Punch with footwork or punch without footwork?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is another good example. I like to train hand-feet coordination during day one.

Same punch concept but different stance, Jow Ga has the one that goes across the body as well. This is just me using it a different way. It's very deceptive and very powerful, which is why I throw it so slow. It starts low and rises. My sparring partner shows the dangers of trying to jam a haymaker. You'll also notice that I pull his arm to get him off balance as well as take away his option to hit me with that arm. (in reference to the pulling the guard thread). It also lands near the back of his head as he tries to avoid it.

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope. No goal post moving. Clarification is part of discussion. It’s what people do when they think they’ve been unclear - or are dealing with someone who quite purposely chooses an interpretation that allows them to argue. You know, folks who care more about getting to argue than about contributing.
expressing different points of view is also part of the discussion process, yet it's that which you are criticizing me for.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, it isn’t.
now who is being argumentative ?

i have my considered opinions on matters, as these are not unusually different from yours, you accuse me of arguing for the sake of it, when the actual problem is you don't like being contradicted

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now who is being argumentative ?

i have my considered opinions on matters, as these are not unusually different from yours, you accuse me of arguing for the sake of it, when the actual problem is you don't like being contradicted
So, contradicting your statement about what I'm doing is now argumentative? That's a novel use of the word.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, contradicting your statement about what I'm doing is now argumentative? That's a novel use of the word.
well that's exactly the MO that causes you to accusus me of being argumentaive, goose and gander

and just saying " no it isn't" doesn't fit the definition of a contradiction, it's simply a denial,

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that's exactly the MO that causes you to accusus me of being argumentaive, goose and gander

and just saying " no it isn't" doesn't fit the definition of a contradiction, it's simply a denial,
You are still looking for an argument, something to disagree with.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my favor striking skill training is to kick on the knee and then punch on the face. This training requires my punch to coordinate with my front foot landing.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
They can be. Rarely is there an argument without disagreement. And seeking disagreement usually leads to argument.
an argument is a concise out line of your idea, a disagreement is someone expressing a different point of view, an argument can also be a heated exchange of ideas, but as I seldom if ever get heated, then its not me that having an argument it's the people who find it impossible to be contradicted with out launching adhom attacks on me, like err you

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an argument is a concise out line of your idea
That's one definition, and not the one I was using (and you knew it wasn't - again, trying for argument rather than contributing anything).
From Dictionary.com: "an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation:"
a disagreement is someone expressing a different point of view, an argument can also be a heated exchange of ideas, but as I seldom if ever get heated, then its not me that having an argument it's the people who find it impossible to be contradicted with out launching adhom attacks on me, like err you
That's one [/quote] I didn't say you were seeking "a disagreement", but "disagreement": "difference of opinion; dissent" (also from Dictionary.com). That last one is what you're seeking: dissent. You're just looking for something to disagree about. You do that from time to time, and either you think it's useful discourse, or are simply trolling. I honestly can't tell which.