Reality check... would the world implode if you couldnt get Kukkiwon certification?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I would hazard to say that in my opinion this is a conclusion drawn from experience which doesn't raise above the level of anecdotal evidence given the size of the KKW membership.

Of course it is, Glenn. I was drawing a comparison. I'm surprised one of your towering SAT scores didn't immediately recognize that fact.

Pax,

Chris

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
We all would be calling it Taesoodo if General Choi hadn't forced the KTA to change the name.

Well, you guys sure would.

As for what General Choi envisioned, I don't think too many are going along with that, not even you. Are you part of NK ITF for example? Isn't that what General Choi envisioned, that the ITF be led by Mr. Chang Ung? Besides, General Choi doesn't get to decide what is or isn't Taekwondo and he never did. He gave up that right when he forced the KTA to change the name of the art from Taesoodo to Taekwondo. At that point, he lost control of his precious and gave it up to the KTA.

Why be so obtuse? It's quite obvious I was refering to technical aspect of Taekwon-Do and not Gen. Choi's political manuvering? Oh, that's right, you're taking a shot at someone who's dead while ignoring the point of my post :)

I just find it funny that you were suggesting that non-KKW people think about a name change after you were going on in a different thread about how we're all Taekwon-Do. Maybe you just think some of us are more equal than others :lol:

Pax,

Chris

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Guys, you have a nice back and forth of sniping eachother over in that brief history of General Choi thread. A number of us would appreciate it if you could confine it there. I could care less about anybody's SAT scores.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guys, you have a nice back and forth of sniping eachother over in that brief history of General Choi thread. A number of us would appreciate it if you could confine it there. I could care less about anybody's SAT scores.

Me too. That's why I was curious as to why Glenn brought up how high he scored in a test we all took in high school even though he's an adult now... But if it's important to him I figure it's important enough to bring up.

Pax,

Chris

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just find it funny that you were suggesting that non-KKW people think about a name change after you were going on in a different thread about how we're all Taekwon-Do. Maybe you just think some of us are more equal than others :lol:

If you followed the entire discussion, then you might see the point I was making. But that's ok. By the way, are you going to tell us about your experiences as a high dan with no school and no students? There is a topic on that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the TKD place? I thought it was the kindergarten.
The sarcasm is because you are going to get a mods warning and the thread locked unless the sniping and personal remarks change into dialogue that doesn't make us ashamed of being adult martial artists and instructors to boot. Just a pre mods warning.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you followed the entire discussion, then you might see the point I was making. But that's ok. By the way, are you going to tell us about your experiences as a high dan with no school and no students? There is a topic on that.

I have followed the whole discussion on the subject, which is why I mentioned the KKW renaming their style Taesoodo.

As for being a high rank with no school, no I no longer teach at my own school but I don't consider V dan a particularly high rank. Or were you just trying to belittle me again? Is that OK since you're so senior? :)

Pax,

Chris

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is the TKD place? I thought it was the kindergarten.
The sarcasm is because you are going to get a mods warning and the thread locked unless the sniping and personal remarks change into dialogue that doesn't make us ashamed of being adult martial artists and instructors to boot. Just a pre mods warning.

Tez, Glenn has already informed us that Bob enjoys the "passion" (I believe that was the term he used) of his posts and that the Taekwon-Do section is very different since his arrival. I can only speak to the veracity of one of those claims, however.

Pax,

Chris

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

I don't take it seriously, and I don't think you should either. If anything, it gives great insight on how it must have been for the pioneers dealing with General Choi. Think about it.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't take it seriously, and I don't think you should either. If anything, it gives great insight on how it must have been for the pioneers dealing with General Choi. Think about it.

Tez, Glenn has already informed us that Bob enjoys the "passion" (I believe that was the term he used) of his posts and that the Taekwon-Do section is very different since his arrival. I can only speak to the veracity of one of those claims, however.

Pax,

Chris
Given that a mod warning was issued last night on the Brief history of Gen Choi thread regarding the two of you sniping at eachother, you would do well not to blow off Irene's comment.

Yes, Glenn's passion for taekwondo is certainly without question, as is your own in my opinion. And I do feel that Glenn's presence is a positive for the TKD section, as I feel about your presence.

The back and forth between the two of you, however, is just immature, bordering on middle school, behavior, behavior that neither of you exhibit in your responses to others. You would both do well to dial it back. Or if its a personal thing, as it appears to be, take it to PM and snipe away.

Daniel

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would have to admit that at this point I'd be quite upset if I couldn't get a KKW certification. There are a number of reasons for this that I won't bore you with.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You know I have ask this question to about thirty other instructors and they have all agreed that there KKW certification means alot to them and they would feel naked without it. I guess it does have alot of sentiment value to alot of folks and that is a great thing for the KKW.

Latest Discussions