O'Reilly -Tides prove God!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good point. But he only did this for one student, and she was already injured before they asked her about her belief in God. Which the conversation consisted of her yelling "Oh, please God help me" while she was seriously wounded. The shooter went back to ask if she believed in God. And she wavered between yes and no(trying to get the answer he wanted). Then the shooter asked "why" and she responded "Because my family believes."

I see, that's a different version of the story than was reported. I'm not saying it's wrong, what with the HIGH QUALITY of the news reporting we get...

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see, that's a different version of the story than was reported. I'm not saying it's wrong, what with the HIGH QUALITY of the news reporting we get...

I'm not sure at this point what is truth and what is fiction, I haven't looked into it in great detail. According to the reporting of a recent book however, nearly everything we "know" about the shooters and the shooting is a myth. Starting with the universal belief that both were unpopular, and bullied. According to the author and his work, they were actually somewhat popular, and not outcasts or bullied. I also know that many churches have turned the Christian girl's story into a martyrdom story, which also may not be appropriate.

Like I said, I can't vouch for the authenticity, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. The book is "Why Kids Kill: Inside the Minds of School Shooters" by Peter Langman.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could use a filet minion. Very rare, please, with a good Shiraz. :lol:

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don’t see militant atheism folks.

Atheists are not knocking on doors trying to convert anyone, they don’t beg you for money on the street corner, they don’t open buildings and erect huge signs proclaiming that religious people are idiots, they don’t shoot pro-choice doctors, and they’re not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up in a central market.

I see them writing books, doing interviews, and conducting debates where they defend their position with all the tenacity the theists defend their own point of view with If you disagree with their point of view, and have closed your mind to their arguments, turn off the TV, don’t read the book and don’t buy the magazine or newspaper. Simple.

I agree with the thought written above, to each their own and while I may disagree with what you believe, I will defend your right to believe as you wish, as long as you respect my parallel right.

That all depends on your perspective.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don’t see militant atheism folks.

Atheists are not knocking on doors trying to convert anyone, they don’t beg you for money on the street corner, they don’t open buildings and erect huge signs proclaiming that religious people are idiots, they don’t shoot pro-choice doctors, and they’re not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing themselves up in a central market.

So, you didn't watch the childishly edited clip in the OP? Because O'reilly had that guy on to talk about his organization's ads calling all religions myths, etc. The interview had barely begun and Silverman was mocking "Invisible magic man in the sky", and, by the way, plagiarizing from a thirty year old George Carlin bit...

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
And "militant" doesn't necessarily have to mean "going out and killing people". Thats the definition many atheists like to use because they can then whip out the "what about the Crusades huh? HUH? HUH?!?" canard. Perhaps "rabid atheist" is a better term to use in this conversation. Like this smug and arrogant ***** in the video.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
My my, it's a darn shame what all those raving, rabid, smug atheists are doing. They are criticizing religion! Questioning deeply held beliefs! Making rational arguments! Even getting a little heated about it now and again! Continually being told that they are inferior, immoral and incapable of being good certainly couldn't justify such an extreme reaction.

images

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My my, it's a darn shame what all those raving, rabid, smug atheists are doing. They are criticizing religion! Questioning deeply held beliefs! Making rational arguments! Even getting a little heated about it now and again! Continually being told that they are inferior, immoral and incapable of being good certainly couldn't justify such an extreme reaction.

images

I'm not sure what Christians you are seeing, but in my 13 years of Christian education, being married to two devout Christians, attending their churches, and having Christian friends, I have never heard that just because you are not Christian that you are inferior, immoral, or incapable of being good. That is with exeptions, of course, namely people like Phelps and his ilk.

In fact, God calls all of us his children and to love your fellow man, not just fellow Christian. Who want's to love someone that is incapable of those things.

And just to clarify, I am not a Christian.

One of the first thing that you should understand, if you care to, is that your acts have nothing to do with with whether you achieve God's grace. It is your faith and belief in him which gives you salvation.

People are not being told that they are inferior, immoral, or incapable of being good. It's that people take the message that Christians are offering them, and because they choose not to believe they feel that Christians are inferring that is what they are saying. Sounds like their issue, not an issue of the Christian message.

Latest Discussions