hammer-in-the-floor_wallpapers_13219_1024x768.jpg

W322.jpg

meteor-hammers.jpg

What can I say, it’s only noon and it has been a long day

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have a few philosophies.

If at first you don't succeed, cheat or burn all evidence that you ever tried.

Violence repairs technology.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like these philosophies! :D

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, yes. Emergency Repair Procedure One :D. If a complex electro/mechanical device is not working correctly, administer a sharp blow to restore compliance with published specifications :lol:.

This is followed up by ERP2: If ERP1 fails, administer harder blows accompanied by appropriate and dire expletives and imprecations.

The final tier in this hierarchy is ERP3: If ERP2 fails administer blows with incrementally larger hammers until the device either complies or is no longer recognisable.

And people make out that engineering is hard ... :angel:

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it can't be fixed with duct tape and a hammer, it just ain't worth fixing. A old mechanic gave me this advice. He never ever worked on any of my cars after he gave me that gem :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, my tool of choice would be a Louisville Slugger :angel:

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, you guys are silly.

Duct tape repairs everything!

This is true. Duct tape cures warts. I've done it. Even had one on my nose (the horror!)

If you keep it covered with duct tape, it will go away after a couple weeks or so.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm... I thought it was "If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, yes. Emergency Repair Procedure One :D. If a complex electro/mechanical device is not working correctly, administer a sharp blow to restore compliance with published specifications :lol:.

This is followed up by ERP2: If ERP1 fails, administer harder blows accompanied by appropriate and dire expletives and imprecations.

The final tier in this hierarchy is ERP3: If ERP2 fails administer blows with incrementally larger hammers until the device either complies or is no longer recognisable.

And people make out that engineering is hard ... :angel:
Simplified:
If it doesn't work, get a bigger hammer.

Monroe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was always amused by my friend's car. The radio and cup holder were busted. She would thump the dashboard and the cupholder would magically open and the radio would turn on. If they didn't work the first time, she'd hit the dashboard harder. Sure enough, it worked.

kegage

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a t-shirt that has a saying in Latin, in large block letters. The translation, in small type underneath reads "There is no problem so great that it cannot be solved with the suitable application of high explosives."

NSRTKD

Green Belt
Reaction score
My husband was angry that he was having trouble fixing some plumbing. He stalked off muttering "When in doubt, get a bigger hammer. Must find a bigger hammer." And he found one, and somehow fixed the plumbing. So when my internet connection wasn't working last week, and I was frustrated endlessly restarting the wireless hub, my 4 year old brought me his toy hammer. "Here, Mom, this will fix it," he said. Smart kid, that boy. ;-)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My husband was angry that he was having trouble fixing some plumbing. He stalked off muttering "When in doubt, get a bigger hammer. Must find a bigger hammer." And he found one, and somehow fixed the plumbing. So when my internet connection wasn't working last week, and I was frustrated endlessly restarting the wireless hub, my 4 year old brought me his toy hammer. "Here, Mom, this will fix it," he said. Smart kid, that boy. ;-)
Starting them out young, this kid could be dangerous, down the road.......... :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had one of our sales execs call me up, he says his mouse on his laptop is frozen, and he's at a really important exercise/demonstration in DC. I can't figure out why, our Linux guru can't figure out why either. We reboot, we do this, do that...nothing. Linux guru gives me a look of desperation. I tell the sales exec to power down the laptop. He does. I then tell him to flip the laptop over and take out the battery, then remove the power cord. He does. After a minute or so I tell him to put humpty dumpty back together again and reboot. He does, mouse is fixed, Linux guru and I heave a sigh of relief.

10 seconds later, our boss comes running in my office in a panic, we tell her the situation's fixed. Boss heaves a sigh of relief. Linux guru jokes "Yeah, we had to use the BIG hammer."

My boss smiles and chuckles something like "Ah, the BIG hammer. Gotta love the big hammer....." and seems to stop mid-sentence. Then she says...

"Wait....WHICH ONE?"

Classic :D :D :D

Latest Discussions