad, though-not the "saddest of all men," but I've had my share of sadness, I think, and everything about "life" in general tells me that there'll be more. I also think that men are supposed to treasure the things that bring us to tears-the happy kind as well as the things that make us sad.

Apropos of all of that, another favorite lyric-a tune based on the second movement of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #2 in C minor-my favorite classical piece, and maybe the most ripped off tune of all time. My dad's piano teacher was friends with Rachmaninoff-came over to the U.S. with him on the same ship.

The Rach 2- a wildly difficult piece for even the most accomplished pianist without really, really large hands- contains in its second theme, the basis for the Frank Sinatra song, "Full Moon and Empty Arms"

It was one of my dad's favorite pieces, and it's one of mine-maybe the most ripped off piece of music ever. Dad would have been 84 next Tuesday, but he died on his 59th birthday, so the date will mark 25 years without him.....

yes I think your disposition is opposite of sadness because your little men are always rolling around on the floor laughing is why! a filtered memory is a survival instinct then you have had much to filter I think you have had an unfair share of these things.. hehe yes life gives to you a lemon grate it into your own handmade chocolate and feed it back to life to show you do not have hasty temper or can be provoked by its insults (Art of war this is :)) ah please be careful over what you are soothsaying else you will bring it about.. you are setting it so there /will/ be more sadness.. set it instead that there will be very little and that will write it where it is written.. You are poetic and you will only mock me for saying that and but it is said anyways.. and you like Rachmaninoff I would not have seen you with an ear for this you are wise and but too complex for mozart stoical and but too stern for debussy and you would imagine handel is funny I think and Schubert is too frivolous you are not so frivolous on the inside where it matters and so I would guess Sibelius ha what do I know only i would choose you this because there are very many emotions herein..
I had them play Faure in paradisum at my dad funeral.. bah I do not like would have beens and past tenses.. to die in corporeal is not to be gone away you know this.. only shifted in perception 25 years on Tuesday you are not without your dad? only the leaf of the tree has blown and but the tree is stalwart.. All By Myself I understand this lyric only sometimes there is another pov.. sometimes we are not alone only it is the wrong type of company.. i do not know if this lyric wouold suit you :)

[yt]pGbHN3eCYIU[/yt]

Everybody laughing and a peeking and a poking
But I was too scared to move
I was too much heart broken
Three ugly sisters were the keepers of me
They were certified witches, Evil!, Nasty!
Now every day at around five o'clock
Yeah, A great big ol' giant would come, knockety knock

I am grateful and humbled for your sharing means a lot thank you :) Jx

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Song Lyric Mystery... "Some say that Knowledge is something sat in your lap." Kate Bush.
I told my girlfriend that lyric was a bout sex, and she listened to the song and thinks I am full of it. I only need one person to agree with me. :)
Sean I looooovvvvvve this song!!! and there is nobody like Kate Bush to do what she does..thank you for remind me.. And you have asked for an Amen to a sexual meaning haha.. well I would give to you something else over this lyric.. she sings "some say that hell is heaven and heaven is hell" and I will see this as a depiction of knowledge of sex and sexuality viewed through the lens of our pious underpinnings.. so this means what is heaven is also hell yes? you understand this? I could give to you more only you are only here for an Amen so I would give to you your Amen though it is with the proviso that there is possibly something wrong in my mind hehehe :)

khuang85

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Two songs that inspire me greatly are I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor and Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House. I have gone through my tough things in my life and both songs I believe tell me that something better lies ahead as long as I don't give up. Particularly I Will Survive which I like to think of as the song of my life.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Two songs that inspire me greatly are I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor and Don't Dream It's Over by Crowded House. I have gone through my tough things in my life and both songs I believe tell me that something better lies ahead as long as I don't give up. Particularly I Will Survive which I like to think of as the song of my life.
You do not give up you do not surrender.. you are strong to have come through what you have come through.. stronger than you think you are..

I had posted before because it is a song that speaks to me and but I would like to give it for you :)

Im bulletproof nothing to lose.. fire away, fire away!
Ricochet take your aim.. fire away, fire away!
You shoot me down but I won't fall.. I am titanium

[yt]JRfuAukYTKg[/yt]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not sure why I feel the need to post this here but....

It was Monday morning and I was thinking about going to work and parking my car and walking in and how much I really dislike walking in on a small ramp with a lot of people and how much I really dislike my new office with my new little cubicle and for some reason I started to think about the video “owner of a lonely heart” by Yes towards the end where the guy just turns around and goes the other way.

Owner Of A Lonely Heart

I should add that I never liked cubicles because I tend to look at them as dehumanizing and socially repressive, frankly I would rather be in one big room than a cubicle.
I got in my car and I decided I needed a song that would at least have some meaning to me this morning as I drove in to be part of the heard and sit in my antisocial dehumanizing space and for some reason I saw Rush Snakes and Arrows in my car (I knew it was there I just had not listen to it for a while) so I popped it in and “Far Cry” seem to hit a nerve as did “Armor and Sword”

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

This left me with a rather philosophical thought but I think… for now… I shall keep that to myself…that and I am guessing it is a thought many a parent has had who is much brighter than I

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have not been able to get this song out of my head all weekend so I went to look for it on YouTube.... I had never seen the video before and I had no idea it had martial arts in it....Frankly I think it is mighty cool

Devil Takes Care of His Own - Band of Skulls

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems more pertinent than ever...

You take a mortal man,
And put him in control
Watch him become a god,
Watch peoples heads a'roll
A'roll...

Just like the Pied Piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes,
Swaying to the Symphony...
Of Destruction

Acting like a robot,
It's metal brain corrodes.
You try to take it's pulse,
Before the head explodes.
Explodes...

Just like the Pied Piper
Of Destruction

The earth starts to rumble
World powers fall
A'warring for the heavens,
A peaceful man stands tall
Tall...

Just like the Pied Piper

Just like the Pied Piper
Of Destruction

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Heard this yesterday and I had not heard it in years, actually I had not thought about it in years... and it was at the exact right time

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Heard this yesterday and I had not heard it in years, actually I had not thought about it in years... and it was at the exact right time
The exact right time? You can say why?

Here is one for you love this video for so many reason :)

[yt]a_426RiwST8[/yt]