My brother surprised me

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
So last year I taught my brother a simple fighting concept that I like to use. I met him last week and I wasn't sure if he was still working the concept or if he had given it up. So one last week he bring it up out of the blue all excited about how he's been working it. And he pulls out his phone showing a video of him using the concept.

His opponent punches, my brother kicks, his opponent drops to his knees. They weren't doing hard sparring and the kick wasn't hard (lucky for his sparring partner). It made me happy that he was able to take a concept that I learned from kung fu and use it in his Muy Thai sparring. Sometimes it's difficult to know if people will take what you teach, trust it, and spend the time to learn how to use it. He did, and it feels good that I was able to help him improve.

He's going to be deadly with it, still needs to know how to do a front kick off the lead leg but he'll get there if he keeps working at it. If he can get it, then he'll have 2 "new weapons" in his striking.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
His opponent punches, my brother kicks, his opponent drops to his knees.
You may suggest your brother to kick on a small tree. The smaller, the better.

jump-tree-kick.gif

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
So last year I taught my brother a simple fighting concept that I like to use. I met him last week and I wasn't sure if he was still working the concept or if he had given it up. So one last week he bring it up out of the blue all excited about how he's been working it. And he pulls out his phone showing a video of him using the concept.

His opponent punches, my brother kicks, his opponent drops to his knees. They weren't doing hard sparring and the kick wasn't hard (lucky for his sparring partner). It made me happy that he was able to take a concept that I learned from kung fu and use it in his Muy Thai sparring. Sometimes it's difficult to know if people will take what you teach, trust it, and spend the time to learn how to use it. He did, and it feels good that I was able to help him improve.

He's going to be deadly with it, still needs to know how to do a front kick off the lead leg but he'll get there if he keeps working at it. If he can get it, then he'll have 2 "new weapons" in his striking.

My son uses a rising front roundhouse kick to the groin to counter kicks.

Works great especially against TKDist.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You may suggest your brother to kick on a small tree. The smaller, the better.

jump-tree-kick.gif
I'll do that. I don't have problems with the kick but I'll try it as well to see what it's all about.

Latest Discussions