ppko & xequat take a look

T

Turbo

LOOK OUT THE INTERNET IS GOING TO CRASH!!! PPKO AND RROUUSELOT AGREE...ITS ABOUT TIME.:ultracool

I think certain people in all the organizations can do it full speed... there is always people that are just better at martial arts than others. Not everyone is a true martial artist either...alot of people do Martial Arts for a hobby and dont practice enough, or have the mentality to make it effective.

T

Turbo

Sorry about the messed up post...I should spend more time practicing the art of the keyboard....ha ha

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Turbo said:
LOOK OUT THE INTERNET IS GOING TO CRASH!!! PPKO AND RROUUSELOT AGREE...ITS ABOUT TIME.:ultracool

I think certain people in all the organizations can do it full speed... there is always people that are just better at martial arts than others. Not everyone is a true martial artist either...alot of people do Martial Arts for a hobby and dont practice enough, or have the mentality to make it effective.
great post I couldn't agree more

T

The Prof

Greetings,

I have viewed this clip and several of the others. I don’t know what the heck he means about the optic nerve and the eye going back to the brain. But I do know one thing that most everyone seems to miss, when engaged in combat, and the adrenalin is pumping, they do not always go down as easy and as quick. How do I know? First hand experience.

But I will say something about the clip. That is a good knockout technique. As I said in one of my previous posts, I am not a knock out artist, and I do not even know how it works. I do not know squat about meridians, lung, liver, heart, kidney, etc. But I have been using this particular strike for decades. I do not go around knocking people out, I am not a showman.

And yes, it works better on a stationary target. I will give you an example. Not to far back, in a Home Depot parking lot, I had a brief encounter of a not so nice kind. Apparently I must have done something while I was driving to irk a young man who appeared to be in his mid-thirties.

After I parked and exited my car he came up to me in a huff swearing all sorts of profanity. The look in his eyes was not a very nice one. Without a warning to him or to me, when he got within striking distance, I did it. Down he went. It scared the crap out of me as I did not expect any of this to happen. I was relieved that his head did not hit the concrete. In all honesty, he did not appear to be totally out, but he was totally incapacitated and was not standing.

There were four very shocked people, him, me and two other senior citizens. This was not a very comfortable situation for me. I wish I would have gotten back into my car or something.

Anyway, Not to be offensive to anyone, I really think that there has been enough on this topic. All points have been made and well taken. I have enjoyed the clips and the posts. This morning one of our members called me at my home and it was a great conversation.

Continue to enjoy each others company. I think that you are a pretty neat bunch of people. And always remember; "Survival Is An Everyday Reality" Have A Great New Year! :asian: :asian: :asian:

Prof. Rick Riccardi
www.niseido.org

F

Fbettincourt

Years ago I ran across a book by Robert Becker called, "The Body Electric." At the time, he was a research scientist working out of Syracuse University. He was using specific frequencies to to generate tissue growth, nerve growth and more. This was first conducted on Frogs. Their legs were cut off and he was able to regrow the leg.

Eventually, there was a chance to try this on humans. A man came in with gang(sp?) green. The only "normal" mode of treatment was amputation. He took the chance. Using some kind of silver rod and the proper frequency, the leg was healed and ultimately saved.

Modern medicine now uses some of the work done by this man. Formerly this was impossible and inconceivable...NOT ANYMORE!

This led to my quest because of the tales of martial arts masters from years gone by. Do I totally discount these mpgs? No. Do I totally accept these mpgs? No. As the Prof. has said, it has brought about a good discussion.
I accept the possibility of these things. If we are to discount them, then we might as well quit and find something else to do.

Peace!

FB

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Shizen Shigoku said:
I agree, I mostly posted that as a joke (should have put a :D in there somewhere to clarrify my intentions . . .)

However, I still think it provides a more realistic knockout response than the other video clips posted which show mostly controlled break-falls. I dunno - maybe a skilled martial artist can take ukemi while unconcious. ?
Just got back to this one, it certainly looks more like a knock out in my book, the falling down and splashing around with the arms thing doesn't usually happen whilst unconcious...

B

BenThere

RRouuselot said:
What do you guys think of these mpegs?

http://www.jimcornskarate.com/video.php?location=video/jimko1.mpg

Here are some questions to consider:

1) Is the "attacker" actually attacking or just standing there?

2) Does the demo show any kind of set up for "self-defense" tactic or is it merely showing some guy that has been "placed" in a postion and then whacked?

3) Should the person explain the technique and then actually do the technique with some degree realism? or just do it they way it is done on the mpegs?
Just a couple of clips the forum readers should look at

http://www.geocities.com/brsbarnes/index.htm

I don’t know why you guys are giving this guy so much airtime/attention. First off, I have a deep respect for Seiyu Oyata, Roberts “Instructor”. But everyone on here who has known the Taika (Oyata) for any length of time (let alone 25 years) has seen him demonstrate techniques at a slow or medium pace. We have all seen Oyata demonstrate “ko’s” on someone who is not attacking full speed, and we have all seen him demonstrate on someone NOT even moving to attack him. I could post more that are from over 20 years ago, but this is not what is really at issue here. Robert, if you have been with the Oyata for over “25 years” now, you must know this too. You seem to be playing on the naïveté of those new to “kyusho” using this forum (and others) as a personal weapon. You seem to have other more personal issues/reasons for posting on here. Maybe a personal axe to grind, or maybe even a vendetta. You continually use statements like, “Is the "attacker" actually attacking or just standing there?” or “I was always under the impression that when demonstrating or practicing technique the “uke” (attacker) was actually supposed to attack. If the “uke” merely stands there and waits for it ANY technique will work. The whole point behind a demonstration is to “demonstrate” that the technique works. for it to be a real demonstration” and “So let me ask you this. Don’t you think these people that demo on those mpegs would better serve their purpose of demonstrating “technique” by showing some technique done with a bit of realism……meaning having some one attack with a bit movement (I say a bit of realism since we all know demos are not an actual fight” when you know, your own instructor does the same, is very insightful to the rest of us. Using this as an attack to discredit others is weak. Using this forum, to get its uninformed less experienced members to aid you in your fervor is sad.

I see from your post, you are planning on taking a “sabbatical” from posting to this forum. Good, maybe now the pissing contest will end.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BenThere said:
I see from your post, you are planning on taking a “sabbatical” from posting to this forum. Good, maybe now the pissing contest will end.
I love it when people join MT but don't have the balls to put anything in their user profile....care to tell us who your are???

You are obviously one of Jim Korn's flunkies or Jim Korn himself since your quote only included his website.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
BenThere said:
Just a couple of clips the forum readers should look at

http://www.geocities.com/brsbarnes/index.htm

I don’t know why you guys are giving this guy so much airtime/attention. First off, I have a deep respect for Seiyu Oyata, Roberts “Instructor”. But everyone on here who has known the Taika (Oyata) for any length of time (let alone 25 years) has seen him demonstrate techniques at a slow or medium pace. We have all seen Oyata demonstrate “ko’s” on someone who is not attacking full speed, and we have all seen him demonstrate on someone NOT even moving to attack him. I could post more that are from over 20 years ago, but this is not what is really at issue here. Robert, if you have been with the Oyata for over “25 years” now, you must know this too. You seem to be playing on the naïveté of those new to “kyusho” using this forum (and others) as a personal weapon. You seem to have other more personal issues/reasons for posting on here. Maybe a personal axe to grind, or maybe even a vendetta. You continually use statements like, “Is the "attacker" actually attacking or just standing there?” or “I was always under the impression that when demonstrating or practicing technique the “uke” (attacker) was actually supposed to attack. If the “uke” merely stands there and waits for it ANY technique will work. The whole point behind a demonstration is to “demonstrate” that the technique works. for it to be a real demonstration” and “So let me ask you this. Don’t you think these people that demo on those mpegs would better serve their purpose of demonstrating “technique” by showing some technique done with a bit of realism……meaning having some one attack with a bit movement (I say a bit of realism since we all know demos are not an actual fight” when you know, your own instructor does the same, is very insightful to the rest of us. Using this as an attack to discredit others is weak. Using this forum, to get its uninformed less experienced members to aid you in your fervor is sad.

Thanks for the clips nice to see that Mr. Oyata does these stationary also.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
ppko said:
Thanks for the clips nice to see that Mr. Oyata does these stationary also.
Insanity, validated? Please understand: I don't believe these are an impossibility. I most certainly DO believe that over 99.9% of the people who think they are doing them, are full of crapola.

A live, trained opponent, hell-bent on absolutely beating the bejeezus out of you will simply not make a good candidate for these KO's. Period. No matter what the videos say, or how Whomever does it. I issued a specific challenge match request to the Ky community, and have since put many to sleep. They get to try to K.O. me, while I beat on them with simple muay thai kickboxing, then pull them to the floor, and choke them until they tap out, or pass out. The one to walk away from the other guys unconscious body, wins. So far, the best defenses I've seen from guys in this camp are when they have given up entirely on trying to knock me out with acu-point schmutz, and just start flailing randomly in an attempt to distract me from dialing in the choke.

And I started doing this when Dillman and his 1-touches first starting spreading in popularity...many years before Mr. Rousselot started this thread.

Regards,

Dave

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
Insanity, validated? Please understand: I don't believe these are an impossibility. I most certainly DO believe that over 99.9% of the people who think they are doing them, are full of crapola.

A live, trained opponent, hell-bent on absolutely beating the bejeezus out of you will simply not make a good candidate for these KO's. Period. No matter what the videos say, or how Whomever does it. I issued a specific challenge match request to the Ky community, and have since put many to sleep. They get to try to K.O. me, while I beat on them with simple muay thai kickboxing, then pull them to the floor, and choke them until they tap out, or pass out. The one to walk away from the other guys unconscious body, wins. So far, the best defenses I've seen from guys in this camp are when they have given up entirely on trying to knock me out with acu-point schmutz, and just start flailing randomly in an attempt to distract me from dialing in the choke.

And I started doing this when Dillman and his 1-touches first starting spreading in popularity...many years before Mr. Rousselot started this thread.

Regards,

Dave

Fix your feet.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:

Regards,

Dave
Who all have you done this to (you can pm me if you want just so I can verify it). Organizations are all the same you have the insstructors that are good at teaching but can't fight, you have instructors that are good at fighting but can't teach, and you have instructors that can't do niether and some that can do both. It's always going to be the man not the art. When we (the people in our school)do these KO's we understand that in a real situation we may miss the point or may not put the person out so just keep attacking until they are no longer a threat, hit what presents itself. I am not saying that we can not be beat anybody could win whether it be with skill or just plain old luck on any day anyone could win. That is why when we attack we don't stop attacking until they stop moving.Found this at kyusho.com
http://www.kyusho.com/burchtv.wmv it is a news clip of a 15 year old girl being abducted (Bill Burch was her teacher (he is in DKI)) just an example that this stuff works in real life. Tell me your thoughts

A

A_MARTIAL_ARTIST

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka stated "I issued a specific challenge match request to the Ky community, and have since put many to sleep."

Please forgive my ignorance,but what do you mean by Ky community

Latest Discussions