when it's not

L

lonekimono

OK i have one how do you know when it's not kenpo??

this should be good:asian:

OP
K

Kenpomachine

When it doesn't flow, and also when it doesn't follow the same basics and principles we are taught... But that would give us a hard time differenciating kenpo from kung fu, wouldn't it?
Luckily, in other thread it's been said that kenpo is the japanese for kungfu/chuanfa :)

OP
L

lonekimono

I agree kenpomachine, lets see what other people say??
club/stick/Bat,,,,,what the hell they all hurt. G Elmer(ACKKS)
:asian:

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by lonekimono
OK i have one how do you know when it's not kenpo??

this should be good:asian:

Good question.....but entirely subjective. It would depend on the practitioner and what he wants out of HIS/HER art. If you want to focus on or learn somthing I think you can already find it within the system but what a practitioner focuses on or expounds into THEIR kenpo is entirely up to them.

So when is it not kenpo? When the practitioner decides it doesnt fit into his style or give any value to their way of learning the system based on sound principles and philosophies.

My answer would be slapping your ankles while kicking above your head wouldnt be kenpo, but hey whatever gets ya going ;)

OP
L

lonekimono

Hey brain how about a backfist while stepping forward with an elbow(samehand) and than a smack to the old qazueeis:D
if you get my meaning:rofl:

OP
B

brianhunter

Hey brain how about a backfist while stepping forward with an elbow(samehand) and than a smack to the old qazueeis:D
if you get my meaning:rofl:

Brain or Brian its all subjective ;) But yeah that sounds like it would leave a mark on someone anyways :D

OP
L

lonekimono

sorry brian, you can all me ray,or you can call me jay, or you can call me jay jay, or you can call me j,j, jr. but please call me George, or jorge:D :D , it's just one of them days:rofl:

OP
J

jeffkyle

sorry brian, you can all me ray,or you can call me jay, or you can call me jay jay, or you can call me j,j, jr. but please call me George, or jorge:D :D , it's just one of them days:rofl:

How about Ray Jay? HAHA! :rofl:

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by jeffkyle
How about Ray Jay? HAHA! :rofl:

For the life of me I cant remember what that was from?!?!

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by brianhunter

Before your time .. it's from a Miller Lite commercial I remember
correctly .. might've been budweiser.

OP
J

jeffkyle

I was just playing along with the whole naming convention....:shrug:

OP
L

lonekimono

Hey guys it was from SNL i think, but i also think kirk is right, but it was kind of fun:D :D :D

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter
Ya doesn't have to call me Johnson. My name is Raymond Jay Johnson Junior. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Ray Jay, or you can call me R.J, or you can call me R.J.J., or you can call me R.J.J.Jr., but ya doesn't have to call me Johnson.:asian:

The fountain of useless information,
Randy Strausbaugh

OP
K

KenpoDragon

Do you guys make these threads to see who's going to strike at who? Come on boys, this sounds WAY TOO MUCH like another current thread.

:asian: KenpoDragon

OP
L

lonekimono

When you get my age the mind makes you do things:confused: :D :eek:

OP
L

lonekimono

Can i pass around the plate??:D :shrug: .oh yes what made me this way ?? you see back in 1978 MR Dennis Tosten said
"do you want to see a teq called the PEN teq?"
i said yes ,he thew a ballpoint pen at me and it hit me in my head
well what can you do?,does that make it kenpo?:D

OP
J

jeffkyle

When you get my age the mind makes you do things:confused: :D :eek:

Or it makes you NOT do things....;) :)

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you see back in 1978 MR Dennis Tosten said
"do you want to see a teq called the PEN teq?"
i said yes ,he thew a ballpoint pen at me and it hit me in my head
well what can you do?,does that make it kenpo?:D

Sure, why not? He used enviornment, range, and utilized whatever weapon he had laying around.:D :rofl: .

I had a guy talk to me once about self-defense while I was drinking my water. This was casual conversation by the way. He had asked me at the moment what I would do if approached and attacked. So I said; at this moment I would try to talk my way out of the situation. If that didn't work I'd move on to throwing my ice cold water in their face then bringing on my own attack.:D Is that right or wrong? Could I use a 32 ounce cup of ice cold water to my advantage? Is that still kenpo? In my book sure.

Latest Discussions