practice and pain..

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm too old. My philosophy is a simple one:

"No pain - no pain."

Age brings about enough pain all by itself. Some of you may not beleive this but no matter how well or "right" you do everything, the body wears out like any other machine.

I gotta go, I need an oil change and lube. I really look forward to the lube job.;)

H

headkick

I would take a look at your body alignment and posture if your back is getting sore. I really doesn't take much to cause a problem. And changes to mechanics can sneak in at any time. I know they do on me all the time. You get a little sore over here so you make a change, without even realizing it, to overcome that and before you know it, you're a little out of whack somewhere else. Happens to pitchers all the time. I think a lot of us, myself included, rely too much on lower back flexibility rather hip and leg flexibility and core strength. That can tweak your back. And, if like me, your belt supports a bit more than it should, your back gets an extra workout.

Maybe video tape those workouts and see if you can find places where your out of position and muscling techniques. And stretch after those workouts!

Just some ideas that come from experience...

R

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jbkenpo
I thought we took Kenpo so we didn't have to run? LOL

jb:D

I wanna be as fast, as well as good looking like you IKKO dudes!;)

And no, no smart remarks either!:mad:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No matter how well you take care of yourself, life will take its toll on you, whether through normal wear and tear or through accident and injury. I've found (the hard way) that the best thing to do is adapt and move on. While it's normal to lament the lost qualities of youth, age brings its own rewards (i.e., improved judgement, experience, guile, dirty tricks, etc.). No matter what injuries or mishaps you encounter along the way, you can come back baby, rock and roll never forgets.:)

Trying to avoid life's potholes,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
ikenpo

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
I wanna be as fast, as well as good looking like you IKKO dudes!;)

And no, no smart remarks either!:mad:

Hey,

What have you heard? Mr. C am I an honorary IKKO dude? Inquiring minds want to know? If so, please email me the details on the secret handshake.

jb:D

p.s. Mr. Castillo, you still owe me an email with the info you want me to put on the website.

Latest Discussions