ppko & xequat take a look

W

wave

Robert

I was not going to bother replying to you anymore. But seeing as you treated Mr Bettingcourt the way you did.... here goes.

You continuously put others down and offer no validity to your claims of superior knowledge, other than sweeping general statements. Well people who make sweeping general statements are usually the less able.

I highly recommend you "humble up" a bit, get that chip off your shoulder and stop worrying about what other people do and train.

You make comments about people with no knowledge of them. e.g Moneymaker

In psychology, they talk about "Reaction Formation," which is a defence mechanism that conceals hidden motives from the self by giving strong expressions to it's opposite (as in we tend to attack in others what we secretly dislike most in ourselves).

It is very easy to look for the bad in others; easier still to spend hours and hours on the internet gossiping about it. It takes discipline and intelligence, however, to look a little deeper and find the things that they are doing right. It also takes self-control to keep yourself from expressing opinions that are less than complimentary.

I am sure you will react with your customary aplomb.

I will not dignify your response with a reply, so rant away with your whatevers and BS and rudimentary attempts at sarcasm.

Regards

Russell

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
wave said:
Robert

1) I was not going to bother replying to you anymore. But seeing as you treated Mr Bettingcourt the way you did.... here goes.

2) You continuously put others down and offer no validity to your claims of superior knowledge, other than sweeping general statements. Well people who make sweeping general statements are usually the less able.

3) I highly recommend you "humble up" a bit, get that chip off your shoulder and stop worrying about what other people do and train.

4) You make comments about people with no knowledge of them. e.g Moneymaker

5) In psychology, they talk about "Reaction Formation," which is a defence mechanism that conceals hidden motives from the self by giving strong expressions to it's opposite (as in we tend to attack in others what we secretly dislike most in ourselves).

6) It is very easy to look for the bad in others; easier still to spend hours and hours on the internet gossiping about it. It takes discipline and intelligence, however, to look a little deeper and find the things that they are doing right. It also takes self-control to keep yourself from expressing opinions that are less than complimentary.

7) I am sure you will react with your customary aplomb.

8) I will not dignify your response with a reply, so rant away with your whatevers and BS and rudimentary attempts at sarcasm.

Regards

Russell

1)Odd how you and “Fbettincourt” kinda joined about the same time….friend of yours maybe???

2)Actually I have offered more than enough information to validate my position on MT as well as E-Budo; which is where you crawled over from after I commented on a post you made….which I guess pissed you off. I say it is the people that continually offer up bogus explanations about “kyusho” using TCM terminology which might as well be Swahili to most people, seasoned martial artists included, to make themselves sound educated on the subject of TCM as well as legitimize what they are trying to do. The use of TCM terminology does several things….it makes KOing someone sound more “exotic” and it acts as a buffer zone because few if any people they speak to understand TCM concepts well or at all which makes it easier for their claims to go unrefuted or challenged. Very convenient for them actually.

3)No “chip” and people on MT and Ebudo that know me and have trained with me will tell you what I am like…..and that is basically if I don’t know something I will state so without hesitation, also I will not flinch away from people that continually spread BS on the internet.

4)Is that a fact…..

5)“Dr.” Russell is it now?

6)Funny you should mention that…..My “New Years resolution” was to abstain from MA BBs for 6 months to a year starting today or tomorrow so I can concentrate on more important things like training and work since I will be needing to get some new qualifications for my job. As for your other comments in 6) this thread was started to get others opinion’s on mpegs I have seen around…..seems I am not the only one that didn’t care for what I saw…..in fact I think most people thought they were all BULL and stated so…….. judging from what I have seen of your posts you seem to be the kind of person that extends his hand in feigned friendship and has a dagger in the other waiting to use it. I doubt seriously you had any intent of “making friends” with me, or anyone on MT since all 6 of your posts to date have been on this thread..... nor do I think you sincerely wish to discuss the mpegs that were posted here.....your here because of my comments about your post on E-Budo pissed you off... you wanted to disrupt this thread ……well you have succeeded.

7)Wow! You must be psychic… :rolleyes:

8)You can reply or don’t reply I don’t really care. I won’t report you to the Mods for disrupting this thread.

As I stated above I will soon be cutting myself off of MA BBs for about 6 months to 1 year since I have several other things that out way the importance of the things that happen here. I have corresponded with many people on MT via email and hope to continue to do so because I value the friendship and information exchanges we have had. I extend this offer to anyone on MT….feel free to email me if you want to discuss something; however I am not sure of the turn around rate of my replies.

F

Fbettincourt

Mr. Rousselot,

My entire approach to this has been completely professional. None of it was meant in bad spirit, even though you apparently have taken it that way. Nothing has to do with political correctness, but courtesy and professionalism.

Peace!

FB

F

Fbettincourt

In addition...If you despise these people, then why give them the time of day. You have made people curious by drawing such attention to them. I am sure that they will thank you in the long run for the business that you have driven their way.

Whether someone is talking good about you or bad about...they are still talking about you.

Peace!

FB

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
Mr. Rousselot,

My entire approach to this has been completely professional
. None of it was meant in bad spirit, even though you apparently have taken it that way. Nothing has to do with political correctness, but courtesy and professionalism.

Peace!

FB
Professional people introduce themselves…….you have not. I see you still have no wish for anyone to know your name. Why is that?

Are you just one of the myriad of internet cowards that hides behind a user ID?

Your participation in this thread is interesting to me. You all of a sudden joined MT and immediately gravitated to this thread and ONLY this thread…you post no personal information on yourself....and to date you have yet to post anything about the topic of this thread…..but instead chose to try and engage me in some sort of argument…..you have all the characteristics of a TROLL.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
In addition...If you despise these people, then why give them the time of day. You have made people curious by drawing such attention to them. I am sure that they will thank you in the long run for the business that you have driven their way.

Whether someone is talking good about you or bad about...they are still talking about you.

Peace!

FB
I can't recall ever using the "despise" to describe the way I feel about "these" people.

F

Fbettincourt

Ok the word "despise" was never used. "Crap", "BS", etc. have been used repeatedly. Your rantings have nothing other than to raise curiosity to those that you (fill in your own words so that you will not accuse others of putting them in your mouth).

My First initial (F) and my last name (Bettincourt) are in my profile. If they are not then I will correct that.

It is a shame that you have to try to bully people with your words. Life is too short my friend. Good luck with your new endeavor(s) and really, May peace be unto you and your family.

FB
Frank Bettincourt (is that better?)

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
1) Ok the word "despise" was never used. "Crap", "BS", etc. have been used repeatedly. Your rantings have nothing other than to raise curiosity to those that you (fill in your own words so that you will not accuse others of putting them in your mouth).

2) My First initial (F) and my last name (Bettincourt) are in my profile. If they are not then I will correct that.

3) It is a shame that you have to try to bully people with your words. Life is too short my friend.

4) Good luck with your new endeavor(s) and really, May peace be unto you and your family.

FB
Frank Bettincourt (is that better?)

1)I see so I and others make comments about mpegs and you ***ume it is the people that are despised. Your logic is flawed.

2)It wasn’t at the time I was writing this….your profile says “Karate Nidan”

3)I see…..and why is it you are posting here again????….to “enlighten me”…to be my “conscience” ? Give me a break....you are a troll plain and simple.

4)If that had an ounce of sincerity in it I would have said thanks, however, in the extremely brief time you have been at MT you have done nothing but try to get in my face……

F

Fbettincourt

Your entire attitude is sad. I really do hope you find peace.

FB

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
Your entire attitude is sad. I really do hope you find peace.

FB
So now that you have spent all this time expressiing your dubious concern for me would you care to step up to the plate and actually post something on topic here?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
THAT is exactly what I was thinking. How can being KOed by using these points on a regular basis be at all healthy? Perhaps some MT members with knowledge in TCM could enlighten?

Earl Montaigue writes that using pressure points in such fashion IS dangerous. I don't know much about TCM or PPs, but I have experienced accupuncture and accupressure and I know that it works for healing purposes anyways. So, doesn't it follow that to use the same knowlegde for destructive purposes is overall harmful in your body? Especially when it is done continually.

upnorthkyosa

PS - someone indicated that they disapproved of the quoted post. I am curious as to why someone would disapprove of a person questioning the safety of a training practice. Within my dojang, safety in practice is the first hurdle anything needs to clear before it can be done in class...

F

Fbettincourt

There is probably not much that I can add to the discussion by way of martial arts knowledge. My father was my teacher. His last words of wisdom to me before he left this world, was to seek out balance in everything. This applies martial arts and life. There are going to be those who we admire, and those that we even may detest. Giving them the time of day only fuels the fire.

So to answer your question, do I have anything to add on topic? Read above my friend and before replying, let the words become a part of you. When you find that balance, and yes, tolerance, is part of balance, you will truly find peace.

I was taught that courtesy, respect, and honor were part of the martial arts. My journey in martial arts was not to become the ultimate fighter, but realize the true potential of the human spirit. By coming closer to the above, we honor those that passed on their knowledge to us. By ignoring the above, we flagrantly disrespect them.

Peace on your journey my friend!

FB

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moderator Note.
Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

tshadowchaser
aka Sheldon Bedell
-MT Moderator-

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wave said:
You are correct about Dillman, I have no time for him, ditto Clark. But seriously incorrect if you think Moneymaker can't do this stuff full speed and power.
Funny how you would say that because if it wasn't for George Dillman than there wouldn't be a Kyusho International. I beg to differ with this statement, I am sure that George can do this at full speed and there are several people in DKI that can do it at full speed.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
What a crock of horse dooky. As one who has intensely studied suggestive therapeutics (hypnosis, eyes open or closed) I have always noticed how the speakers set up a response expectancy prior to delivering strikes. The target ain't ducking, dodging, or even twitching naturally the people do when something is on it's way to their eye.

When I first started BJJ, there were a bunch of these 1-touch yahoos around the NLP and hypnosis circuits. I always betted them that I could choke them out long before they knocked me out (anything goes, the one to walk away wins). Most didn't take me up on it. The few who did slept well.

Dave
:)

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
1) There is probably not much that I can add to the discussion by way of martial arts knowledge. My father was my teacher. His last words of wisdom to me before he left this world, was to seek out balance in everything. This applies martial arts and life. There are going to be those who we admire, and those that we even may detest. Giving them the time of day only fuels the fire.

So to answer your question, do I have anything to add on topic? Read above my friend and before replying, let the words become a part of you. When you find that balance, and yes, tolerance, is part of balance, you will truly find peace.

I was taught that courtesy, respect, and honor were part of the martial arts. My journey in martial arts was not to become the ultimate fighter, but realize the true potential of the human spirit. By coming closer to the above, we honor those that passed on their knowledge to us. By ignoring the above, we flagrantly disrespect them.

Peace on your journey my friend!

FB
That pretty much says it.......
:moon::feedtroll

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Funny how you would say that because if it wasn't for George Dillman than there wouldn't be a Kyusho International.....

ppko,

I think we actually agree on something........

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Earl Montaigue writes that using pressure points in such fashion IS dangerous. I don't know much about TCM or PPs, but I have experienced accupuncture and accupressure and I know that it works for healing purposes anyways. So, doesn't it follow that to use the same knowlegde for destructive purposes is overall harmful in your body? Especially when it is done continually.

upnorthkyosa

PS - someone indicated that they disapproved of the quoted post. I am curious as to why someone would disapprove of a person questioning the safety of a training practice. Within my dojang, safety in practice is the first hurdle anything needs to clear before it can be done in class...
i would say that they disapprove simply because they dont understand.
when you use a tool for a purpose that is not in it's design it can be dangerous. if you simply turn a blind eye to the danger and work out of ignorance it suddenly makes it ok.
you dont fix a leak on a car tire by pounding more holes in it with hammer and nail......you especially cannot pound on the sensitive structures of the human anatomy and hope you dont do anything wrong.
i have yet to see anybody post anything meaningful as to the efficacious use of these KO points when they arent pounding them indiscriminately.

shawn

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
i would say that they disapprove simply because they dont understand.
when you use a tool for a purpose that is not in it's design it can be dangerous. if you simply turn a blind eye to the danger and work out of ignorance it suddenly makes it ok.
you dont fix a leak on a car tire by pounding more holes in it with hammer and nail......you especially cannot pound on the sensitive structures of the human anatomy and hope you dont do anything wrong.
i have yet to see anybody post anything meaningful as to the efficacious use of these KO points when they arent pounding them indiscriminately.

shawn
Well said.