My newest training weapon

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
it is an assualt rifle, that it doesn't have full auto doesn't alter that fact, if you took the whole trigger mechanism off it would still be an assualt rifle,
Sorry sir, you are incorrect and that you continue to assert it is shows you do not know what you are talking about.
So which of the firearms I posted above is the assault rifle?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry sir, you are incorrect and that you continue to assert it is shows you do not know what you are talking about.
So which of the firearms I posted above is the assault rifle?
how about you posted something to prove your point, that only guns with fully auto can be assualt rifles,

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
how about you posted something to prove your point, that only guns with fully auto can be assualt rifles,

From the good folks at Webster...
assault rifle noun
Definition of assault rifle
: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire

That ignorant people have tried to expand the definition to include any sporting rifle with Scary Black Plastic Bits is irrelevant.

But, again, we know there's no reason to let facts interfere with a good rant.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry but what Runs With Fire listed is not an assault rifle. It is a rifle. It is a semi-automatic rifle. It is not automatic, or a select rate of fire weapon. It may have the look of some assault rifles but...nope it isn't an assault rifle.View attachment 22048
Which of the above are assault rifles? Hint: there is only one and it is not C.
Am I looking at a mini 30 in standard black in the D slot?

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
so are catapults, why do you need fast engagement when squirrels just sit on a branch waiting to be shot ? you could sneak up and knock them off with a broom handle
I'd like to see you run a course at a 3 gun competition with good time using a catapult. That's just goofy. For the record, in all quality cammo and using good stalking skills all the while utalising available cover, I've never come closer than 30 yards to a squirrel. They are tiny, fast, vigilant, and tasty. But this post isn't about squirrels, it's about weaponry arts. If you don't like the style, choose a different one.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
why do you need an assualt rifle ?

The question you should be asking is why wouldn't you want one.

The AR platform is a great and fun rifle to shoot and use hunting, plinking, or in competition.

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
The question you should be asking is why wouldn't you want one.

The AR platform is a great and fun rifle to shoot and use hunting, plinking, or in competition.
It's nearly universally required for tactical long gun training here in the states.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the good folks at Webster...

That ignorant people have tried to expand the definition to include any sporting rifle with Scary Black Plastic Bits is irrelevant.

But, again, we know there's no reason to let facts interfere with a good rant.
by ignorant, you mean anyone who isn't an arm's dealer or part of the NRA, ? semi auto is scary never mind be the plastic bits,

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd like to see you run a course at a 3 gun competition with good time using a catapult. That's just goofy. For the record, in all quality cammo and using good stalking skills all the while utalising available cover, I've never come closer than 30 yards to a squirrel. They are tiny, fast, vigilant, and tasty. But this post isn't about squirrels, it's about weaponry arts. If you don't like the style, choose a different one.
I feed them pea nuts, they come right to my feet, there's one that will take them out of my hand, why is it you kill them again, can't afford macds ?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, boy, here we go.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Only scary because you aren't comfortable or knowledgeable about them.
no they are scarry because serious disturbed people seem to have little trouble obtaining them,

I think the background check, should start with the basic premise that any one who wants an assualt rifle to shoot squirrels is automatic judged unsuitable to have one.

I mean come on, that's got to set alarm be bells off

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
by ignorant, you mean anyone who isn't an arm's dealer or part of the NRA, ? semi auto is scary never mind be the plastic bits,
Usefull and effective. A vast majority of civilian owned firearms are auto loading(semi automatic). Here, depending on the town, about 50 percent of residents own one. I own four. I like my 21st century weapons.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Usefull and effective. A vast majority of civilian owned firearms are auto loading(semi automatic). Here, depending on the town, about 50 percent of residents own one. I own four. I like my 21st century weapons.
useful and effect if your trying to take out an Isis fuel depot, complete over kill( literally) for shooting squirrels , why not get a flame thrower then you wouldn't have to BBQ and hem later

OP
Runs With Fire

Runs With Fire

Black Belt
Reaction score
useful and effect if your trying to take out an Isis fuel depot, complete over kill( literally) for shooting squirrels , why not get a flame thrower then you wouldn't have to BBQ and hem later
My preference for combat would be an AR-10 ,platform in a 6.5 creedmore. Possibly built off of a Savage MSR 10.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
no they are scarry because serious disturbed people seem to have little trouble obtaining them,

I think the background check, should start with the basic premise that any one who wants an assualt rifle to shoot squirrels is automatic judged unsuitable to have one.

I mean come on, that's got to set alarm be bells off

No the only bells that are set off is that you dont know much about firearms and choose to judge those that have a different view of them from yours.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Is that over there, or over here?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
By my kitchen door. Spider spray for cane spiders, fly swatter, plinker.

Plinker.JPG

I be a rooster shooter.

Latest Discussions