Micturation Syncope

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was exciting. Passed out after getting up to urinate last night. Hit the floor hard. Not feeling all that great this morning. Anyone else ever experience this?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Never heard of it, had to look it up. Could be scary stuff. See your doctor about this.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIll-getting old sucks, and MT is no place to seek medical advice.

See a doctor!!

In the meantime, when you get up to pee, sit on the edge of the bed a few seconds. Remember to breathe when you pee.

Otherwise, I got nuthin'...but see a doctor!

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never had that happen, but I do tend to have low blood pressure so occasionally I'll get real light headed if I'm lying down and stand up too quickly. When that does happen, it's immediate so I would notice before I got to the bathroom.

I'll second the recommendation to check with your doctor, just to make sure it's not a sign of anything more serious.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
BIll-getting old sucks, and MT is no place to seek medical advice.

See a doctor!!

In the meantime, when you get up to pee, sit on the edge of the bed a few seconds. Remember to breathe when you pee.

Otherwise, I got nuthin'...but see a doctor!

I plan to call my doctor, for all the good it will do. His receptionist is about the meanest person I've ever had the displeasure of talking to on the phone. Given his caseload, I'll probably be able to get in to see him in March.

At the moment, only my knees hurt. Apparently, my attempt to break porcelain with them didn't succeed. I guess I must have folded up like an accordion. Don't really remember it though.

I recall crawling back to bed, thinking, man, I'm glad I didn't die in the can. How embarrassing that would have been.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hope you feel better, Bill.

I have some strange stuff going on with me as well. Love Googling and reading my symptoms "frequently occur in older males". Maybe we should start our own thread....and then go out and strangle the crap out of some twenty something year olds just for kicks.

As for dying on the can, not too bad of a way to go. It would depend on what I was reading, though.

Kind of like the old joke, "I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa - not screaming like the people who were riding in the back of his bus".

Keep us posted, bro.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It has already been said, see a doctor Bill. And if you are not happy with your current doctor, or his office, or if they are not taking your issues seriously...find another doctor.

Kind of like the old joke, "I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa - not screaming like the people who were riding in the back of his bus".

That reminded me of the only thing I ever heard Emo Philips say that I thought was funny.

"I always try and remember my grandfather's last words.....'a truck'"

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall crawling back to bed, thinking, man, I'm glad I didn't die in the can. How embarrassing that would have been.
One of my simple goals in life is to die with my pants on. Because I've been to way too many DOA calls where the victim was on the can, without their pants...

Follow up with your doc... Won't be surprised if it was just low BP from getting up sudden-like, but not something I would encourage blowing off, either..

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's more common with bowel movements than urination, but basically what usually happens is the vegas nerve gets stimulated, resulting in a decreased in HR and BP. And when they drop far enough... so do you.
However, similar events can occur with a large number of abnormal heart rhythms. So you absolutely need evaluated. You may need to wear an event monitor or have a tilt test or (insert long list of tests). A lot will depend on your history, but from what I recall, some further evaluation is a really good idea.
Sorry Bill. Hope everything is ok.

Latest Discussions