Share your greatest song or lyric???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The path I was on was heading me in that direction but I did not end up there.... I did have more than my share of run ins with the police and ended up in court once but not jail. And I owe a lot to my Jujutsu Sensei for me not ending up behind bars.
You are always polite and courteous here. I would not have imagined you would have ever ran foul of the law. Well I will not ask and instead give plentiful credit to you for getting yourself on the straight path with the help of your Sensei. I am glad you did X-S :)

Just for you
(joking witcha! :D)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You are always polite and courteous here. I would not have imagined you would have ever ran foul of the law. Well I will not ask and instead give plentiful credit to you for getting yourself on the straight path with the help of your Sensei. I am glad you did X-S :)

Just for you
(joking witcha! :D)

:lfao: I always liked that song and I liked the movie too

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio today and I had not heard it in a long time....No big thing here, just a happy flashback to the days of my misspent youth as a guitar player in a garage band.... we played this

Let there be rock

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I heard this on the radio today and I had not heard it in a long time....No big thing here, just a happy flashback to the days of my misspent youth as a guitar player in a garage band.... we played this

Let there be rock
Yaayy :D Top song mister! I love it. I wish I did not always see Jack Black when I am played AC/DC, nevertheless, top song mister!! :D And you were an axeman in your day? Do you still play much?? And really was your youth misspent? I am having my view of you changed X-S! :)

I think my misspent youth was um.. fraught. Hold onto your hat :D
[yt]yaZWCGs7tFw[/yt]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yaayy :D Top song mister! I love it. I wish I did not always see Jack Black when I am played AC/DC, nevertheless, top song mister!! :D And you were an axeman in your day? Do you still play much?? And really was your youth misspent? I am having my view of you changed X-S! :)

I think my misspent youth was um.. fraught. Hold onto your hat :D

I remember that song, and I liked it then too, thanks

Yup played Guitar, had a Guild Electric, Peavey Electric, custom homemade electric that looked like and SG and a Takamine Classical. And later on I did just what my cousin, who was older and a much better guitar player than I said I would do. (Because he did the same exact thing)... suffer electric guitar burnout sell them all and keep an acoustic.... I still have the classical, which I do not play and I have a steel string Alvarez which I play rarely.

And yes my youth was misspent, should have been in college then, not later. Should not have wasted so much money on alcohol and I should have trained MA more. There were GREAT MA schools around Boston back in the days of the Dinosaurs.

And I sometimes find myself thinking about this version of Let there be Rock whenever I see or hear the AC/DC version

your misspent youth was fraught with....money....Daisy Chainsaw???

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I remember that song, and I liked it then too, thanks

Yup played Guitar, had a Guild Electric, Peavey Electric, custom homemade electric that looked like and SG and a Takamine Classical. And later on I did just what my cousin, who was older and a much better guitar player than I said I would do. (Because he did the same exact thing)... suffer electric guitar burnout sell them all and keep an acoustic.... I still have the classical, which I do not play and I have a steel string Alvarez which I play rarely.

And yes my youth was misspent, should have been in college then, not later. Should not have wasted so much money on alcohol and I should have trained MA more. There were GREAT MA schools around Boston back in the days of the Dinosaurs.

And I sometimes find myself thinking about this version of Let there be Rock whenever I see or hear the AC/DC version
Ooh that is a meaty tasty version. I can warm to some of the things Henry Rollins stands for in his other activities even though he scares me himself. Great cover though :) And so you went pure and acoustic after your affair with electric strings? Ah you will have to pick up your rig again and break in your fingers all over unless your iron palm conditioning has kept your pinkies tough! :) And well if your youth was misspent then your success as a person today has I hope made amends with the younger you. I hope he is not still rattling around making you angsty. And the days of the Dinosaurs? I have not heard of this, or are you joking about your age?? You do not sound old. You sound as if whatever age you are it has given you insight. Anyway, thank you my friend for the songs, I am grateful to be able to share :) x

Do not know where you stand on this band. I heard this song during my long crisis of misspent youth and went and got all their older stuff too which is amazing RnR.
[yt]sX7apbmwNJE[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Christopher, Muppets are funny and but a little freakish, no? I do not know if Jim Henson blazed up and but if not, perhaps he was always in the room when his friends were doing so and but I like that you like though :) Was this part of your childhood? I hope these videos are not a product of work-related anxiety?

I do not know how to reply.. though I aim to please and so here is a buffet of songs from my new West End musical I am entitling "Teenage Years Of A Confused Girl" and you can have your fill or discard

Act 1 Happy
[yt]X5ouOa9k0gE[/yt]

Act II Sad
[yt]g0bZtf5MCzY[/yt]

Act III Mellow
[yt]PoPL7BExSQU[/yt]

Act IV Melancholy
[yt]7iTfm0iEMUU[/yt]

Act V Wistful
[yt]ToQ0n3itoII[/yt]

Act VI Despair
[yt]sRlYFI4hhfs[/yt]

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, my dearest J, the Muppets are an innocence desired in a corrupted world, reflecting with fuzzy lines the grotesque and sublime in a language that needs no words, playing on the edge of dreams, and ensnaring the hearts of those touched, warming those that are cold, and lightening those that are heavy-laden with the weight of age and unyearned for maturing...

Yeah, I like the Muppets.

But I'm also intrigued by the catalogue of emotions expressed and represented, so I'm going to try the same thing. Love your choices, but I'll try to choose different ones (if I can! You used Hurt already.... dammit!)

Act 1 - Joy

Act 2 - Sadness

Act 3 - Ambivalence

Act 4 - Nostalgia

Act 5 - Redemption

Encore - Stripped and soulful.... with glasses.

Hmm, I might be in an odd mood....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sorry this is getting way too deep, emotional and philosophical for me today so let me just simplify it all with something from the days of my youth :D

Let the Music do the talkin' - The Joe Perry Project

Original Version

Newer (live) version

I saw Joe Perry Live back in, I believe, 1981 just after Aerosmith kind a sorta broke up and Joe had not quite realized he was playing in a small theater and not in a large stadium. It was absolutely the loudest concert I have ever been to (he had it turned up to 11 :D). You could have stood outside about a block away and heard it just fine.

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, my dearest J, the Muppets are an innocence desired in a corrupted world, reflecting with fuzzy lines the grotesque and sublime in a language that needs no words, playing on the edge of dreams, and ensnaring the hearts of those touched, warming those that are cold, and lightening those that are heavy-laden with the weight of age and unyearned for maturing...

Yeah, I like the Muppets.

But I'm also intrigued by the catalogue of emotions expressed and represented, so I'm going to try the same thing. Love your choices, but I'll try to choose different ones (if I can! You used Hurt already.... dammit!)

Act 1 - Joy

Act 2 - Sadness

Act 3 - Ambivalence

Act 4 - Nostalgia

Act 5 - Redemption

Encore - Stripped and soulful.... with glasses.

Hmm, I might be in an odd mood....

I like the poet in you Christopher and I am glad that the Muppets are a sign of your formative tastes in television and not a sign of your burgeoning psychosis. Those are super songs. You know I am not mind reader and but I like Bjork nevertheless, Post is one of my best albums and so thank you for reminding me of those songs, I am grateful :).

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sorry this is getting way too deep, emotional and philosophical for me today
Well you started it Mister with your waywardness and misspent youth!! :D

so let me just simplify it all with something from the days of my youth :D
Let the Music do the talkin' - The Joe Perry Project

Original Version

Newer (live) version

I saw Joe Perry Live back in, I believe, 1981 just after Aerosmith kind a sorta broke up and Joe had not quite realized he was playing in a small theater and not in a large stadium. It was absolutely the loudest concert I have ever been to (he had it turned up to 11 :D). You could have stood outside about a block away and heard it just fine.

I like both versions. I am not sure which is best. The original has a lovely lo-fi about it and but the more recent take has the benefit of production clarity and oomph :) I like the music of your youth a lot!! Whatever trouble you may or may not have been in, your taste in music remained excellent :) Thank you for sharing Sir, There is ALWAYS a place for a decent straight up rock n roll song in my day, thank you :D

I liked these guys better in the earlier days. I think this fits with the sounds of Joe Perry, no?

[yt]uLaJkbkG5NI[/yt]

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sure blame me just because it is true :D

Just cuz I felt like hearing it
Oooh that hits the mark alright :D Always space for weaponised guitar!! :D And so you are just posting songs just because you like to? Pffft.. Well two can play at that game :) Listen to this if you have a minute - I know it will be too indie rock for you and but I will give you a piece of my chocolate if the melody does not instantly stick in your head :D

[yt]uQKjI6395iU[/yt]

And no more flagrant "I posted just cos" posts. You are not allowed to do that. Says so in the rulez. Read em :D

Post me something else. I like your music :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Never heard of the Vaccines but I like them

Just got out of a meeting and I can't think of a better song to express the way I feel musically than this

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Never heard of the Vaccines but I like them

Just got out of a meeting and I can't think of a better song to express the way I feel musically than this

Oooh if you feel superstoked and superbad like this badassery after your meeting then boy, then all I can say is, when you have your next meeting, can I come too? :D I will sit at the back and provide the whoops and cheers when you are giving your progress report :D

Have a lovely weekend

[yt]y01mvefwsRU[/yt]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oooh if you feel superstoked and superbad like this badassery after your meeting then boy, then all I can say is, when you have your next meeting, can I come too? :D I will sit at the back and provide the whoops and cheers when you are giving your progress report :D

Have a lovely weekend

Ozzy, cool

As to the meetings you are more than welcome to join me but it was more along the lines of pointing out glaring examples of complete and utter idiocy than giving a progress report
biggrin.gif

have a great weekend

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When my tinnitus is blaring away and I'm on the verge of a massive anxiety attack, and I want to calm down, this is the one. This video clip is awesome with it too. And the line 'You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking' gives me goosebumps.

[video=vimeo;23079092]http://vimeo.com/23079092[/video]

Certain songs on the iPod combined with the streets of Munich at night can be so cool, like this one, for the line where it all kicks in together 'The Crystal Ship is being filled a thousand girls a thousand thrills...':

Similarly, I spend a lot of time travelling around the underground early mornings and late nights, when it's mostly empty. Nothing like the Cure to creep things up a bit.

And then lastly: When I was still in England trying to decide whether to move to Germany or not, I went out walking in ice cold weather of December. It started to snow in huge swirls just as this came on, which totally helped me to make the decision:

OP
Jenna

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ooh yes you are right Gnarlie, Thom Yorke has that wonderfully haunting feel about his sound. That is a great multimedia installation thing going on. Thank you for sharing :) and I will not ask why you are identifying with that line in particular haha. I have not been to Munich ever. What is it like there? And are you there for your work or perhaps you are Army as you are from England? Can I ask where you are from in England? Then I can hear how you sound in my head better :D And Ozzy Osborne is responsible for making you leave Blighty, I hope that is a good thing and that you are enjoying being in Germany and you are not cursing his drug-addled *** for making you leave? Thank you dear Gnarlie I am grateful for your sharing and then I will share you my favourites as I am feeling today from those same artists if that is ok?

Purely for the video :) not Radiohead and but it is Thom singing as you know :)

For me, it would be this even though it is a wet song and today has been lovely here. Still, it is a great song, yes? :)

This is my Cure song frommy own um.. summer of love lol. I was between primary and secondary school :D Always reminds me of that.

[yt]w9xXCK28wDU[/yt]

Fav Sabbath is this.. well this is a cover I think is up to the mark, it is rougher than Ozzy and that is why I like it :D. I like Ministry, I like Sabbath. Which is better? Only one way to find out :D
|

Thank you again for sharing, I like these songs a lot! I am grateful to hear whatever else you got playing in your ears :)

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ooh yes you are right Gnarlie, Thom Yorke has that wonderfully haunting feel about his sound. That is a great multimedia installation thing going on. Thank you for sharing :) and I will not ask why you are identifying with that line in particular haha. I have not been to Munich ever. What is it like there?

It's like several small towns and villages bound together. It's a beautiful place, I love it very much. It feels quite safe, but can also quite sterile sometimes when one only sees the subway most of the time. The people are great though, and really nothing like their Bavarian stereotypes.

And are you there for your work or perhaps you are Army as you are from England?

I moved here for a 1 year career break, last April, to be with my Bavarian gf. I'm not going back.

Can I ask where you are from in England? Warrington, halfway between Liverpool and Manchester. It's where all the fans from Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United go when they want to fight with each other. I have a Manchester accent.

Then I can hear how you sound in my head better :D And Ozzy Osborne is responsible for making you leave Blighty, I hope that is a good thing and that you are enjoying being in Germany and you are not cursing his drug-addled *** for making you leave? Never looked back :D

Thank you dear Gnarlie I am grateful for your sharing and then I will share you my favourites as I am feeling today from those same artists if that is ok? Of course

Purely for the video :) not Radiohead and but it is Thom singing as you know :)

Fat bloody fingers are sucking your souuul awaaaaaaaay. Unfortunately blocked in Germany due to GEMA regulations, but I know the song well enough. One of my faves, along with the Badly Drawn Boy track from the same album.

For me, it would be this even though it is a wet song and today has been lovely here. Still, it is a great song, yes? :)

Umm, that's UNKLE again?

This is my Cure song frommy own um.. summer of love lol. I was between primary and secondary school :D Always reminds me of that.

[yt]w9xXCK28wDU[/yt]

Sweet song

Fav Sabbath is this.. well this is a cover I think is up to the mark, it is rougher than Ozzy and that is why I like it :D. I like Ministry, I like Sabbath. Which is better? Only one way to find out :D
|

Definitely Ozzy for me. This song is one of the reasons for my tinnitus. Standing too close to the drum kit whilst playing the guitar. I love it and hate it though, because those trills in the solo are 25% speeded up, making it almost impossible to play live.

Thank you again for sharing, I like these songs a lot! I am grateful to hear whatever else you got playing in your ears :)

The sinister UNKLE track made me think of this with Thom, from their My Iron Lung EP, the Trickster. Super sinister:

also playing in my head today:

White Zombie on Letterman, with the most motivational tkd kicking song ever

And this, the best accidentally grimacing whilst singing along on the tube song of the day

Latest Discussions