Gotta Brag

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I took a few students to th 17th Annual kick for CancerTournament in Gilmanton N.H. this weekend. I think they did fairly well. The young girl (13) in her first tounament took fist in both foms and sparring (ages 11-13 white belt division), one boy 13 took first in his sparing division, peter who is in his thirties took 3rd in his sparring division. All three of these wher intheir first tounament.
Now I have a 13 year old young man (a green belt) who took first in his forms division but as I watched him and looked at his size compared to the others in that and after talking with a couple of BB friends and then the tournament director we placed him in the jr. blackbelt division (under16)for sparring. He came in forth but I think he learned alot from the experience and he knows he must compete at that level from now on. he'll do nette next time because he now knows the speed at which he is going to have to move at.
Overall I was impressed because i really had no idea how some of them would do and I must say congradulation to them ( yes some are lurkers here)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Way cool! What a great showing - especially for those who were in their first competition.:partyon:

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
all I did was take them they get the congrats they did the work

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Right on, Sheldon! :partyon:

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok the rest of the stoy the young Green belt was asked by the tournament director to take his belt off befor going to his sparring ring so he would not embarress any of the black belts he fought. He also got the attntion of a few BB's that reffed that ring and the head re pulled him aside after the matches to give some friendly advice and encouragement (he knew the kids rank) and then the GM running th event came by to congradulte him on his preormance and say some verry nice things to me about him
He even had a couple of damn good black belts ell me theywould be more than willing to warm him up at the next tournament if I wanted

sorry folks I told you I had to brag a bit

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to your students Sheldon! Way to go everyone! :partyon:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sheldon that is great, you are right it is about the student, but the guideness is all you! Your teaching is what brings out the best in the students once again congrats to you and the students.
Terry

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Congratulations!...your students did very well. A reflection of their teacher. Success come to those who train hard. Having the right coach...ah!...this is very important too!

Team work: T - ogether..E - veryone..A - ccomplish.. M- ore.

Well done here! ........Aloha

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Instructor & students should be very proud! Worth braggin' about for sure!:partyon:

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats to you and your students!

In the spirit of Bushido!

Rob

Latest Discussions