OP
F

FLY

Way to go Billy, congratulations:cheers:

:asian:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Just spoke to Mr. Lear on the phone(he was kind enough to call me) and you can hear the exhaustion and excitement in his voice. It sounds like a very trying test and he made it through with a few minor lumps and bumps, but probably a lot more wisdom.

I only wish I could have been there to watch it live.

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by RCastillo
Lord Gou has rightly earned that title as "Top Kenpo Man" in Canada!He has taken on all comers, and his record stands unblemished. he will put his title on the line, anywhere, anytime, and even for no purse either!

Hey, Billy was there. He's seen me do my "No-touch-self-knockout" before.

I'm telling you guys, don't mess with me.
:shrug:

OP
T

tunetigress

Yeah, I betcha Gou can knock ya all out, with or without his widdle purse! Canucks kick buttski! Go Gouie, go !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Well done Billy.

You are the man. I know what it's like, I've recently graded to the equivalent in Ryukyu Kempo, it was 4 hours non stop. I have never been so nervous before a grading, in my life.
--Dave:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I knew you could do it........

Now Gou can "bang on you worse than Clyde cause you are a true Brown Belt" and not feel guilty because he is a higher rank!

hee hee.......

(boy, am I a troublemaker) lol

OP
G

GouRonin

You only wish you were as good looking as me Big D.

That's ok. You can hang with me and I'll get you the babes.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Sounds like Dennis is still stuck on Marnie... LOL

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Lear,

Congrats on the Belt. Yeah, it is intimidating looking at all that Black on the panel. I outta know. Been there, done that. Look forward to meeting you the next UKS camp.

Yours in Kenpo,
-Michael Billings:asian:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I am loooking forward to meeting you too. I guess that would be in October, huh?

I went home right after the test and stayed up all night sewing my patches on my black gi, so that I could wear it to class on Saturday morning. Everyone was shocked when I showed up... I guess they expected me to go on sobatical or something after the test...

I'm more proud of passing that test than anything I've done in a long time. I'm patiently working toward the day when I can pass that feeling of accomplishment on to my own students. It is that feeling that makes the sweat, blood, and tears all worth while.

Take Care,
Billy Lear, 3rd Degree Brown Belt
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

Latest Discussions