Sarkozy: Mideast Christians victims of 'cleansing'

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sarkozy: Mideast Christians victims of 'cleansing'
French President makes damning comments following church attacks in Egypt, Iraq.

First Published: 2011-01-07
Middle East Online EXCERPT:
PARIS - French President Nicolas Sarkozy said Friday that Christian minorities in the Middle East are victims of "religious cleansing", following deadly attacks on churches in the region.
"We cannot accept and thereby facilitate what looks more and more like a particularly wicked programme of cleansing in the Middle East, religious cleansing," he said in an annual New Year's address to religious leaders.
An attack on a Coptic church in the Egyptian city of Alexandria on January 1 killed 21 people.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is he going to do about it?

Burn a few mosques?

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Muslim countries purging non-muslims citizens.

I'm shocked. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Don't make your judgments too broad. LINK

"The Coptic priest was commenting on the now widespread call by Muslim intellectuals and activists upon Egyptian Muslims at large to flock to Coptic churches across the country to attend Coptic Christmas Eve mass, to show solidarity with the nation's Coptic minority, but also to serve as "human shields" against possible attacks by Islamist militants."

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

"The Coptic priest was commenting on the now widespread call by Muslim intellectuals and activists upon Egyptian Muslims at large to flock to Coptic churches across the country to attend Coptic Christmas Eve mass, to show solidarity with the nation's Coptic minority, but also to serve as "human shields" against possible attacks by Islamist militants."

Civil courage, we need more of that!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A magnificent gesture, sadly I suspect the extremists won't care and will just as easily blown Muslims up alongside the Christians, this has been shown before in the suicide attacks in Isreal, the bombs can't made to kill only non Muslims. Suicide bombs in Pakistan and Iraq kill only Muslims too.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A magnificent gesture, sadly I suspect the extremists won't care and will just as easily blown Muslims up alongside the Christians, this has been shown before in the suicide attacks in Isreal, the bombs can't made to kill only non Muslims. Suicide bombs in Pakistan and Iraq kill only Muslims too.

Not only won't the extremists care, but the response by moderate Muslims won't be noted by those who wish to paint all Muslims as the enemy. It is 'us versus them' and shades of gray are not permitted. Both extreme sides, Muslim and Christian, are spoiling for a Holy War, and they're determined to have it no matter the cost.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are a number of recent events that I find very concerning, not the least of which are the attacks in Egypt.

If you read the news, it becomes clear that Egyptian Muslims are becoming increasingly radical. The government, which is not Islamist, is having trouble keeping the lid on. This is also true in Saudi Arabia, but Egypt has had a traditional policy of tolerating religions other than Islam, not so much in Saudi Arabia. This is also true in one of our NATO ally countries, Turkey. Islamism is spreading there too, and that's a nominally secular society.

More immediately troubling to me, however, is the assassination of a member of the Pakistani government, which has basically destabilized the entire government and which may well bring it down. The government that replaces it will not be a friend of the USA, and it will have nuclear weapons. Oh what fun.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of recent events that I find very concerning, not the least of which are the attacks in Egypt.

If you read the news, it becomes clear that Egyptian Muslims are becoming increasingly radical. The government, which is not Islamist, is having trouble keeping the lid on. This is also true in Saudi Arabia, but Egypt has had a traditional policy of tolerating religions other than Islam, not so much in Saudi Arabia. This is also true in one of our NATO ally countries, Turkey. Islamism is spreading there too, and that's a nominally secular society.

More immediately troubling to me, however, is the assassination of a member of the Pakistani government, which has basically destabilized the entire government and which may well bring it down. The government that replaces it will not be a friend of the USA, and it will have nuclear weapons. Oh what fun.

Did you see why he was assassinated though?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-12116764

He was trying to save the life of a Christian woman who has been condemned to death for blasphemy. She will now die too.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not only won't the extremists care, but the response by moderate Muslims won't be noted by those who wish to paint all Muslims as the enemy. It is 'us versus them' and shades of gray are not permitted. Both extreme sides, Muslim and Christian, are spoiling for a Holy War, and they're determined to have it no matter the cost.

There has been an organized and nationally funded Christian group doing this sort of thing??

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill, please. Christians are not looking for a fight with muslims. Believe me, we would never here the end of this movement if it was out there. It would be front and center of every news cast, 24/7 on the mainstream media. There are msm types actually praying to find that story, really.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill, please. Christians are not looking for a fight with muslims. Believe me, we would never here the end of this movement if it was out there. It would be front and center of every news cast, 24/7 on the mainstream media. There are msm types actually praying to find that story, really.

Hah hah hah. I was born at night but not last night. There are many Christians who want nothing more than to hasten the Eschaton. Just like there are many Muslims who want to kill all the Christians and Jews. World's full of haters, and many of them think God told them to do it. Makes me want to vomit. If Jesus Christ were here now, He'd never stop throwing up.

Latest Discussions