Mayweather vs McGregor

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ooh yeah it was so aggressive wasnt it. I wasn't even saying anything to you....the line on this site seems to be friendly community...hmm nothing friendly about you luckily just seen there's an ignore button so bye bye.
three posts and you are already using the ignore function, you will fit in well here

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
its the pile on the new guy thing they do, with new guys . But to be fair what ever anybody writes someone, usually tez tells them they are wrong
Well If that's the case doesn't look I'll be missing much having them on ignore

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its the pile on the new guy thing they do, with new guys . But to be fair what ever anybody writes someone, usually tez tells them they are wrong

Says the biggest troll on here who hates everyone and loves slanging matches. Ah well seems you've found a little friend to play with. Shame he doesn't understand that you are only agreeing with him because you think it will upset me, ah schoolyard politics at it's best. I shall wait with unbated breath for when you start on him.....see what he says them. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:asshat:

The joy of being ignored is that I don't have them on ignore so can rebut with impunity. So we have another Conor McGregor hater who doesn't understand that it's all irrelevant and is getting worked up for nothing. Such fun.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He may not be the world's best boxer but I don't know why you think he's someone who doesn't box. It's actually his stand up 'style'.

Winner for me was my paper this mornings headline about the fight 'Like youthful lust the anticipation was better than the event'.
My statement was in reference to him not being a professional boxer, and not someone who has never done boxing.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

I feel so left out! Pain! Despair! Shame beyond relief!

Tez3, please tell me I am wrong if I agree with jobo's post. I can't stand not being part of the in-crowd that bashes Tez3 for no other reason that you point out their mistakes. Oh woe is me! :) :) ;)

I would defend you in these things but you do it so eloquently and mercilessly.. It's always fun to see.

I guess I just don't understand everything I don't know about this subject. Two guys who haven't fought in a while, fighting with a restrictive set of rules that favors one more than the other. and anybody really thinks there is any 'fairness' to it? Yeah, I'm missing something somewhere.

OP
Midnight-shadow

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I feel so left out! Pain! Despair! Shame beyond relief!

Tez3, please tell me I am wrong if I agree with jobo's post. I can't stand not being part of the in-crowd that bashes Tez3 for no other reason that you point out their mistakes. Oh woe is me! :) :) ;)

I would defend you in these things but you do it so eloquently and mercilessly.. It's always fun to see.

I guess I just don't understand everything I don't know about this subject. Two guys who haven't fought in a while, fighting with a restrictive set of rules that favors one more than the other. and anybody really thinks there is any 'fairness' to it? Yeah, I'm missing something somewhere.

You know, when we first heard about the fight my instructor was sure McGregor wouldn't agree to pro boxing rules. It seemed suicidal. We thought maybe they would alternate rounds between boxing and MMA rules. It would sure be interesting to see how Mayweather fares with MMA rules. Maybe they will do another fight with purely MMA rules next time.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, when we first heard about the fight my instructor was sure McGregor wouldn't agree to pro boxing rules. It seemed suicidal. We thought maybe they would alternate rounds between boxing and MMA rules. It would sure be interesting to see how Mayweather fares with MMA rules. Maybe they will do another fight with purely MMA rules next time.
That would be more lopsided than pure boxing rules, IMO.

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hope not lets just move on from all this now and get mcgregor to actually defend a title

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stand not being part of the in-crowd that bashes Tez3 for no other reason that you point out their mistakes. Oh woe is me! :) :) ;)

Hey while they are bashing me it means they are leaving someone else alone! I have broad shoulder so I can take it lol. It's a shame when people find a women with an opinion threatening..... you obviously don't, a real mensch then! :)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

Alternating rules could be interesting! But MMA rules would be rather unfair to Mayweather. Can you imagine rounds where he had to defend against kicks? :)

Still, I think it could be interesting. A flip of the coin to pick which set of rules goes first, points for aggressiveness, and double points taken for lack of it (so you can't just run while awaiting your rules), two sets of judges (one set from MMA who judge boxing, one set from boxing who judge MMA) whose judging is displayed to the public between each round, averaged for final score, a referee for each set of rules who can be tie-breakers. You might be on to something Midnight-shadow.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alternating rules could be interesting! But MMA rules would be rather unfair to Mayweather. Can you imagine rounds where he had to defend against kicks? :)

Still, I think it could be interesting. A flip of the coin to pick which set of rules goes first, points for aggressiveness, and double points taken for lack of it (so you can't just run while awaiting your rules), two sets of judges (one set from MMA who judge boxing, one set from boxing who judge MMA) whose judging is displayed to the public between each round, averaged for final score, a referee for each set of rules who can be tie-breakers. You might be on to something Midnight-shadow.
The kicks wouldn't even be the biggest issue. Takedowns and ground fighting would. That's an area where Mayweather has no experience (so far as I'm aware). I don't know what McGreggor's ground game is like, but I assume he has a decent one. Perhaps kickboxing rules would have been a reasonable middle ground?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey while they are bashing me it means they are leaving someone else alone! I have broad shoulder so I can take it lol. It's a shame when people find a women with an opinion threatening..... you obviously don't, a real mensch then! :)

Thanks for the rare compliment. But I have a problem, how do I get my head through the door now? ;)

Anyway, I would tell you to push on undaunted, but that is already your strong suit. Keep posting so those of us who aren't threatened by honest disagreement may continue to share ideas.

Latest Discussions