Only clip allowed up

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
if that person broke your arm? you need to drink more milk, cuz those kicks are not that hard. He is very fast, which is important tot he sport, but he has no power, at least not in that clip.
:rofl:

Last edited:
OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should have told me he was at the Martial Arts Expo. I would have liked to met Master Suh...My kids did the Demo for the KP & P Electronic Hogu (EBP). To bad that he could not come to Vegas on the 14th he would have had allot of good fights.
Sorry. Yes it was in Vegas and I should have known you would be there. He and Master Mun my GM were both there. I will definately make sure to look you guys up when we come down in Feb.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem is that this has to be viewed in context. For the sport, its FANTASTIC!
For Martial Arts its CRAP. Not fair to combine the two. Wether TF is good or not anyone looking at it from a fighting point of view sees a heavier person with hands down : ( doing the opposite of a real fighter, backing up and getting hit versus hands up and charging. Not really trying at all in my opinion.
The truth is fast or not he would get smashed back by a guy that size. He is off his weight most of the time.
By the way in combative TKD your arm would not get broken because you would block with a conditioned leg. If you did use your arm it would be a block that was attacking at the joint or deflecting. You dont just drop your arm to get whacked??

In our world of TKD sport he is lightning fast and will win many medals.

Its silly to invite a non sport Martial Artist to this kind of event. They will lose. Sadly most times though the sport guy may get hurt. Thats just the honest truth.

Dave O.
His traditional MA in TKD and Hapkido is just as good as his sport side. I have been on the opposite side of many take downs, joint locks and choke holds. His punches are just as hard as his kicks.

But anyone that says there is no power in sport kicking has not done it. This guy has broken many ribs in the ring, and KO'd quite a few also. But until you are on the opposite side I guess you can say what you will.

Anyway, you are quite correct in saying that two cannot be compared and need to be judged separate.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
By the way in combative TKD your arm would not get broken because you would block with a conditioned leg. If you did use your arm it would be a block that was attacking at the joint or deflecting. You dont just drop your arm to get whacked??
See I did not just drop my arm to simply block. I was countering his off the line or round house kick with a back kick and you guard off with the front arm when turning to execute the back kick. Most times because the back kick lands the power of the round house is lessend by the counter kick and the guarding arm does not absorb all of the blow. Needless to say he is much faster than I am even when I am at my walter weight (flex between heavy and walter), so he was able to still kick me, although guarding and break the forearm. He was just faster than me even though I timed it perfect I barley touch him with the back kick. Anyone else or my weight would have been presenting me their lunch.
icon7.gif

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, folks...

Let's all try to remember the rules 'round here, huh? I'd hate to see someone get banned for a challenge post or art bashing, y'know?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
? I thought we got back on the right track?
Mods have lives outside of MT. Sometimes several posts can come up before you see an action, like my nudge that I presume had you confused. Right now -- it's just a word to the wise...

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I remember when I had "pep-in-my-step".

does anyone have the address to the fountain of youth??????

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I remember when I had "pep-in-my-step".

does anyone have the address to the fountain of youth??????

Got blowed up somewhere in the first season of Ben 10...or was it the second.....

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Why don't you come to the Two Dragons fight Off on Saturday in Las Vegas based on your comments you are a TKD expert and could teach us all a thing or two. I am looking forward to the day when I can see you in action! We are all ready to learn!

Look on youtube........ They clearly aren't a sport school but for that matter they are doing some very nice one steps! Just a difference is style. I just don't understand why if you don't do Sport tkd why you feel the need to comment on it. He is clearly teaching quality MA's so I just don't see the need. On the other hand it seems the longer you have been involved with this site and who is on your friends list the more you can get away with saying! I had to look up the word trolling..........

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look on youtube........ They clearly aren't a sport school but for that matter they are doing some very nice one steps! Just a difference is style. I just don't understand why if you don't do Sport tkd why you feel the need to comment on it. He is clearly teaching quality MA's so I just don't see the need. On the other hand it seems the longer you have been involved with this site and who is on your friends list the more you can get away with saying! I had to look up the word trolling..........

Miaow.

Firstly the mods here are fair and will look at everything, it isn't a case of who's friend you are.
People here are free on comment on any thread they wish, if you put up a post it's in the public domain.
Sport TKD has attracted a lot of interest and comment because many of us feel that because of it's position in the Olympic Games martial arts has been pushed into a spotlight which distorts it and gives the impression that the Olympic TKD style of sparring is what martial arts is about. This can impinge on our clubs, schools, businesses and our students. You may disagree with this which is fine but doing so in a civilised manner is prefable to name calling.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Miaow.

Firstly the mods here are fair and will look at everything, it isn't a case of who's friend you are.
People here are free on comment on any thread they wish, if you put up a post it's in the public domain.
Sport TKD has attracted a lot of interest and comment because many of us feel that because of it's position in the Olympic Games martial arts has been pushed into a spotlight which distorts it and gives the impression that the Olympic TKD style of sparring is what martial arts is about. This can impinge on our clubs, schools, businesses and our students. You may disagree with this which is fine but doing so in a civilised manner is prefable to name calling.
Miaow ?????? what? I didn't name call! i'm just doing what you just said. commenting on a thread. As far as impinging on image, not that I care about olympic sparring because I can take it or leave it, but what about the topic of lets say "uniforms" I felt that a certian uniform did just that... you had no problem with it, so why can't it be that the for the school who do WTF sparring or lets say KKW dans. It seems like most of the higher ups here are ITF people. We tend to run or side with like minded people. I have seen threads closed for far less then what I've seen it the last two.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Miaow ?????? what?

This catty remark "On the other hand it seems the longer you have been involved with this site and who is on your friends list the more you can get away with saying"

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
And lastly some of you that have been here for some time tend to team up on your post..... Lets say you and Sha.. I check friends lists and other posts. I just find it funny.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This catty remark "On the other hand it seems the longer you have been involved with this site and who is on your friends list the more you can get away with saying"
Who talks like that...

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Miaow.

keeping this in mind.... What is your opion on lets say "UFC" you can't tell me that that stuff is doing wonders for the clubs, schools , students and parents. I am the image of my school. I am the reason people come and go. Most students don't give a rats butt about the Olympics and sparring. I think if your loosing students because of the image that Steven Lopez or others are giving, I will bet you have more things wrong with your school, club, etc. then you are willing to admit. And as far as that goes, with all the problems that Pro sports players have...... You must be surprised that anyone is still playing Basketball or football.

Last edited:

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
*sigh*

when I have to tell someone to cut the crap or they are looking at a ban hammer, its pretty bad.

Cut the Crap

You are looking at a Ban Hammer.

I WOULD send this in a PM< but i CANT pm, since i am access restricted and have been since BEFORE YOU JOINED THIS SITE because i have a problem playing nice with others

everytime points comes off me, i get some more and BAM, access restricted AGAIN

EVERYONE gets the hammer here, I have seen MODS get the hammer here when they get out of line

like you are doing now.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
*sigh*

when I have to tell someone to cut the crap or they are looking at a ban hammer, its pretty bad.

Cut the Crap

You are looking at a Ban Hammer.

I WOULD send this in a PM< but i CANT pm, since i am access restricted and have been since BEFORE YOU JOINED THIS SITE because i have a problem playing nice with others

everytime points comes off me, i get some more and BAM, access restricted AGAIN

EVERYONE gets the hammer here, I have seen MODS get the hammer here when they get out of line

like you are doing now.
So..... you only play nice when it benfits you. You have been talking S@#% ever since I started posting here and probably a long time before that. So to take advise from you! Well, thanks, but no thanks.... People here aren't stupid. They have read things that I have posted. If they feel I should be banned then do it. But when someone like you said the things you say, well... I have seen you crap on youtube..... And I"M NOT IMPRESSED! unlike you I am the real deal!

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!
LONG LIVE SPORT TKD!( keep in mind , I can take it or leave it!)LOL

Latest Discussions