Question for Rick Tew Part Du

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Since I got no answer on the original Question for Rick Tew thread I took ENOSN's suggestion and emailed Rick tew.
I am still waiting for a replyÂ…Â…
No “testosterone” just a few simple questions that any martial artist should be willing and able to answer about themselves.

1- How old is he?

2- What arts did he study?
2A - How long did he study each art?
2B - What ranks did he reach in those arts?
2C - Who did he study under or with?

3- How old was he when he founded his RTMS?

4- What is the difference between Rick Tew's Martial Science and Tew Ryu Ninjitsu?

I will post the answers if and when I get them...........

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
okay responses part 2: you can find this under my orignal answers in the last thread that was locked.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=306219&postcount=4

if you are considering rtms these are great questions... i will be happy to assist you further... go ahead and pm me if you have any additional questions.

peace

Enson,

I will watch this, as will Sheldon and others.

Yet, I see RR's desire to get answers, even after your post. You gave generalities, and no dates or years of training. Some people need to see numbers, to get a grasp of what they think about, others need generalities, and others, need to feel it, numerous time in person before they can learn.

:asian:

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Enson,

I will watch this, as will Sheldon and others.

Yet, I see RR's desire to get answers, even after your post. You gave generalities, and no dates or years of training. Some people need to see numbers, to get a grasp of what they think about, others need generalities, and others, need to feel it, numerous time in person before they can learn.

i answered the questions the best i could. i'm sorry if additional info is needed that i can't provide. again i'm just a lowley practicioner.

peace

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Enson said:
i answered the questions the best i could. i'm sorry if additional info is needed that i can't provide. again i'm just a lowley practicioner.

peace

Enson,

It is good to answer what you know. Just do not take it personally, if others wish to verify with the top man or to get more information.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Enson,

It is good to answer what you know. Just do not take it personally, if others wish to verify with the top man or to get more information.

i'm all for people looking into it further. i won't take it personally. i encourage everyone to research their questions beyond this forum.

peace

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Day 4

Still no reply from Rick Tew yet........

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
found this on a old site i posted on:

rick tew's martial science or rtms is the name of the school/style. it is a combination of ninjutsu, tkd, kickboxing, and other arts. not subjecting itself under the rules of these arts (i.e. using a "ninja punch" or "tkd kick"), it sets itself apart by not having any rules and using what works to survive another day.

because of the overall ninjutsu influence and application of ninjutsu concepts it is also called (historically/presently) tew ryu ninjutsu or tew ryu ninjitsu (for those that don't care about kanji or benji or any transliteration;)). rtms does not claim to teach ninjutsu as it is taught in japan, but teach an american modern version of it. for that reason we do not affiliate with any japanese ryu, but only stick with our ryu started by sensei.

peace

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Enson said:
rick tew's martial science or rtms is the name of the school/style. it is a combination of ninjutsu, tkd, kickboxing, and other arts.

OK, that answers part of the question about what but it doesn't say from whom or how long he trained in each.

Not to sound rude but by your post it seems he just took a bunch of stuff and made his own style and calls it Rick Tews version of Ninja.......it just seems that kickboxing has about as much to do with Ninjutsu as female nude mud wrestling.
So I quess anybody could do what Rick Tew did and call hit XXXXXX ninja style.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
Not to sound rude but by your post it seems he just took a bunch of stuff and made his own style and calls it Rick Tews version of Ninja
well that is a crude way of putting it but more or less correct.
Ninjutsu as female nude mud wrestling.
now that is something i would like to see in our school! i think that is something that should be impelemented immediatly
So I quess anybody could do what Rick Tew did and call hit XXXXXX ninja style
the truth is anyone can do whatever they want to do... that depends on the founder... no one can stop someone else from using a title unless its copywritten. now we at rtms believe that what we do is our form of ninjutsu... we use it as a concept to grow and add additional techniques. what was learned from bussey is expounded upon to further develope rtms. we call it american modern ninjutsu. now if some have a problem with this... they can choose not to agree, not join the school... whatever... but insults and the likes are just plain silly. its like talking about someones choice of clothing or religion. its not up to you so just respect the person for his choice and move on.

as far as dates and the likes... i personally don't know... i read that he was running a couple of schools by the age of 19... but i have never taken the time to ask days, months, years, etc. to me that stuff really doesn't matter... i just recently learned sensei had children. to me i'm there for the training and not to get involved in his personal life. that is why if anyone has questions about sensei's b-day, when he got his first belt... etc... they should take the time to ask him personally...

peace
*note* his emails rarely get replied to unless you are a student.... but you can try.

L

Limeydog

female nude mud wrestling...is that part of kunoichi training?

More research needed...willing to sacrifice myself to further the group.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Enson said:
we call it american modern ninjutsu. now if some have a problem with this... they can choose not to agree, not join the school... whatever... but insults and the likes are just plain silly. its like talking about someones choice of clothing or religion. its not up to you so just respect the person for his choice and move on.

I havenÂ’t seen anyone make any insultsÂ…Â…..yet.
Actually itÂ’s not like religion or clothing.
If someone wears unattractive clothing it makes no difference when they are in a self-defense situation. Studying a poorly designed martial art would.
And as for religionÂ….well you wonÂ’t know for sure if you made the right choice until after you are dead.

Enson said:
as far as dates and the likes... i personally don't know... i read that he was running a couple of schools by the age of 19... but i have never taken the time to ask days, months, years, etc. to me that stuff really doesn't matter... i just recently learned sensei had children. to me i'm there for the training and not to get involved in his personal life. that is why if anyone has questions about sensei's b-day, when he got his first belt... etc... they should take the time to ask him personally...peace
*note* his emails rarely get replied to unless you are a student.... but you can try.

I didnÂ’t ask for dates.
I asked some simple questions that most students of any art can answer about their teacher.

1- How old is he?.....approximately is fine.

2A - How long did he study each art?....... approximately is fine.

3- How old was he when he founded his RTMS?......... approximately is fine.

4- What is the difference between Rick Tew's Martial Science and Tew Ryu Ninjitsu?
(being a student of his this one should be easy for you)

Enson said:

InterestingÂ….

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I didnÂ’t ask for dates.
I asked some simple questions that most students of any art can answer about their teacher.

1- How old is he?.....approximately is fine.

2A - How long did he study each art?....... approximately is fine.

3- How old was he when he founded his RTMS?......... approximately is fine.

(being a student of his this one should be easy for you).
1. ?? in his late 30's early 40's

2. sensei studied a few arts. the most well known arts he studied were as follows:
growing up he studied "the controvesial" dux ryu. he as the youngest black belt and was the fastest to get promoted in the dux ryu's history. becoming disillusioned with dux's illusions(hee hee! that one made me laugh:D) he went on to look for another more effective art. he moved to europe and began to train under dr. roy martina tja kai martial science system. after recieving his ranking there... he went on to go earn his dan's in hapkido. After his stay in europe sensei came back to the states and moved to texas where he became a student of robert bussey's. he became an insturctor under rbwi and then went off to create RTMS.
RTMS has not been around as long as other arts but continues to grow and add to itself to abstain from becoming stagnant (sp?).

3. that i'm not sure of but refer to question 4 for more details why.

4. there is no difference in rtms and tew ryu ninjutsu. tew ryu was a name he gave at the beginning when he first started to develop his art. as the style evolved he got tired of the confusion of many (the whole traditional and modern arguement of the ages) and decided to change the style name to rtms. tew ryu is now what we call the students. we are the ryu... school. a network of students from around the globe. that is why we don't associate ourselves with iga or koga... we are tew ryu.

hope this answers questions for the future.
peace
didn't i say this already...? good luck in further research.

peace

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Limeydog said:
female nude mud wrestling...is that part of kunoichi training?

More research needed...willing to sacrifice myself to further the group.
now thats funny! :rofl:

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
1. ?? in his late 30's early 40's

OK, thereÂ’s one question answeredÂ…..sort of.
2. 1)sensei studied a few arts. the most well known arts he studied were as follows:
growing up he studied "the controvesial" dux ryu. he as the youngest black belt and was the fastest to get promoted in the dux ryu's history. becoming disillusioned with dux's illusions(hee hee! that one made me laugh ) he went on to look for another more effective art. he moved to europe and began to train under dr. roy martina tja kai martial science system.

2) after recieving his ranking there... he went on to go earn his dan's in hapkido. After his stay in europe sensei came back to the states and moved to texas where he became a student of robert bussey's. he became an insturctor under rbwi and then went off to create RTMS.
RTMS has not been around as long as other arts but continues to grow and add to itself to abstain from becoming stagnant (sp?).
1) He makes it sound like that is something to be proud of. Dux is a known fake.
OK, so now we know he has at least a shodan in a fake style.
2) You say dan’s…..that is a possessive form for someone named Dan….I think you mean “dans”…..OK, what dan ranks in Hapkido did he earn?
What ranks did he earn under Bussey?
Again, you gave very vague answersÂ…..

3. that i'm not sure of but refer to question 4 for more details why.
No problem with not knowingÂ…Â…however answer 4 doesnÂ’t shed much light on question 3.

4. there is no difference in rtms and tew ryu ninjutsu. tew ryu was a name he gave at the beginning when he first started to develop his art. as the style evolved he got tired of the confusion of many (the whole traditional and modern arguement of the ages) and decided to change the style name to rtms. tew ryu is now what we call the students. we are the ryu... school. a network of students from around the globe. that is why we don't associate ourselves with iga or koga... we are tew ryu.

I see......

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
from what i have been told is that it was like a 5th dan in hapkido... and then became a chief instructor for bussey (bussey didn't give out dans)

peace

Latest Discussions