Pasadena School

K

Kirk

Who's running it now? Is there a list available as to who ran
the school and when? Just idle curiosity, really.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Larry Kongika, Mrs. Parkers son in law married to Sherry (youngest daughter)

WoW! Not to go beyond the scope of this thread, (I'd really
like to know who/when but just for personal curiosity's sake)
I didn't know that Mr Parker Jr had siblings. How many??
Do any of them study Kenpo?

I remember being told or reading that Huk, and Mr. Trejo
ran it at one point in time.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

The Pasadena School is not managed by Larry Kongaika, but by one of his students named Rich Verdejo (1st Degree Black Belt). Larry works full time at Pac Bell as a customer service agent, and teaches at the studio as the head instructor, but the school is clearly run by Rich.

Larry Kongaika is Sheri Parker's husband, and yes Mr. Parker's son in law. Although, Mr. Parker and Larry never knew each other. Larry earned his black belt under Paul Mills before Mr. Mills broke away from the I.K.K.A., and is currently a fourth degree black belt (he was promoted to this rank by Doreen Cogliandro & Gilbert Velez).

I hope this clears up any questions you have...

Take Care,
Billy Lear, 3rd Degree Brown Belt
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

:asian:

P.S. Mrs. Parker (Mr. Parker's widow) still owns the studio and has executive power over everything that happens there.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Sheri Parker did study Kenpo at one point in time. She attained the rank of Blue Belt before she stopped training. (She stopped because she had three babies back to back.)

Other than that... none of the other girls invested any time into serious training.

Take Care,
Billy Lear, 3rd Degree Brown Belt
United Kenpo Systems
www.uks-kenpo.com

OP
W

WilliamTLear

How many students are there now...... Black Belts,..... :confused:

Paul Girard teaches there on Wednesday nights. His wife Shelly also attends the classes that he teaches... (That's two black belts).

Larry Kongaika teaches one class a night, every night, except thursday. (That's three so far...)

Frank Trejo teaches there on Thursday night, Walter Rodriguez (a long time friend/student of Mr. Trejo's) goes to those classes, as well as a man named Steve Baughman (1st Degree Black under Kongaika) . (That's makes Six...)

A man named Jeff Polowski and his father (both black belts) started taking private lessons from Larry Kongaika on Mondays and Wednesdays. (These guys came over from Larry Tatum's studio.) (That makes eight...)

Rich Verdejo, teaches the childrens classes for Mr. Kongaika, as well as manages the studio. (That's 9, so far...)

And a man named Aaron who goes there and wears a black belt, having never earned one, so I don't know if that counts.

I guess that makes a Total of Nine Black Belts... and one pseudo black belt.

As for adult students, there are approxiamtely 20 of them enrolled, 8 of them are brown belts of varying degrees.

And the last time I counted, there were approxiamtely 16 children (total). :asian:

OP
G

GouRonin

I didn't know Billy could count.

Damn.

I guess there is one thing he can do better than me.

Just kiddin' ya bro.
:iws:

OP
G

GouRonin

Now I'll never come back to Kenpo.

**sob**
:waah: :wah:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I didn't know Billy could count.

Damn.

I guess there is one thing he can do better than me.

Just kiddin' ya bro.

No problem... I know you were...

Hey, I was chatting with Ricardo earlier... I have saved an intersting chat string for you. I think he's kinda worried about me sending this to you. He thinks you might tear up his membership card after reading it.

If you do tear up his membership card, can I watch? :rofl:

Take Care,
Billy Lear
United Kenpo Systems
www.geocities.com/williamtlear

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by WilliamTLear
Re:Gou can't aim... that's the problem.

When you're this big you just sorta point the firehose in the direction you want...
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by WilliamTLear
If you do tear up his membership card, can I watch?

I have membership cards? Wow...I just impressed myself.
:rofl:

OP
G

GouRonin

Note to self: Next time you are out drinking with Goldendragon pick up no hot chicks for him.
:cheers:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
When you're this big you just sorta point the firehose in the direction you want...

Gou, put the magnifying glass down and back away slowly......

Latest Discussions