P90X and Kempo

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ummm.... how am i supposed to do plyometrics today when i can barely lift my legs to put them in my pants? hahaha,, this is great.
Jesse
TRUELY...I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER!!!!
Though after doing the Yoga (which was tougher than I thought) I feel much better....This program is awesome.....

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Well I picked up the P90X work out system with a buddy of mine.
I started it last night. it is a 90 day program to get you into shape.
I have starting numbers and will post them all start and end after the 90 days to see what truly has happend. I am going at this with 100% mind and body.

Kosho

I think P-90X is one of the best of the TV Advertised training programs.

To be honest, it's one of the only programs on TV that looks worthwhile to me at all.

I've never seen the actual product before though.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think P-90X is one of the best of the TV Advertised training programs.

To be honest, it's one of the only programs on TV that looks worthwhile to me at all.

I've never seen the actual product before though

I love it myself. I think it is one of the best ways to get into shape. It does not take up any room. I am seeing great results with it.
I look forward to the work out times and the stress that leaves my body is also a Great plus. If I can do it anyone can...

Kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 37 gone, great work out last night. 8 more days and will post the 1/2 way numbers. hope all have a great weekend.

kosho

Ryan C

White Belt
Reaction score
Great work Kosho! I'm on week 2 Kenpo X today, then stretch tomorrow and I'll be starting week 3 on monday. My calves are SO SORE from the standing calf raises yesterday. Love it. I hope they get a lot bigger as it looks like most of the people in the training videos have small calves. I want mine to get a lot larger.

What can you guys tell me about the core synergistics workout? Will I need to add ab ripper x into the routine at all or is the synergistics better by itself?

77 days to go. :) Good changes in my body already too. I was a skinny 22 year old and now I'm heading towards rippedness, with the addition of eating a lot more than I used to.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Its all good. I did the AB ripper X during that time also. But it is a great work out also.

Kosho

Ryan C

White Belt
Reaction score
You might even not need to do the entire P90X again with the addition of P90X+

I'm not sure what they added or changed there, or how the routines work, but it mixes things up from the same workouts all the time. I'll be in the middle of a workout and catch myself saying some of the lines out loud before Tony says them - by myself too :p

The kenpo excercise is the weakest of the program for me. I'd like to incorporate some more moves into that because I just don't break enough of a sweat. The very end when the punches get faster is the best sweat of the excercise, and then it ends.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
kosho

I have a question about P90X

I did P90 a few years back and it was a good program and I do not doubt P90X is a great one too but they were REALLY pushing the supplements as part of the P90 program, are they a big part of P90X as well?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd be interested in what you find...I looked at one at Dick's Sorting Goods and didn't like it.....
Let me know...
Ok... I picked up a few things this weekend from a local gym equipment retailer.

• Chin up bar similar to the P90X chin up bar. Mounts in the door jamb. this one has 6 grips. It doesn't require mounting brackets in the wall above the door. Works by wedge/pressure theory. But it works great. I couldn't find one that hangs from the garage rafters.
  • Bowflex SelectTech Dumbells. Time to get rid of my free weight dumbells. I'm gonna love these.
  • Plyometrix mat
The chin up bar doubles as a push up stand. If I don't like this I'll pick up a set of stands.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok been doing a lot of things the last few days. Last night was day 41 and today will be day 42. So Friday will be day 45 and I will post some numbers from start to 1/2 way. day 1 to day 45. then at the end maybe post Photos. LOL

Yesterday was Kenpo X so I do a good 45 min work out on my own stuff with Kempo. I do all my katas with 15 - 20 pounds of dumbells. It is a great work out that I picked up from Evans Sensei. Then I did Ab ripper X.
Love that Ab work out.

Had a great work out this pasted weekend with hanshi Juchnik and others that went to RI. also Good to see you again Donn F.

Tonight is rest or Flex the the body. I think I will go on a 10 mile bike ride.
started riding to work now on nice days to save Gas......

Have a great day.

Kosho

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Steve,

I'm still trying to process all that we learned. I'm now doing sticky hands and sticky stick on all kinds of random items. Great weekend! It was good to see you. You're looking good, I'm looking forward to your half way point numbers.

Sorry about encouraging Hanshi to hit you more. I couldn't help it. I hope the headaches didn't last too long.

_Don Flatt

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
wow day 45. ok here are a couple of numbers.

starting weight was 246.5 pounds as of today 225.5

lost 21 total pounds.

I was about a 39 inch going into 40 pants.

now 36 are on me and I can put 2 thumps around so I need to have a belt on. so

3 inches in that area.

My face is showing the loss of the pounds. from what people tell me.

my belly was large. It is now looking flatter and leaner. I have some cuts coming so I truly think the 6 pack will be here in the next 45 days...

Over all I am very happy with the changes I am going threw...

Kosho

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
wow day 45. ok here are a couple of numbers.

starting weight was 246.5 pounds as of today 225.5

lost 21 total pounds.

I was about a 39 inch going into 40 pants.

now 36 are on me and I can put 2 thumps around so I need to have a belt on. so

3 inches in that area.

My face is showing the loss of the pounds. from what people tell me.

my belly was large. It is now looking flatter and leaner. I have some cuts coming so I truly think the 6 pack will be here in the next 45 days...

Over all I am very happy with the changes I am going threw...

Kosho

That is awesome. I bet you are feeling good, too.

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks dave,
YES, I feel great... My level of doing things is higher.
I now want to do more, like take walks, ride my new mt bike, play with my kids. TO me this is truly a new gift. My back has been a major issue and now I am running around and playing with my 11 and 7 year old. More then before. That alone I am thankful for. I now eat better and take my time eating. I no longer just eat something. I make sure it is good for me.
I drink water more now. I really think that anyone who wants to get into shape can with this P90X system. Just doing it for the 45 days alone has changed me for the better. can not wait until day 90 and then day 180.

I plan on doing doubles over the summer with the P90X. so come 09.02.08 my birthday I hope to be 195-205 pound wise and a 34 pants.
that is my over all goal.

Kosho

Ryan C

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks dave,
YES, I feel great... My level of doing things is higher.
I now want to do more, like take walks, ride my new mt bike, play with my kids. TO me this is truly a new gift. My back has been a major issue and now I am running around and playing with my 11 and 7 year old. More then before. That alone I am thankful for. I now eat better and take my time eating. I no longer just eat something. I make sure it is good for me.
I drink water more now. I really think that anyone who wants to get into shape can with this P90X system. Just doing it for the 45 days alone has changed me for the better. can not wait until day 90 and then day 180.

I plan on doing doubles over the summer with the P90X. so come 09.02.08 my birthday I hope to be 195-205 pound wise and a 34 pants.
that is my over all goal.

Kosho

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing. 72 days to go myself, unfortunately missed yoga this week and could not do legs and back today. Tomorrow I'll be doing it, then I'm just two days from starting week 4.

Exciting :)
Good results and weight loss, kosho. Keep it up.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Started into week 3 for me....feeling great, have seen big improvements in ability. I did not do the pictures, number thing....I wanted to get busy first. I will start recording reps & weight though I want to see the process improvements....Thinking about the smart dumbells...kills me to spend $100.00 on them when I have the Bowflex....Just that the Bowflex is so slow moving from exercise to exercise....That's a $100.00 I could be putting into my "new bass" kitty....oh well....
BRING IT!!!!!!!!

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Glad this few pages has helped others to join in...

Kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
starting week 7 tonight. things are still going well.

Kosho

Latest Discussions