Pole both sides?

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Here are some other examples of pretty standard Ip Man Pole method that do not use the lead thigh to link the pole to the body and help control and pole and generate force as is done in Tang Yik Weng Chun:

And?

I don't think you answered my questions about TY pole

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I use both sides of the bo. It helps mix things up.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
You need to increase your cynicism. Most of those people YM obviously did not give a sh1t about. Use your eyes.

^^^ Wong Shun Leung was one of his favored students and taught many of his public classes for him. But you knew that, right? Ho Kam Ming was one of his senior students and was at his bedside when he died. Tsiu Tsun Ting was also one of his number one students and kept in contact through-out Ip Man's life. Leung Sheung was the man that helped Ip Man establish a Kung Fu school with the Restaurant Worker's union when Ip Man first moved to Hong Kong. He was the guy that gave Ip Man his start in teaching so that he had an occupation and didn't starve. Maybe you are just a bit too cynical. ;-)

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
And?

I don't think you answered my questions about TY pole

You asked what was different about it and why I thought those difference existed. I answered that. You asked where I had seen Ip Man pole that DIDN"T use the thigh as a fulcrum. I have provided multiple video examples of that. But you know what, I think I'm done talking to you because you've proven to not be a very good conversationalist. ;-)

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
^^^ Wong Shun Leung was one of his favored students and taught many of his public classes for him. But you knew that, right? Ho Kam Ming was one of his senior students and was at his bedside when he died. Tsiu Tsun Ting was also one of his number one students and kept in contact through-out Ip Man's life. Leung Sheung was the man that helped Ip Man establish a Kung Fu school with the Restaurant Worker's union when Ip Man first moved to Hong Kong. He was the guy that gave Ip Man his start in teaching so that he had an occupation and didn't starve. Maybe you are just a bit too cynical. ;-)

I know who they are. But use your eyes and the answer is pretty clear.

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
KPM" said:
You asked what was different about it and why I thought those difference existed. I answered that. You asked where I had seen Ip Man pole that DIDN"T use the thigh as a fulcrum. I have provided multiple video examples of that.

What are the extra sequences in Tang Yik pole and what do you feel that they are teaching? Do you think YM wing chun would benefit from having these parts? Do they benefit the empty hand part of wing chun at all?

This is the main bit I would like to know your opinion about.

By asking where you saw YM wing chun which didn't use the fulcrum, I mean where did you experience it, not where did you see it on youtube.

But you know what, I think I'm done talking to you because you've proven to not be a very good conversationalist. ;-)

I can only offer my apologies and ask that you reconsider

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is it the kind used by gary lam? I've seen old footage of him/his students using a variety of pole jongs in his backyard...

This guy is from Gary Lam lineage and has a type of Kwan Jong in the background of his video. My Kwan Jong is similar, because I don't have room for the full size version from the Tang Yik video.

Here is mine:

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What are the extra sequences in Tang Yik pole and what do you feel that they are teaching?

Do you think YM wing chun would benefit from having these parts?

Do the extra sections benefit the empty hand part of wing chun at all?

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you mind removing that quotation from me? I don't wish to cause any problem.

I would, but after a certain time limit has passed...MAT won't allow editing I think...

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What are the extra sequences in Tang Yik pole and what do you feel that they are teaching?

Do you think YM wing chun would benefit from having these parts?

Do the extra sections benefit the empty hand part of wing chun at all?

Any response to these questions KPM? I am trying to work out whether it is worth learning the Tang Yik pole.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score

Because I don't care to get in another discussion with you. As I've said several times already...you've proven to not be a very good conversationalist.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
So to make it easy for you Guy.....no, you should not learn the Tang Yik Pole. I think you would find that it does not fit into your pre-determined world view.

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So to make it easy for you Guy.....no, you should not learn the Tang Yik Pole. I think you would find that it does not fit into your pre-determined world view.

Do the extra sections of Tang Yik pole add to the empty hand ideas in your style of wing chun? Or are they specific to pole fighting?

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do the extra sections of Tang Yik pole add to the empty hand ideas in your style of wing chun? Or are they specific to pole fighting?

Sorry, I can't help you.

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I will ask someone else.

Latest Discussions