P90X and Kempo

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Starting week 12 tomorrow.....I am very impressed with this program....We have stuck it through doing the daily routines as the disks dictate.....I have not as yet added up all the exercises by design....but do like the idea of knowing I'm doing over 1000 abs per week...incredible.....
Arms, back, legs much stronger....wish my knees were better that seems to be my weakness...too many years of abuse unfortunately.....but they are stronger as well .....have decided to take off August then start again Sept 1st....

I took a week off while in Florida, although I did find a yoga class and my wife and I went to 3 of them. I am currently out of state on assignment, but did bring the program with me this time. Just finished Plyo X and Abs. Hope I didn'g disturb the folks on the 2nd floor. I tried really hard to land like a cat...!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Day 80....Feeling really good have a few minor injuries....August will be my month off...Definitely need it....Did a tendon in the left hand ring finger....kills me most of the day until I start lifting then it loosens up....I'm goona try some lifting tomorrow morning and see if it gets more loose earlier in the day....A couple of minor back twitches...probably from really working the core...(somethng I haven't been faithful to in a long time)..All in all I feel really good...Again...look forward to the month off and look forward to starting again in Sept....this time by the book....recording weights, reps, etc....
I recommend this program to most everybody that discusses with me their desire to get into shape......

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I took a week off while in Florida, although I did find a yoga class and my wife and I went to 3 of them. I am currently out of state on assignment, but did bring the program with me this time. Just finished Plyo X and Abs. Hope I didn'g disturb the folks on the 2nd floor. I tried really hard to land like a cat...!
Good for you....no rest for the committed...(HMMMM) I did the same when Iwent to Florida....Helped me to ensure Ididn't quit...
I did Plyo last night...that is a really really tough workout...my legs and left knee really start tocomplaing....how about those "make an X' moves..??? Carzy..talk about a burn my calves are screamin' when I finish that part....you know which piece of that disk that I have difficulty with is the " run around the towel"....I must be uncoordinated....that is a tough one for me...

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Good for you....no rest for the committed...(HMMMM) I did the same when Iwent to Florida....Helped me to ensure Ididn't quit...
I did Plyo last night...that is a really really tough workout...my legs and left knee really start tocomplaing....how about those "make an X' moves..??? Carzy..talk about a burn my calves are screamin' when I finish that part....you know which piece of that disk that I have difficulty with is the " run around the towel"....I must be uncoordinated....that is a tough one for me...

Yeah, the Hot Foot, that one kills. It might not be so bad if they put it nearer the beginning!

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
hello,
Got to day 75 and hurt my T 9 disk. not sure how or when but had to stop for now. have MRI this saturday to see whats up. but lost 28 pounds and still 5 inches in my middle. still happy with what has happened. will get back once the issue is gone...

kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoX tonight & 1 more week....
Started with 185# down to 178# as of wed...more noticeable though is the waistline & arms...What I found interesting was as the program advanced the exercises didn't seem as difficult...I look forward to the required time off and look forward to starting up again in Sept....
During the layoff I think I will maintain the yoga, ab ripper and probably the pushups as well.....I think the forward momentum might be set back if I didn't keep some of it up...........

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
hello,
Got to day 75 and hurt my T 9 disk. not sure how or when but had to stop for now. have MRI this saturday to see whats up. but lost 28 pounds and still 5 inches in my middle. still happy with what has happened. will get back once the issue is gone...

kosho

That is incredible!!! Sorry to hear about your back, though. Just imagine, next time you start up, you will be 25 pounds ahead of the game!!!

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
KenpoX tonight & 1 more week....
Started with 185# down to 178# as of wed...more noticeable though is the waistline & arms...What I found interesting was as the program advanced the exercises didn't seem as difficult...I look forward to the required time off and look forward to starting up again in Sept....
During the layoff I think I will maintain the yoga, ab ripper and probably the pushups as well.....I think the forward momentum might be set back if I didn't keep some of it up...........

Awesome!

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Down to the wire...into week 13 day 3....Never thought I would make it this far.....All in all everything went well (my left knee has been the only issue) I can't complain at all...I do recommend this as the best program to date for overall body fitness.....take it to whatever level you want.....

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Finished up beginning of Aug...WOW! Best program by far I've tried...Have done the maintenance 3 times thing...Am now going back to the full program on Monday...this time I'm going to do mon-sat & going to record weights/reps better.....my daughter (she's 20) is interested in doing it with me.....I'm very excited about that...

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Finished up beginning of Aug...WOW! Best program by far I've tried...Have done the maintenance 3 times thing...Am now going back to the full program on Monday...this time I'm going to do mon-sat & going to record weights/reps better.....my daughter (she's 20) is interested in doing it with me.....I'm very excited about that...

Nice. Congrats. Did you do before and after pics?

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
No...felt kinda silly about that....But now I wish I had.....just to see the transformation....

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
hope all are doing well.

kosho

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
thanks for asking... T7, T8, T9, T10 all compound fractures from falling off a roof... still healing had a Cat scan last week... looking for other issues in the back.

Kosho

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Started back up again Moday night....WORD OF ADVICE....if you're doing this DON'T STOP.... i took off a couple of weeks which led to about 8 weeks.....what a set back very dissappointing...pushups are ok...sort of but pull/chin ups fell through the floor back to being a beginner.....hoping the re-bound occurs.....This WILL NOT again....P90 has become my daily routine from now on....another part of my permanent training....
3rd day back very, very sore....

Latest Discussions