Ninjitsu- not just another martial art

Senin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What makes ninjutsu more than just another martial art? There are many martial arts out there. What is different about ninjutsu that makes it something more than just punching, kicking, grabbling, etc?

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the poll we had recently agreed that the best thing about Ninjutsu is the chics. It's a fact, girls swoon for the ninjas. In the grand scheme of things, being a ninja will get you more girls than playing Bass Guitar in a band.

The shoes are definitely a close second.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rutherford said:
I think the poll we had recently agreed that the best thing about Ninjutsu is the chics. It's a fact, girls swoon for the ninjas. In the grand scheme of things, being a ninja will get you more girls than playing Bass Guitar in a band.

The shoes are definitely a close second.
Don't forget the disappearing smoke bombs, that is a real cool factor! :D

M

MisterMike

Nope, it's the straight sword with the tsuba that doubles as a shuriken.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
wait? When do we get the chicks?

Im still waiting!

Shizen Shigoku

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk: "wait? When do we get the chicks?"

When your taijutsu is good enough. :p

The shoes *are* pretty cool.

That and all the cool lessons that go beyond self-protection and survival, and into real life skills.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I like it when the ninjas have that aura of mysticism and the way they dress. :p Gotta love hollywood! :shrug:

- Ceicei

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
I like it when the ninjas have that aura of mysticism and the way they dress. :p Gotta love hollywood! :shrug:- Ceicei
Yeah, I have to admit, I used to watch the TV show "The Master" with Lee Van Clief & Sho Kosugi in the 80's [& I know I wasn't the only one watching it... ;) ]. At the time, I thought it was cool & I still have a soft spot for shuriken & disappearing smoke bombs. :D

P

proud beginner

A friend of mine, who's a real expert in martial arts (what I'm not) and experieced SD instructor has been invited to a private demonstration with an old Japanese I don't remember the name. It was in Paris, some monthes ago.

From what he told me about that, it's too much technical learning from my point of view but the techniques themselves are both unexpected and devastating.

Besides, the old man was wearing a suit, not anything exotic.

There was very good artists in the public, in their 30s or 40s, trained and athletic, and none of them tried to challenge the old one, even if kindly asked to do. They were *scared*.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok ok.

Fun is fun, and Im guilty here too, but none of these posts is really on topic... so lets either answer the question or let it die.

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
Senin said:
What makes ninjutsu more than just another martial art? There are many martial arts out there. What is different about ninjutsu that makes it something more than just punching, kicking, grabbling, etc?
The answer is......our Soke Masaaki Hatsumi.

Markk Bush

seansnyder

White Belt
Reaction score
Along with Markks response, I would like to add that the bujinkan is a complete martial art. We leave nothing out. Nothing we can't adapt to or overcome. When dealing with controlling your opponents space, not many other, if any martial arts teach this. They have in my opinion lost the essence of their own art. They have become technique driven arts and thrive off learning set ways to avoiding their opponent’s attack. We strive off controlling the opponent’s kukan. The opponent is meaningless. Maybe this helps, maybe this confuses you. ?..?

Tengu6

Green Belt
Reaction score
rutherford said:
Why let your opponent own kukan? Personally, I want it all.
You cant possibly have all the kukan.......thats like having all the In and none of the Yo....the trick is to have all the useable kukan........allow your opponent to have all the unusable kukan they can take.

Markk Bush

Latest Discussions