RyuShiKan - Hero or Zero?

RyuShiKan, Zero or Hero

• Hero - He is very valuable member, helps MT greatly, contributes great stuff

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Zero - He is a troll, drives people away, and contributes little real content that isn't cut-n-paste

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Somewhere in the middle - Pain in the ***, but also valuable.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Kaith - Youre an idiot.

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Based on several recent issues, I've decided to break with SOP here, and ask the members their opinions.

The results of this will not effect policy, or the like, but is simple being done outta curiosity.

RyuShiKan, a karate instructor in Japn feels he has the right to 'bust' fraud and do and say whatever he feels necessary, whereever he feels it neccessary to do so.

Some find his methods and zelotry to be a bit much. To others, he is a voice of reason and sanity.

I'm personally curious. Whats your opinion?

I'm specifically asking this as myself, -not- in any official manner whatso ever.

So, cast your vote. Is he a zero, or a hero? Is it a little of both, or, am I just an idiot?

Poll runs for 72 hours.
:asian:

R

RCastillo

Not very friendly, is a zealot, and he'd certainly drive me away.:(

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
RyuShiKan, a karate instructor in Japn feels he has the right to 'bust' fraud and do and say whatever he feels necessary, whereever he feels it neccessary to do so.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Hubbard……….I am glad your Admin powers can reach into not only my thoughts but my motives.:rolleyes:

Of course this poll doesn't have a thing to do with me asking one of your Moderators about certain "questionable" aspects of his style..........nah couldn't possibly be connected in any way shape or form.

Have I ever posted something that was untrue on this board? No
Ever lied about my training or rank? No
Ever made some outrageous claim? No

Have I proven others have done the above……….most assuredly YES.

Do I enjoy it? Not at all.

The reason why I have brought certain things to light about peoples claims and so on is I refuse to sit by while someone makes outright nonsensical statements/claims/uses Japanese improperly etc.....

How about we crank up another little poll………we could ask members what they think of your character/honor concerning 2 certain emails you sent me giving your “word”not once but twice that if a certain troll/member was found to have double accounts he would be banned from this forum…..when said troll/member was found to have 2 accounts you quickly reneged on your “word”. You lost not only my respect for you but showed you have no Honor

Oddly enough I was the one that found out he had two accounts and proved it to you……. And I still see his account is active because he “lurks” here from time to time.

C

chufeng

He comes across as a bad boy only because the "rules" allow for frauds to carry as much weight, or more, when posting...

He has been suspended for pointing out TRUTH, while the fraud was allowed to stay on the boards for an additional week...

I am tired of sparring with the frauds, so I ignore them...but I hold no grudge against RSK because of his tenacity.

If I chose to leave this website, it would be because of the garbage that is allowed to go unchallenged...it would not be because someone who has a great deal of experience can smell "bad fish" and has the balls to say so...

chufeng

M

MartialArtist

RSK is simple, direct, and straightforward

I would much rather have him than even one of the frauds running around. It seems as though we all have to welcome the frauds and pretend as if everything is okay.

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Personally, I've got no problem with him. RyuShiKan may be a bit abrasive at times, but I've never seen him successfully contradicted on matters of fact. As a general rule, I value the acquisition of knowledge over polite discourse (good thing, too- I've learned a lot over the years from "salty" people). And when RyuShiKan posts his opinion, I figure he has as much right to it as I have to mine. Anyone who feels flamed has a right to respond.

While I might not think of him as a person to have over for a pleasant chat, if I have a question about Japanese martial arts or related topics, RyuShiKan is the first person who comes to mind.

Just my opinion.

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was curious.

It has nothing to do with harrasing a 'mod', but a member. Our mods are also members, and as such are due the same courtacies.

My opinion is, he doesn't matter either way.

He has driven away a large number of people due to his vendettas.

I'm not aware of a single person who has come here specifically because of him. (Our referer system indicates 0 for him)

Of all of our current members, he is the most 'labor intensive'.

We get a report from him on almost -every- thread where someone disagrees with him, usually refering to the other person as a troll.

His manners as a guest here leave alot to be desired.

Now, on the plus side, thanks to him:
I've almost memorized Sharp Phils troll guide.
I've found several good references to learning Japanese
I've found my stones have an admirer, though he still hasn't paid for the autographed picture of them.

When the time comes to boot him, I expect a few folks to quit in a huff. That is their choice. My goal is the long term stability of this site. That can not be achieved while Torquemada here leads an Inquisition on everyone and anyone who he feels like. We worked with him and a few others on putting in place a system for fraud busting, but he cant even follow that system.
He can always go to the fraudbuster boards and go gangbusters. I've seen a few of our former members over there, 'platnium angel', 'carbon' for example. He can join them, complain how we are so stupid, and bust til he's giggly.

And, who knows. Roberts departure from E-budo doesn't appear to have hurt them at all. Purhaps, by removing the inquisition, other karateka will step up and post more, unafraid of any mis-que leading to a 20 thread, 300 post high-speed chase by the Grand Inquisitor.

:rolleyes:

R

RyuShiKan

I was curious.

It has nothing to do with harrasing a 'mod', but a member. Our mods are also members, and as such are due the same courtacies.

I'm not aware of a single person who has come here specifically because of him. (Our referer system indicates 0 for him)

We get a report from him on almost -every- thread where someone disagrees with him, usually refering to the other person as a troll.

I've found my stones have an admirer, though he still hasn't paid for the autographed picture of them.

When the time comes to boot him, I expect a few folks to quit in a huff. That is their choice. My goal is the long term stability of this site. That can not be achieved while Torquemada here leads an Inquisition on everyone and anyone who he feels like. We worked with him and a few others on putting in place a system for fraud busting, but he cant even follow that system.
He can always go to the fraudbuster boards and go gangbusters. I've seen a few of our former members over there, 'platnium angel', 'carbon' for example. He can join them, complain how we are so stupid, and bust til he's giggly.

And, who knows. Roberts departure from E-budo doesn't appear to have hurt them at all. Purhaps, by removing the inquisition, other karateka will step up and post more, unafraid of any mis-que leading to a 20 thread, 300 post high-speed chase by the Grand Inquisitor.

For someone who is just "curious" you seem to be trying your darndest to swing the vote in the negative with all your snide comments about me.
Is that your idea of "impartial"?

M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
For someone who is just "curious" you seem to be trying your darndest to swing the vote in the negative with all your snide comments about me.
Is that your idea of "impartial"?

I do not really see Kaiths comments as trying to swing the votes but more as another side to the story. If he is trying to swing the votes by adding his views, then surely all those who have said nice things about you are trying to swing the votes as well? TO ME thats the only way your theory would make sense.

Personally, I do not really care much for how you deal with things, and the manner in which you do it. I do however like you as a person, although we have never really spoken I can at least tell your honest and straightforward...that doesnt however, mean you can be rude and pester people just to find out a bit of information. Sure you havnt been wrong yet (THAT I know of) but whats to say you wont be in the future. In a friendly place like this your methods do not excactly fit in and thats probably why I dislike them. IN MY OPINION and TO ME you leaving would not have much of impact, to others, it might. But I really think its all about playing by the rules and being nice about it all.

But heck what do I know...

Goes back into hiding

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did I say I was impartial here?

This is -my- opinion Robert. I'm allowed to have one, I just voice it infrequently.

I have both said "boot the SOB" and "No, he's got some good stuff to contribute".

This is my opinion, not official MT policy.

For the slow reader out there, again,

Robert, this is my opinion which I am allowed to have.

Did ya get that?

*Have a nice day*.
:D

Other folks can voice their opinions or vote or PM. Some folks may prefer to do neither, and some may prefer to keep anonymous given recent claims of obsene harrasing emails from you. Me, I just dump em into /dev/null.

J

Jill666

My vote (probably predictably so) was the pain in ***/but valuable option.

I'm not a patient woman, and digging through lots of verbiage isn't my idea of a good time- also I find I get stuck reading threads that often amount to pissing contests since often there is good info buried in the aforementioned verbiage.

There are many here who are pleasant and friendly but haven't contributed too much in the way of info- well that's ok I fit in that category I suppose. There are many here who are unpleasant and contribute nothing. You can find them on my ignore list, along with a couple of BS artists.

I come here primarily for info and different points of view- and often I'll find just that. I don't know if I would like Robert in person, and don't care. But I do know I'll read what he (and some others) posts.

My 2 cents, since you asked. :D

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Master of Blades
I do not really see Kaiths comments as trying to swing the votes but more as another side to the story. If he is trying to swing the votes by adding his views, then surely all those who have said nice things about you are trying to swing the votes as well? TO ME thats the only way your theory would make sense.

Personally, I do not really care much for how you deal with things, and the manner in which you do it. I do however like you as a person, although we have never really spoken I can at least tell your honest and straightforward...that doesnt however, mean you can be rude and pester people just to find out a bit of information. Sure you havnt been wrong yet (THAT I know of) but whats to say you wont be in the future. In a friendly place like this your methods do not excactly fit in and thats probably why I dislike them. IN MY OPINION and TO ME you leaving would not have much of impact, to others, it might. But I really think its all about playing by the rules and being nice about it all.

But heck what do I know...

Goes back into hiding

Wait, come back!!!:wah:

D

Disco

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. This forum is a venue to voice said opinions. At least that is my understanding. There is however limits on the extent, or there should be, on how far and intense something should be allowed to continue.

Now for MY personal opinion. First for Mr. R. I guess I read things differently than other people. There were many posts that I felt were contradictional in nature, along with other aspects of conduct. Again, MY opinion. Your viewpoints are just that, your viewpoints. Somehow you've been elevated to high priest status, not of your own doing I concur, but none the less profiled as such.
You seem to relish this lofted position (understandable), and do the utmost to sustain the position. We, the general forum are at fault for this, my self included. Many of us sat back and did not voice any position, pro or con, to the major discourse that was unfolding. We can't change what has happened and we can't change the tigers stripes. We either accept things the way they are or just avoid the tiger all together.

Now for Mr. H. It's your house and your rules. If someone runs afoul of said rules, they deal with the punishment. With that said, someone who has been subjected to periods of being banned, has requested termination of account and is still here, I find that confusing. MY opinion, either accept or reject. Don't sit on the fence. I'm assuming this thread was established to offer some validation for a position your perplexed with. Forget us, go with your own feelings on the matter.

AGAIN, my personal opinion. I hold no animosity to either party.

R

RCastillo

This is some heavy stuff here, as Cheech, and Chong would say. Some days , it just don't pay to get outta bed, and be the Emperor! The subjects are restless, Lord Sidious, take a vacation, and let the other Mods take the flack for a bit?:wavey:

B

brianhunter

Originally posted by RyuShiKan
Thanks for clarifying that for me Hubbard……….I am glad your Admin powers can reach into not only my thoughts but my motives.:rolleyes:

Of course this poll doesn't have a thing to do with me asking one of your Moderators about certain "questionable" aspects of his style..........nah couldn't possibly be connected in any way shape or form.

Have I ever posted something that was untrue on this board? No
Ever lied about my training or rank? No
Ever made some outrageous claim? No

Have I proven others have done the above……….most assuredly YES.

Do I enjoy it? Not at all.

The reason why I have brought certain things to light about peoples claims and so on is I refuse to sit by while someone makes outright nonsensical statements/claims/uses Japanese improperly etc.....

How about we crank up another little poll………we could ask members what they think of your character/honor concerning 2 certain emails you sent me giving your “word”not once but twice that if a certain troll/member was found to have double accounts he would be banned from this forum…..when said troll/member was found to have 2 accounts you quickly reneged on your “word”. You lost not only my respect for you but showed you have no Honor

Oddly enough I was the one that found out he had two accounts and proved it to you……. And I still see his account is active because he “lurks” here from time to time.

Theres the witch!!! Burn him!!! No theres the witch! burn her!!! the "fraud busting" reminds me of a witch hunt from time to time and gets a little old, my experience is the one who screams the loudest about being the only one telling the truth usually isnt or they have deeper issues envolved! Ive seldom spoke up on the issue and Im not in japanese arts so Im sure I'll have something else wrong with me for posting this Ill be interested to see what it is :shrug:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
This is some heavy stuff here, as Cheech, and Chong would say. Some days , it just don't pay to get outta bed, and be the Emperor! The subjects are restless, Lord Sidious, take a vacation, and let the other Mods take the flack for a bit?:wavey:

Arni's on vacation at the moment, and Robert and Cthu just don't get along for some reason. So, I'm the guy to take the bullet here this time. Plus, 3 of my last 5 attempted vacations were disrupted due to issues involving Robert. (The other 2 involved MoroMoro, who has also now been banned.)

Robert bitched about things being done in secret, so, I took this bit public.

Robert bitched about dual standards, and how he cant get a break around here, yet, we've given him a ton.

He's asked to be deleted twice, then asked to come back. We let him.

He's been suspended several times, yet hasn't been banned yet. But we've booted a few for less. Then again, they also don't have 1800+ posts either. I wonder how many of those are serious content, and how many many would only be Inquisitor business?

He wants us to boot the frauds and trolls, yet he himself is not immune to troll-like behavior. He will of course quote Saint Phil, but I say Pot-Kettle-Black..

He will argue on how much leeway is given to certain of my friends.
Yet 'Ace" has also been suspended in the past. 'Gou' also was suspended, and later banned. (Gou who directed far more people here than Robert by most accounts, and who helped lay the foundation. Remember, I like Gou.)

Robert might argue that I'm 'protecting a friend/staff/client'. nah. If I though someone was wrong, I'd boot em, regardless. Refund em the cash if need be.

Robert argues incesintly (sp) about people not answering his questions, yet he himself will mis-quote, truncate, and otherwise modify information to his make his point, all the while avoiding questions asked of him.

Has Robert been helpful? Yes he has. Then again, much of what he has posted was not his own work, but cut-n-paste from other sources, that a little time on Google could certainly turn up.

Some consider Robert to be an expert in the Karate world, yet under his constant pounding, the karate forum here is suffering. Many people have stopped in, and left out of concern that they will somehow fall short. Purhaps if his Inquisition wasn't here, the Karate forum would be as active at the Kenpo area? I don't know.

This forum is a business at the core. There are over 10000 other forums out there, many dedicated to the things Robert screams about so much...yet, I dont see him there. He quit E-Budo in a huff, doesn't post much on Budoseek....where else is he welcome?

I've got no personal issues with him, other than his unhealthy fixation with my groin region. (Therapy sir...or else pay for your autographed picture of my stones. Your invoice is past due and UPS says you signed for it) :)

I think its very telling that more folks say 'boot' him, than 'keep' him. Its also v.telling that only 1 person says I'm an idiot here. I really had expected a few more in -that- column. :)

Roberts welcome to stay, but the Inquisition is not. If they can't be seperated, then I guess both may have to find a new home.

-Bob

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I think its very telling that more folks say 'boot' him, than 'keep' him. Its also v.telling that only 1 person says I'm an idiot here. I really had expected a few more in -that- column. :)
-Bob

Well, I wanted to call you an idiot, boss, but the poll wouldn't let me make two selections. ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cthulhu

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its multiple choice!!!!

sheesh....

HEY! I got another vote! COOL! :rofl:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Robert has helped some individuals at times and has posted some good information .Could some or most of this information been found with a good internet source and search maybe.

Some of what he has posted was from his personal viewpoint as someone living in Japan. The key words here are “his personal view point”.

The other side of the coin is that he is not friendly in the way he pursues anyone or thing that is not to his liking. He acts much like a stalker in search of his victim. I believe in the past someone reported to the mods the same feeling before leaving the forum because she was fed up with his constant comments about the arts she studied, and some of the people in her organization.(No name will be mentioned here)

Because this has been brought into the public view:

More post, complaints, and time have been spent on OR ABOUT Robert that anyone else, including Gou.

It has been my view that Robert has not been a positive influence on the forum in general for some time. I have been on his side a couple of times when banning was suggested and for banning him more times than I care to count.

I think there would be less headaches and more friendly discussions if he where gone. I have said in the past keep him, for he has knowledge that is useful, but I feel he is a bigger pain in the *** than we need and causes much to much conflict.

I wish I had a count of all the people who have complained about him and another list of those who have refused to post ,put him on the ignore list, or quite the forum because of him. I think those numbers by themselves shout GET HIM OUT OF HERE

M

MartialArtist

I was curious.

Define stability.

Does stability mean that nobody challenges the armchair warrior sokes and super master sifu 10th dans?

RyuShiKan DOES NOT go out looking for frauds to bust. Rather, they come to him by first claiming something, then RSK gets over them. RSK doesn't go hunting for frauds. They just fall right into his hands.

As for someone reporting him... Could it be a select few that report him every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions