Pasadena School

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Klondike93
Gou, put the magnifying glass down and back away slowly......

But then I can't see to play with it. You can understand my dilemma.
:confused:

OP
G

GouRonin

I can just never say no to the Goldendragon when he asks so nicely!
:D

OP
K

kenpokid

I was wondering if any of you have been to the school and what is it like.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I was a student at the Pasadena Studio from 1995-1998, after it was re-built. I trained there under Larry Kongaika, until I had gotten my green belt.

The studio is nice, but the neighborhood that it is in is more industrial than residential these days... That kinda makes it a bad spot for walk-in buisness.

All in all, it is clean... with carpet instead of mats, and alot of wood in it's interior. I have some pictures of my Orange Belt Test inside the Pasadena Studio on my Web Site. The URL is: www.geocities.com/williamtlear

Take Care,
Billy Lear
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

I was a student at the Pasadena Studio from 1995-1998, after it was re-built. I trained there under Larry Kongaika, until I had gotten my green belt.

The studio is nice, but the neighborhood that it is in is more industrial than residential these days... That kinda makes it a bad spot for walk-in buisness.

All in all, it is clean... with carpet instead of mats, and alot of wood in it's interior. I have some pictures of my Orange Belt Test inside the Pasadena Studio on my Web Site. The URL is: www.geocities.com/williamtlear

Take Care,
Billy Lear
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

Rebuilt??? What happened to it?

OP
K

kenpokid

when did it burn down. Either of the schools

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trejo was running the studio at the time. On the home front Frank had some choice words to say to one of his daughters boyfriends and the now X- boyfriend thought he was getting back at Frank by destroying "his" studio.......... little did this homey know that the owner was Ed Parker! oppppppps

:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

No problem... I know you were...

Hey, I was chatting with Ricardo earlier... I have saved an intersting chat string for you. I think he's kinda worried about me sending this to you. He thinks you might tear up his membership card after reading it.

If you do tear up his membership card, can I watch? :rofl:

Take Care,
Billy Lear
United Kenpo Systems
www.geocities.com/williamtlear

Lord Ronin, don't believe it. Who trusts these Californian Kenposists anyway? They're gang members, dopers, drive by artists.

Whose always defending you? Me of course!

Who anointed you"Master of Canada? Me, of course!

Bill's just ticked off because I counterd all his moves when we were talking. He's a sore loser.

And this is a guy who says"Take care?" Give me a break!:soapbox:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Trejo was running the studio at the time. On the home front Frank had some choice words to say to one of his daughters boyfriends and the now X- boyfriend thought he was getting back at Frank by destroying "his" studio.......... little did this homey know that the owner was Ed Parker! oppppppps

:eek:

Did they catch the moron and prosecute?

Or did Mr. Parker dole out a little of his own justice :D

:asian:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

There is a now a brand new, modern, clean studio!

I still think it should've been a bit more grandious. Give kenpoists
all over the world somethign to see when they go to
the "birthplace" for all practical purposes.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was there for the large "camp" following Mr. Parker's death. I would have been totally happy to have had a school like the Pasadena one. It looked awesome to me. I loved the wood beams and high ceilings. I am not sure what it looks like over a decade later, but at inception, it was very nice.

-Michael B.
United Kenpo Systems
Kenpo-Texas.com

OP
K

kenpokid

Did the guy get caught, or what happend about him

Latest Discussions