My newest training weapon

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, CB, I'll see if they have it here. We do have some rather nasty centipedes.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, CB, I'll see if they have it here. We do have some rather nasty centipedes.

You have to order it from Amazon or other sites. It's a concentrate so it goes a long way.

I spray our house and shop every 3 months

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You have to order it from Amazon or other sites. It's a concentrate so it goes a long way.

I spray our house and shop every 3 months

I'll check to see if Amazon will ship it here. They don't ship a lot of stuff here for some damn reason or another.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
right ok you need an assualt rifle to shoot rabbits !

Admin's note:

Ladies and gentlemen...

I'm going to ask y'all to keep things apolitical here. This forum is for the discussion of weaponry in a technical, tactical, practical, etc., manner. Political discussions, outside of talking about the facts of laws, isn't allowed here.

If you want to talk about firearms in a political manner, the Forum Foundry has plenty of other options that I would encourage you to seek.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is an assualt rifle, that it doesn't have full auto doesn't alter that fact, if you took the whole trigger mechanism off it would still be an assualt rifle,
Without the trigger mechanism, it's an assault club.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

FN FAL = L1A1

1200px-SLRL1A1.jpg

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Which make?
There are many different manufacturers who have taken the designation 'L1A1'.
The original L1A1 was a redesign by the Brits of the FN Fal to remove the auto function to a semi auto to prevent personnel from just spraying wildly expending and wasting ammo.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
by ignorant, you mean anyone who isn't an arm's dealer or part of the NRA, ? semi auto is scary never mind be the plastic bits,

People are often scared of things they don't understand.
Semi-auto isn't the least bit scary. There are at least a dozen semi-auto handguns within 10 feet of me. Not scared in the least.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
People are often scared of things they don't understand.
Semi-auto isn't the least bit scary. There are at least a dozen semi-auto handguns within 10 feet of me. Not scared in the least.
you told me not to discuss my views on weapons, semi auto or other wise as its " political" then you quote me to provoke further discussion, is this a trap ? if being Pro gun isn't political, the hen being anti gun isn't either? can we have some clarification on what is and isn't politics

and I'm less anti gun and more pro squirrels

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
you told me not to discuss my views on weapons, semi auto or other wise as its " political" then you quote me to provoke further discussion, is this a trap ? if being Pro gun isn't political, the hen being anti gun isn't either? can we have some clarification on what is and isn't politics

I would guess...

Talking about the danger or safety concerns or reliability of the semi automatic action is ok.....discussion about someone's right to own or purchase a semi automatic gun is political.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

So what scares you about the semi-auto action as opposed to bolt action, pump action, lever action, single action revolver, and double action revolver?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what scares you about the semi-auto action as opposed to bolt action, pump action, lever action, single action revolver, and double action revolver?
I not got an irrational fear of guns, only people with guns, the problem is that anyone who wants, as opposed to needs, a gun is obviously not the sort of person who should be trusted with guns, just as they don't hand nuclear bombs out to people who want one. I've also got a deep suspicion of people who kill for fun, if you add those together someone who WANTS a ( semi auto) assualt rifle to kill squirrels, should not have a gun at all

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I not got an irrational fear of guns, only people with guns, the problem is that anyone who wants, as opposed to needs, a gun is obviously not the sort of person who should be trusted with guns, just as they don't hand nuclear bombs out to people who want one. I've also got a deep suspicion of people who kill for fun, if you add those together someone who WANTS a ( semi auto) assualt rifle to kill squirrels, should not have a gun at all

And see that's a political statement

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And see that's a political statement
want to cut down the odds of somebody being cut down by some bobzo machine guning squirrels, is no more political than suggesting letting a baby play with razor blades is a bad idea,

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
want to cut down the odds of somebody being cut down by some bobzo machine guning squirrels, is no more political than suggesting letting a baby play with razor blades is a bad idea,

Yet no one has mentioned using a machine gun

Latest Discussions