Best School in Houston Area

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I stop training in Martial Arts in 1985 because I was working an 8 hour job going to college and had 3 kids to raise. Now the kids have graduate college and have nice families, I can start training again. I have a background in Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwon do, Kung Fu long fist and a little Aikido. I very open to learning new Arts. If you live in the Houston Area Please tell me about your school. My joints, knees, back,etc. are in good shape for my age. I don't care much about earning belts, I just want to regain balance, strength, and reduce my weight to training weight.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check with @CB Jones . His kid competes all over that part of the US so he may know somewhere good. I don't think we have too many texans people on here, unfortunately.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have a friend that opened up a dojo a couple years ago in Conroe.

Dojo and Fit Club of Magnolia. Don’t know much about school though. She is very nice and comes from a traditional Korean Karate background. Her dad might teach kendo there as well but I’m not sure.

We also have a friend in Pearland that has had a dojo down there for over 10 years but he is south of Houston.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
After thinking about it...Texas has a circuit down there . https://www.aokstrong.com

Might not be a bad idea to go to a couple tournaments and see clubs in action and talk to blackbelts. Some of those aren't as traditional and are a little XMA though.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After thinking about it...Texas has a circuit down there . https://www.aokstrong.com

Might not be a bad idea to go to a couple tournaments and see clubs in action and talk to blackbelts. Some of those aren't as traditional and are a little XMA though.
That's a good idea I never thought about. Going to competitions, and scouting a place that way. In the future, I may steal that trick.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
We have a friend that opened up a dojo a couple years ago in Conroe.

Dojo and Fit Club of Magnolia. Don’t know much about school though. She is very nice and comes from a traditional Korean Karate background. Her dad might teach kendo there as well but I’m not sure.

We also have a friend in Pearland that has had a dojo down there for over 10 years but he is south of Houston.
Thank you

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I stop training in Martial Arts in 1985 because I was working an 8 hour job going to college and had 3 kids to raise. Now the kids have graduate college and have nice families, I can start training again. I have a background in Moo Duk Kwan Tae Kwon do, Kung Fu long fist and a little Aikido. I very open to learning new Arts. If you live in the Houston Area Please tell me about your school. My joints, knees, back,etc. are in good shape for my age. I don't care much about earning belts, I just want to regain balance, strength, and reduce my weight to training weight.
I am the chief instructor at West Houston ATA Martial Arts.

If you're on the west side, check us out at www.WestHoustonATA.com. Fill out the contact form and we'll set you up with an intro lesson. Always looking for more adult students!

Latest Discussions