One small step closer...

Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by serietah, Mar 8, 2016.

1. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    Nicely done - looking forward to that video.

2. dvcochran

dvcochran Black Belt

• Supporting Member
    Great job. Keep us in the loop.

3. serietah

serietah Green Belt

Hey guys, it's been a while! I just realized I never did post that video. I'll have to check to see where I saved it and see if I can get it posted. Whoops.

I did my 2 hour class on August 18 and it was exhausting. Two hours of just going through Taegeuk 1-8 very slowly as a group. We would start over anytime someone messed up, so some forms took a long time to get through. At the end, we were all randomly assigned a form, and all 9 of us did forms facing a different direction. I was facing diagonally toward the back of the mat. It was crazy...but I just closed my eyes and started Taegeuk 5 and once I was comfortable, I just kept going with my eyes open lol. It was fun! I was the only person I think who finished and I even ended in my same spot.

Today...I got my final white tip. I am approved to do my last maintenance test and that will get me my last tip on this belt. Black Belt testing is now so close I'm feeling nervous. I have designed (with masters help of course) three of my own one step sparring techniques and have "improved a lot" with forms and board breaking. My tip test today was Taegeuk 4, 7, and 8. I got a little feedback on something to improve in 7 just to make it look better, but my Master was very pleased.

Next 2 hour class is October 6. Then Black Belt testing on Nov 10. I am SO ready and excited, but also terrified lol.

• Like Like x 5
  4. _Simon_

_Simon_ Black Belt

Awesome to hear, and I looove those types of forms classes hehe...

How exciting!! It is coming up but you'll be fine for it, you're so dedicated I reckon you'll smash it ;). Keep us in the loop!

5. JR 137

JR 137 Senior Master

Keep up the hard work and all the training, and I’m sure you’ll do great. It’s been very enjoyable reading about your progress and enthusiasm here. Keep us posted.