Need help

household6

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if I have the right forum or not but I have a question. My son is a red belt. He broke his leg in two places last May and had to put tae kwon do on hold for a while. Well, to make a long story short he had some problems healing and had to have a lot of PT. So, we're just now looking to get him back into tkd again. The problem is since it's been so long he's forgotten three of his forms. He remembers some of the steps in the three but not all of them. He needs a refresher. But, we have moved out of state since all this has happened. So, we can't go to his old instructor for a refresher. I'm looking into schools at our new place. I REALLY don't want him to loose any of his belts that he worked so hard for. If he seen the forms once I KNOW he could remember them.

He does remember "choonjun, chongji and dangun" but he can't remember the other three and is having a few problems with choonjun. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere online we can go to see these forms he's forgotten? We also can't remember the names of them.

Thanks!

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if I have the right forum or not but I have a question. My son is a red belt. He broke his leg in two places last May and had to put tae kwon do on hold for a while. Well, to make a long story short he had some problems healing and had to have a lot of PT. So, we're just now looking to get him back into tkd again. The problem is since it's been so long he's forgotten three of his forms. He remembers some of the steps in the three but not all of them. He needs a refresher. But, we have moved out of state since all this has happened. So, we can't go to his old instructor for a refresher. I'm looking into schools at our new place. I REALLY don't want him to loose any of his belts that he worked so hard for. If he seen the forms once I KNOW he could remember them.

He does remember "choonjun, chongji and dangun" but he can't remember the other three and is having a few problems with choonjun. Can someone tell me if there is somewhere online we can go to see these forms he's forgotten? We also can't remember the names of them.

Thanks!

!st, how old is your son?? and there are alot of TKD schools on the net, and right here on KT, i don't see a problem with your request, someone will help you:rolleyes:, and just to let you know, there is a TKD post on KT , so good luck:karate:

OP
H

household6

White Belt
Reaction score
He's 13. Should I have posted this in another forum? This is all a little confusing to me. I myself, don't know a lot about karate/TKD.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if there is somewhere online we can go to see these forms he's forgotten? We also can't remember the names of them.

Thanks!

Heh, there's more than one resource online. Here is a link to a youtube page that has all of the forms which are the ones you are interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KoreaTKD

You will notice that this Man does NOT do the "sine wave" motion. I do not wish to cause a fuss or make arguments. These videos are my favourites of these forms. Other people may not agree, and that is okay, but for me, I like watching this man execute the forms!

All the best to you and to your son,

Robert

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He's 13. Should I have posted this in another forum?

Posting here will do quite nicely. 13 is a good age! At 13 the Student begins to understand to give good power! They can then begin to REALLY express themselves with power!

This is all a little confusing to me. I myself, don't know a lot about karate/TKD.

In that case, perhaps you should consider to practice this yourself! You are missing out on all of the good times, you see!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you look here, you will find all of the Ch'ang H'on patterns written out by movement. However, I would suggest you speak to your son's current instructor about issue as well.

As you look at classes, you will need to find a class that states it practices one or more of the following: ITF (International Taekwon-Do Federation), Ch'ang H'on, Blue Cottage, Oh Do Kwan, tuls. If one or more of these terms is not mentioned, and no one at the school knows any of these terms or the names of the tuls (patterns) listed at the link above, then it's likely that the class performs a different pattern/form set, and your son would most likely have to start over.

If you let us know what state you're in - especially if you can tell us what major metropolitan area you are in or near - and your son's age, there's probably someone on the board who can suggest an appropriate class for your son.

OP
H

household6

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the websites and all the info.! This has helped so much. We've found all the forums we needed to. You all have been a BIG help. I appreciate it!

Newguy12~I actually did kickboxing (for exercise) for about a year and half. Loved it! Ok, I left crying the first day because it was so hard LOL and I hated it so bad. But, I worked through it and in time became addicted to it LOL. My son's former instructor also tried to get me to join my son in TKD but there's no way I could ever remember all those forums. I can't even remember what I did yesterday! LOL

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes. Your son will remember then nicely. It is not like he never knew them. Remember, if you wish, you can post up your location, and recieve recommendations on the school your son will join, if you wish. There are of course Instructors who frequent this message board, and many are very well connected, and are very knowledgeable about the TKD scene.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This will prove useful. Clicky.
Interesting... although I will caution household6 that, depending on which flavor of instructor her son has, based on the instructor's affiliations, the technical details may well vary - especially in the stances and preparatory movements - but the basic movements of the tuls appear to be very well done.

Latest Discussions