Reason for all the high kicks and ariel techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ITF rule stipulations are defined as light contact. There are few ITF tournaments in eastern europe having full contact, that have absolutely no bearing on anything else.

As I said, talk to us after you compete. Things have a habit of escalating, especially up around national level.

You're really showing how little you know now.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are right in the sense that my eventual black belt will have no significance. I know already it doesn't take any skill in my school to get it, besides a pulse. I happen to like TKD, and don't seek to get my head smashed in with boxers and kickboxers, nor do I like Karate training.

Honestly, the question of rank standards isn't really an important issue, from my perspective. What I do care about is learning. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't care much whether the instructor promoted everybody with a pulse or only a select few. What I would care about is whether he did an effective job of teaching the material. If it's true that the majority of students who have been there for years have a very poor grasp of the fundamentals, then that's not good regardless of what color belt they wear. It would mean that the instructor is not teaching effectively. If the instructor is not teaching effectively, then you will probably not learn much of value, no matter your rank.

TKD is light contact. Barely any contact.

That may be true of some TKD schools, but I have a feeling you're about to hear from a bunch of experienced TKD practitioners who have done plenty of hard-contact training.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said, talk to us after you compete. Things have a habit of escalating, especially up around national level.

You're really showing how little you know now.

Do they have children's comps in TKD? :D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions