Prison Guards Fired.

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Two prison guards suspected of supplying the picture were fired for making unauthorized copies of an evidence photo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley state prison in Carlisle, about 70 miles north of Evansville.
Fired for Photo

Do you Agree, that tampering with evidence is tamper with evidence, period.

Do you disagree, since the inmate is already in prison and guilty.

Do you think the guards might have overstepped their authority, but firing is a bit much, in that situation.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mixed feelings. They shouldn't have done it, but firing should be used only as a last resort and in cases of moral turpitude or gross incompetence where the employee is not considered "salvageable". I don't know here.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like any NEWS story, I tend to always think that there is more to it than whats made public. That being said, unless we know the entire story, its hard to make a solid decision. I don't know the rules/regulations of that prison, the work history of the guards in question, etc., so again, its hard to make a solid decision. Could've they been suspended? Sure, thats always an option. Perhaps if they have a history of tampering, violating policy, etc., then maybe the termination would be justified.

In any case, at least the scum bag responsible for killing the girl is locked up!

Mike

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Isn't evidence state property? And if it belongs to the state, doesn't it then belong to the people?

Jeff

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't know if they deserve to be fired... some form of censure, certainly, because evidence tampering such as this makes it harder to find and convict the guilty parties - not that I think this scum doesn't deserve it, but neither do I think such vigilantism should be encouraged, and the guilty party(ies) will now be harder to find and prosecute. As has been said, without further information it's really hard to say.

Latest Discussions