ppko & xequat take a look

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hit the eye straight back into the brain?

Ummm.....what about that little think called the skull that's in the way?

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
bignick said:
Hit the eye straight back into the brain?

Ummm.....what about that little think called the skull that's in the way?
I couldn't hear the video so well but I think he said "the optic nerve goes straight into the brain" and the he mumbles something like "if I just blap the eye"

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
What a crock of horse dooky. As one who has intensely studied suggestive therapeutics (hypnosis, eyes open or closed) I have always noticed how the speakers set up a response expectancy prior to delivering strikes. The target ain't ducking, dodging, or even twitching naturally the people do when something is on it's way to their eye.

When I first started BJJ, there were a bunch of these 1-touch yahoos around the NLP and hypnosis circuits. I always betted them that I could choke them out long before they knocked me out (anything goes, the one to walk away wins). Most didn't take me up on it. The few who did slept well.

Dave

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
No kidding, I forgot about that. Somebody in sparring got hit, heel in the eye and it did some permanent damage. Then we started having cage headgear. TW

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but I was really wanting to hear from ppko & xequat.....

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I just developed a new one touch knockout....

How it works is this...you just stand there and I nail you in the head as hard as I can (which is pretty hard, if I do say so myself).....

I bet I can get pretty close to 100% success rate with this one...

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The gentleman in the video is Evan Pantazi he is over Kyusho International, that is not a KO that I would do, but to each there own seems effective, don't know what the long term effects would be though.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
DeLamar.J said:
Looks like some good acting to me. They deserve a gold moon man for that.
No the I have never seen anyone act like they have been KOd, sometimes though the person is not all the way out, but are instead daised, or they may go out for just a split second :)

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
The gentleman in the video is Evan Pantazi he is over Kyusho International, that is not a KO that I would do, but to each there own seems effective, don't know what the long term effects would be though.
So do you think that was an effective technique/KO?

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Like any other KO some work on certain people, but not on others, I have personally taken shots directly to the eye that was much harder than that and continued to go, last night was an example. Me and Tony was going at it, full contact with gloves, well I didn't do much striking (allowing Tony to feel more comfortable striking) but I did go to take him down, he had me in a reverse headlock I went to sweep him (I was successful) while my right leg had swept my left had stayed put and I ran my knee into my eye, although I was stunned I contued on Tony didn't know I was stunned if so that would of been the end of me last night.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Like any other KO some work on certain people, but not on others, I have personally taken shots directly to the eye that was much harder than that and continued to go, last night was an example. Me and Tony was going at it, full contact with gloves, well I didn't do much striking (allowing Tony to feel more comfortable striking) but I did go to take him down, he had me in a reverse headlock I went to sweep him (I was successful) while my right leg had swept my left had stayed put and I ran my knee into my eye, although I was stunned I contued on Tony didn't know I was stunned if so that would of been the end of me last night.
I am sorry was that an answer to my question or was that in reply to something else?

Just in incase you misunderstood my question I'll ask it again:

So do you think that(in the mpeg) was an effective technique/KO?

spatulahunter

Green Belt
Reaction score
That looked pretty cheesy to me, i doubt it was real. On the other hand if it is real then that instructor shouldnt be teaching anymore. To just knock someone out like that would be dangerous and not needed. Our teacher will show us chokes that can knock someone out and he will put them on us but he also lets off before we pass out. Any way you look at it that guy is a retard

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Here are some more mpegs of KOs....from that same site

http://www.kyusho.com/jackieoickle1.wmv

On this site go to "locations" click some place on the map, the area school will pop up and then they usually have a KO mpeg....some of the cheesiest ones are from Europe and the mid-western states...like Ind., Ill, but all of them are just REAL bad.
Also of note is the section that says “video clip” were he try to tell people that during a UFC fight one of the fighters used a “kyusho” point to win. I saw that fight it was Gary Goodrich if I am not mistaken and Gary pound the living hell out of the which more than likely was the cause of the KO.

Watch the clip….it’s funny....

http://www.kyusho.com/KItoc.htm

after you have seen those go to this URL, you will find 22 video clips

http://www.dillman.com/videos.asp

The thing that amazaes me is the "KO's" from all the sites have one thing in common. The "attacker" is rarely if ever attacking.....99.99% of the time he is just standing there waiting to get hit. And they all tend to react just like the guy in the very first mpeg I posted..........

Any opinions on that?

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
1)The gentleman in the video is Evan Pantazi he is over Kyusho International, that is not a KO that I would do, but to each there own
2)seems effective, 3) don't know what the long term effects would be though.

1) I am well aware of who he is. One of his flunkys came to my dojo and got “schooled” never to return.

2) Really? I guess so since the guy is standing as still as a lamp post! Also on interest is if you notice the hands being raised up when he is supposedly going “out” …..when people are knocked out they lose such muscular control and lifting your arms would not be possible.

3) Most likely none since the guy hits like a school girl.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
No the I have never seen anyone act like they have been KOd, sometimes though the person is not all the way out, but are instead daised, or they may go out for just a split second :)

Really?? You should look at the mpegs on Dillman's site then.....they all pretty much act like that.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well some say great some say bad. All I know is some pressure will work but these on the clips look fake to me a light tap to the sid eof the face by the chin barely hitting is not going to knock me over sorry, I do not believeI'm overly strong or the greatest fighter but I do know how to abshrob a blow. When has a grabber just barely grabbed anyone and stood there. Pleae It takes pressure for the technique to actually work..

Xequat

Black Belt
Reaction score
Aahhh, wish I could see it. I'm at work now and I do 13- or 15-hour days, so I don't get much time at home for anything other than the wife except on my off-days and I can't watch streaming videos here. If I remember, I'll watch them tonight and see what I think, but like I said, I'm open to others' opinions since I am pretty new to Kyusho. (Is it capitalized?)