Practical approach to achieving splits

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can do the splits and have been able to do them since I was a teenager. However, I trained for quite a while and just couldn't do them fully. So one day I bought a stretching machine and have been able to do them ever since. Now, every once in a while if I lag on my stretching and am a little tight I spend about two to three day's working on the machine and I am right back to full splits. Get yourself a stretching machine and use it.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can do the splits and have been able to do them since I was a teenager. However, I trained for quite a while and just couldn't do them fully. So one day I bought a stretching machine and have been able to do them ever since. Now, every once in a while if I lag on my stretching and am a little tight I spend about two to three day's working on the machine and I am right back to full splits. Get yourself a stretching machine and use it.

Just wondering though if having the knowledge that a machine needed, would that kind of mean more pressure on the muscles leaving open the possibility on injury. I don't know if a singular injury could be doing it again a few times through wear and tear. I used to be able to almost get there elbows down and hips rear thingy up. Never liked it though.