RyuShiKan - Hero or Zero?

RyuShiKan, Zero or Hero

• Hero - He is very valuable member, helps MT greatly, contributes great stuff

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Zero - He is a troll, drives people away, and contributes little real content that isn't cut-n-paste

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Somewhere in the middle - Pain in the ***, but also valuable.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Kaith - Youre an idiot.

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RyuShiKan

Yiliquan1,

See what happens when you ask questions about the art practiced by one of the Mods on this board………………you get “poled”!:rofl:

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Arni's on vacation at the moment, and Robert and Cthu just don't get along for some reason. So, I'm the guy to take the bullet here this time.

Cthulhu and I don’t get along because the last time I was suspended I asked him “why?” and his reply was “don’t ask any question just deal with it!”

He's been suspended several times, yet hasn't been banned yet. But we've booted a few for less

You have also suspended my account for far less than others have done as well.
Which has not only been my complaint but that of a few others.

He wants us to boot the frauds and trolls, yet he himself is not immune to troll-like behavior. He will of course quote Saint Phil, but I say Pot-Kettle-Black..

Oh I am sorry did you need all those frauds and trolls?
Welll let’s invite them all back and we can listen to people like Chiduce continue his ever inaccurate lectures on the use of Japanese Language, or DKI Girl can lecture us on Traditional Chinese Medicine……..something she has admitted not to having a license in…….and which I do……..but hey I am just a troll for giving my opinon that is based on fact most of the time.

Robert argues incesintly (sp) about people not answering his questions, yet he himself will mis-quote, truncate, and otherwise modify information to his make his point, all the while avoiding questions asked of him.

Nonsense.

Has Robert been helpful? Yes he has. Then again, much of what he has posted was not his own work, but cut-n-paste from other sources, that a little time on Google could certainly turn up.

Actually no. Most of what I post is my own work or based on facts which I then produce.

I've got no personal issues with him, other than his unhealthy fixation with my groin region.

Your obviously referring to my saying you have no “stones”…..OK Dr. Freud….I’ll change it since that seems to excite you so much……….I think you lack any sort of Honor.
You pander to self-proclaimed grand masters blaster sokes that have little or no training, people with obviously made up rank, ( as I have proven on several occasions) people that post things with out having any knowledge of what they are discussing (read Chiduce and his totally inaccurate use of Japanese language), people that whine about me because I have proven them wrong or simply just don’t agree with them on some issues.

Yes I did resign before and cam back at not only the request from some of my online friends but some of the people I supposedly “hunted” as well.
Gosh imagine that………..I guess I got through to some people.

Unlike you who drives extremely respected MA people like Mike Clarke away with your childish tactics.

This thread is obviously designed to justify your future banning me in some way so I will save you the trouble.

I quit............delete my account.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt,
The multiple accounts issue was resolved quite a while ago. Do you have specific examples? I am currently aware of 1 current multiple which was setup to seperate some things.

This poll was based on my curiosity. I was curious if we were reading the members here wrong. The numbers say we havent been. Robert claims to have all these supporters. Where are they?

Roberts issues with certain groups has practically run them off this board. Roberts just pissed that we don't automatically side with him in his quest for rightousness.

As to the tattling.... I have about -10- RTMs from him within a single day, all focusing on the same individual with comments like
"Trolls", "Trolls", "Trolls", where do they all come from?"
"Who is this "troll"?"
"what is this crap?"
"this is like the 3rd or 4th thread this ******* has followed me into looking for confrontation........not discussion "

I wont get into the half dozen where he complained about a sig or avatar, after, the other party disagreed with him.

As I said, this is public because RSK wanted more public 'modding'.
You can call it juvinile. I call it meeting his request. He just doesn't like it because he is the focus.

quote]And I was your second vote. I'm sure you will grieve my absence... [/quote]

Honestly, I will. You've done a lot more IMO for this board than Robert has. It may have been a more laid back attitude, it may have been a cooler head, it may have been a more open mind, or more.

But in the end, with the loss of any members, you are the one losing out.

I do not disagree here.

:asian:

Y

yilisifu

Having spent over four decades in martial arts and dealing with many different kinds of people, I'll say this about RyuShihkan...

He is honest.

He is reliable.

He has never misrepresented himself, his rank, or his system.

He calls a spade a spade, which oftentimes takes a lot of guts. Thank God for people like him who are willing to stand up into the line of fire and shout out the truth...even if it upsets some people.

On this board, a number of dubious people have posted. RyuShihkan stands ready and goes after them whenever he gets the chance. This often brings shouts of displeasure; particularly from those of questionable background...

I, for one, am very pleased to have him on this board. He has passed on very valuable information and I consider him an asset to MT.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt,
No, I havent trained with him, and after the suggestion of a good ol fashioned beating he sent me, I'm not inclined to do that either.

As to my contributions...hmm... I pay the bloody bills that keeps this place running. MT runs in a negative constantly. I don't see RSK stepping up to the plate and offering a few yen. I maintain the site. Sorry if doing that, running a business, and trying to get some time in to train regularly prevents me from personally reading 200-600 posts a day, as they are posted. Even I sleep sometimes. I'm sorry, was I supposed to also have a blackbelt/sash/whatever, and a lineage traceable back to some guy in the 1600's?

Robert,
My god, it took several months but you finally addressed the stone question. Congrats. Good boy, heres some Pokki.

Roberts not the only 'expert' out there on these things.

Theres an old saying...opinions are like *******s...everyones got em, and they all stink.

It fits, neh?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score

This poll was based on my curiosity. I was curious if we were reading the members here wrong. The numbers say we havent been. Robert claims to have all these supporters. Where are they?
Judging by what the poll says right now, the majority is for RSK sticking around. (There are three pro "keep him options" after all, not one.)

R

RyuShiKan

As to my contributions...hmm... I pay the bloody bills that keeps this place running. MT runs in a negative constantly. I don't see RSK stepping up to the plate and offering a few yen. I maintain the site. Sorry if doing that, running a business, and trying to get some time in to train regularly prevents me from personally reading 200-600 posts a day, as they are posted. Even I sleep sometimes.

More bitching about how MT is such a burden for you.........close it down if it's such a pain in the ***

C

chufeng

An example of HOW RSK helped out DAC in his quest for truth:

I'm 28 years old and have been studying TKD since i was 7 for about the first ten years of my training was with the same instructor......

This instructor told his students and parents he was a 9th degree BB certified in the kukkiwon ect..

Also that all students would be certified in the kukkiwon and other korean based organizations ect.

After being challenged by some members of this forum and in turn sharing some certificates of mine with them, I began to question his credability. After weeks of research and hard work I found out that my WTF, and other certificates were fake and that none of the TKD based oranizations that I asked never even heard of him, My parents and myself have spent alot of money and put alot of trust into this man to find out that he is a fraud and all of my training has gone unrecognized and that all the money I had spent went into his pocket rather than these organizations.

I am currently involved with a school that has a wide broad of students and instructors, one of my peers is a certified 4th degree BB with the Kukkiwon and is going to work with me on hopefully trying to straiten up this mess even though I was bamboozled by this guy at least he did teach us TKD and I have continued to train with others over the years.

Not every instructor I have trained under is a fraud my ranking in HKD is valid and I'm also an instructor in a self defence based school and that ranking is also valid.

I do want to thank this forum and some of its members for helping me open my eyes to this, not all of you did it with tact or proffesionalism but you did it and it busted a fraud for me. Call me nieve or to trusting but I never would have researched this without this forums members and there relentless (attacks) on my credentials.

and RSK was NOT alone in hammering DAC...

I'm still not sure WHY this poll is allowed to stand...it violates your own rules...

chufeng

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by yilisifu
Having spent over four decades in martial arts and dealing with many different kinds of people, I'll say this about RyuShihkan...

He is honest.
I can't disagree

He is reliable.
I cant say yes or no here.

He has never misrepresented himself, his rank, or his system.
As far as I've seen, you are correct sir.

He calls a spade a spade, which oftentimes takes a lot of guts. Thank God for people like him who are willing to stand up into the line of fire and shout out the truth...even if it upsets some people.

On this board, a number of dubious people have posted. RyuShihkan stands ready and goes after them whenever he gets the chance. This often brings shouts of displeasure; particularly from those of questionable background....

Again true, though I disagree to an extent. He is not an expert on all arts. When outside his areas, he is not foolproof.

I, for one, am very pleased to have him on this board. He has passed on very valuable information and I consider him an asset to MT.

To be honest, I do too. It the way he does things that is at the core of the arguement. There are systems in place to answer most of his concerns. He chooses to be blunt. That is the problem. Again, he is a guest here. I would not presume to come into your or his schools and correct anything or anyone. He does not return the same courtacy here.

PS - Please check your PMs.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marginal
Judging by what the poll says right now, the majority is for RSK sticking around. (There are three pro "keep him options" after all, not one.)

Huh?
Hero - He is very valuable member, helps MT greatly, contributes great stuff 9 21.43%
Zero - He is a troll, drives people away, and contributes little real content that isn't cut-n-paste stuff. 18 42.86%
Somewhere in the middle - Pain in the ***, but also valuable. 12 28.57%
Kaith - Youre an idiot. 3 7.14%

I see 9 pro, 18 con, and 12 middle.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
More bitching about how MT is such a burden for you.........close it down if it's such a pain in the ***

Robert,
Who pays for your training area? Who provides the tools? You, or someone else?

I remember you saying your classes are free.

Not all websites can fit on the freebie servers. This one requires almost a box of its own. That costs $$. Its not a burden, its mostly a pleasure. Its ungrateful people like you who make it a burden.

R

RyuShiKan

Hubbard,

In case you were too busy whining about the finacial troubles you have for keeping your “hobby” afloat here it is again from about 7 or 8 posts back

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
An example of HOW RSK helped out DAC in his quest for truth:

...snip...

and RSK was NOT alone in hammering DAC...

I'm still not sure WHY this poll is allowed to stand...it violates your own rules...

chufeng

I don't understand how it does. Please clarify for me, and if so, I will toss the whole thread, or wipe the poll.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Hubbard,

In case you were too busy whining about the finacial troubles you have for keeping your “hobby” afloat here it is again from about 7 or 8 posts back

Done.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Huh?

I see 9 pro, 18 con, and 12 middle.

There are 3 you could call "pro" uncounted as well. (Perhaps you considered those joke throwaways?) The middle option doesn't say or in any way imply, "boot him" so I have a hard time buying the assertion that those votes were against him continuing to post.

Doesn't really matter to me how you conduct a drumhead, but the whole "OOh! You're all alone!" commentary just doesn't jibe with the numbers you're getting IMO.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is a long thread, and I haven't had the time to read it all.

I'll just give my humble opinion.

It would seem that RSK has a lot to offer in terms of knowledge.

I think that he lacks "tact" when he "fraud busts" however. There are ways to put someone in there place while staying within the rules. There is no reason to fly off the handle badly enough to get banned or suspended.

That is what gets me. All he would have to do is relax, and ask the right questions, and let the frauds dig themselves into the hole. Then he could state what he knows in a humble manner, and the "frauds" would be effectively exposed. This is far more effective then hammering.

Personally, his mannerism doesn't even bother me; not much does, really. I don't even study Karate, or Japanese arts, so I don't really care. I just think that if he took a different approach, he would be far more successful at accomplishing whatever he is trying to accomplish.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions