World's deadliest Black Belts

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have nothing against Tae Kwon Do, I have NOTHING against Tae Kwon Do, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TAE KWON DO, but why is it that these diaper-dans all seem to come from TKD schools?

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There is something fundamentally wrong with a three-year-old 1st Dan and a five-year-old 2nd Dan.

Cthulhu

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by Cthulhu
There is something fundamentally wrong with a three-year-old 1st Dan and a five-year-old 2nd Dan.

Cthulhu

Ya think?

Jesus f'n Christ.

:cuss:

OP
C

chufeng

They should make soke by the time they're 12 years old...

:rolleyes:

OP
T

tonbo

Deadly. Yup. I know *I'm* scared. Don't wanna meet any of *them* in a dark alley when they're ticked off. :rolleyes:

Why isn't there a smilie of someone smacking their forehead? That's what this story made me feel like doing.....smacking my forehead against my desk, repeatedly asking, "Why? Why? Why?"

And people wonder how their martial arts get a bad name......(a THREE YEAR OLD 1st Dan?).

Peace--

OP
E

Elfan

Come on guys its just like DBZ. Once these kids are 7 they will be able to bleach their hair at will and then we will really have to watch out!

OP
W

Withered Soul

Originally posted by Elfan
Come on guys its just like DBZ. Once these kids are 7 they will be able to bleach their hair at will and then we will really have to watch out!

Could they fly? I'd be scared if they could fly!:eek:
I hate it when they have 9 year old black belts but 3? They can't have been training for more than a year or two.
:soapbox:

OP
M

MountainSage

Being a practitioner of TKD, I am very aware of the problem with children being promoted to ranks there is no way they can perform quality technique or have any clue to the mental side of MAs. I believe most MAs know the problem with TKD, yet I'm still looking for a solution to the problem. There are individuals who have been fighting this problem for years and usually they just give up and quit. I know many MA in TKD that wish to fix the problem, but it will be many years before that generation become master and grandmasters. I believe most good and quality master just work around the crap and try to put out quality BB, inspite of a bad systems.

Mountain Sage

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Anybody who promotes a young MA student to BLACK that early is of course bogus.

In order to reach poom black, IMO, you should be at least be a teen that has been training since they were dropping yellow mud. But, then again, IMHO this is just my take... :eek:

:ultracool

OP
S

spook mma

Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh
I have nothing against Tae Kwon Do, I have NOTHING against Tae Kwon Do, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TAE KWON DO, but why is it that these diaper-dans all seem to come from TKD schools?

agreed. why does TKD seem to be inundated with so many bogus schools???

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Randy Strausbaugh

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh
:rolleyes: Don't you know? TKD training principles are SO EFFECTIVE these days that you can make a trained zen killer in a year training twice a week.

See, I trained multiple hours 6 days a week. Korean jumping jacks in Korean weather (cold during winter), run with a sled up a mountain in the snow, and that was before they even started "real" training. Now, you don't have to go through all that sweat or blood. It's all there in a neat package you can get for $500.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Elfan
They'll be deadly weapons before they even know how to wipe themselves! Amazing!

:soapbox:

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by MountainSage
Being a practitioner of TKD, I am very aware of the problem with children being promoted to ranks there is no way they can perform quality technique or have any clue to the mental side of MAs. I believe most MAs know the problem with TKD, yet I'm still looking for a solution to the problem. There are individuals who have been fighting this problem for years and usually they just give up and quit. I know many MA in TKD that wish to fix the problem, but it will be many years before that generation become master and grandmasters. I believe most good and quality master just work around the crap and try to put out quality BB, inspite of a bad systems.

Mountain Sage
Well, TKD is the most popular art in the world right now, not to mention one of the fastest growing.

Get back to the traditional ways of training and that will cut the numbers by 1/100th to my estimations. I've seen very few good schools these days, it's not even funny. But then, it won't be profitable, and it won't be popular.

The thing with bad testing systems is that they are done by individual school managers/owners. The head organizations such as the WTF just set basic standards that everyone has to abide by, but aren't that strict. Of the standards that they give, many people just go around them not giving a care in hell. However, the head organizations catch on once people reach 4th and 5th dan, because requirements for those dans are enforced. That's why you see so many 1-3 dans, but not many that are in 4th dans from the standard organizations such as the ITF or the WTF, even in McDojangs. The McDojang 6th dans and the like usually come from different organizations such as Smithy-Do or known commercial organizations such as the ATA.

Don't worry, most of these 1st dan kids won't make it past 3rd dan for a VERY LONG TIME. And since they moved without a good foundation in the basics (IMO, 5 years is enough for just getting a good grasp of the basics while decades are necessary to understand most of their application purposes) and will have trouble moving on. Of course the basics are practiced no matter what rank, but it's just that it'll be a bit strange to see a green belt who is much more proficient in technique (good form, good speed, good application) than a 3rd dan.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by dearnis.com
has anyone considered demoting the clowns who sign off on this nonsense.
Problem with that is, who will demote them? They don't belong to the WTF or the ITF, but the Maharashtra Taekwondo Association. The Maharashtra Taekwondo Association can demote them but the organization probably hasn't been around long enough to set foot or hasn't given enough effort to care.

Check out their rates:

http://www.tfiindia.com/circularupload/circulars.asp

I doubt it's the currency transfer

OP
A

A.R.K.

I feel most sorry for the children themselves. What this basically amounts to is lying to children. And it could color there entire perception of what the MA's really are, or at least strives to be.

I agree with many above that a teen [16-18] should be the minimum age for a 1st Dan or equivelent.

:asian:

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redeme:

OP
D

Disco

This was a home grown organization. There are sooooo many out there it's stupid and there not limited to just TKD. I can only speak for WTF standards, but I would assume that all the other major/legit federations/associations have like standards.

You cannot receive a Black Belt from the Kukkiwon until the age of 16. The kids receive a JR. Black Belt and it is stated as such. Once they reach 16, a formal request most be rendered to upgrade the certification status.

There is no way that this problem is ever going to go away. Human greed just won't permit it. Those that wish to be true to their art will just have to endure and rise above.
:asian: