V

vincefuess

OK- let's go back to 1974...

KYOKUSHINKAI- 1 YR
CHUNG DO KWAN- 2 YRS
GOJU-RYU- 2 YRS
JUJUTSU- 1 YR
AMERICAN KENPO- 11 YRS

I didn't list all of the various arts I have dabbled in. I'm a martial arts slut.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rich - no prob. We can't let Tim get an ego now can we? :D

Vince - no comment. :rofl:

:asian:

-Bob

OP
M

meltdown51

Hello
Here is a list of the arts I have trained in

jeet Kune Do - 10 yrs
goju ryu - 16 yrs
wing chun - 4 yrs
kabudo - 10 yrs
tai chi - 6 yrs
boxing - 6 yrs
wrestling - 4 yrs
Tae kwon do - 6 mnths
shotokan - 6 mnths

I have also dabbled in other arts but these are the major ones.

Joe

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
I'm keeping an eye on you guys!

You think I'm scared? That's exactly what Dave Hebler said to me just before he tried to kill me!

:eek: :anic:

You try living with a guy like Dave Hebler out there, somewhere, plotting your death and tell me that anything else scares you.

:jediduel:

Now I know what the ancient Samurai felt like knowing that every day they might die...

:samurai:

OP
G

girlychuks

Originally posted by vincefuess

I'm a martial arts slut.

Oh gee, than at only 8 months of shaolin kempo, I would be a martial arts virgin:rolleyes:

Nuthin but the best- Cathy

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by girlychuks

Oh gee, than at only 8 months of shaolin kempo, I would be a martial arts virgin:rolleyes:

Nuthin but the best- Cathy

You know I....a....well.......you see.....maybe....ahh......Oh never mind. What ever I say will be moderated.:D

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Gonna keep it brief:
Tae Kwon Do (Chun Gi form system) 1st Degree Black
Tae Kwon Do (Pal Gae form system) 1st Degree Black
Tae Kwon Do (Tae Geuk form system) 1st Degree Black
Shorin-Ryu 1st Degree Black
Ken-Jiu Ryu Karate Do(American Kenpo and Samurai Jiu-Jitsu) 3rd Degree Black
Dabbled and Seminars for several others.

OP
V

Venos-KSW

Kuk Sool Won - 3 months now...

thats all :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Tae Kwon Do (Chun Gi form system) 1st Degree Black
Tae Kwon Do (Pal Gae form system) 1st Degree Black
Tae Kwon Do (Tae Geuk form system) 1st Degree Black

Could you expand on what makes these systems different and how you're identifying them (here or in the TKD forum)?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Formally as in as a member of studio under a teacher, I have studied

A) A Kenpo variant that was based on a blend of Mr. Parker's Kenpo circa 1965 and Hung Gar Kung Fu and called "Chinese Kenpo" from 1984 to more or less 1991.

B) American Kenpo as taught by Ed Parker at the time of his death. I have studied American Kenpo (albeit my class attendance is not "perfect" by any means :)) since '91.

I have nosed around and discussed, shared and worked out with some guys who do Tai Chi, JKD, different Jiu-Jitsus/Wrestling and Grappling enough to have an appreciation for them, but no formal knowledge of them.

C) I also took a semester of Fencing in College and my instructor was a Black Belt in some type of Martial Art.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmmm...this is how my experience went...

Parker Kenpo - 2 years, age 10-12
TKD - 2 years, 3 different teachers, each of whom made me start over because they didn't like the other guys, age 12-14
Parker Kenpo - 3 years, Mr. David Brock, age 14-17
TKD/Aikido - 3 years, age 17-20 (college classes, again, made me start over at white belt, not that i remembered much TKD by this time)
Parker Kenpo, Mr Brock, age 20-21 (then Mr. brock closed his studio and I couldn't find somewhere I wanted to train that was near where I was living, so I took 2 years off until he reopened) then, at age 23, I started training with mr. brock again and still do.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hehe. he does do that a lot, doesn't he?

He's a really good instructor, though. I've trained with a lot of different martial arts instructors, and he's been the best one for me. He has a way of explaining things that makes it easy for me to learn. When he closed his studio, I did consider training with a couple of other people, but came to the financial conclusion that I really couldn't afford it. As it is now, I can only make it down to the studio once a week if I'm lucky because of time constraints (instead of opening a new school near me, where the old one was, he decided the new one should be on the other side of the freakin' county :p ) although now that I'm dating another kenpo person, I have someone to practice with, which is nice, because since I was out of karate for a few years, I forgot a lot. He knows all the techniques really well, sometimes I even call him on the phone to ask stupid kenpo questions. "Um...hi, Sweetie...is that an inward elbow or an elbow sandwich at the end of dance of death?" he laughs at me for forgetting an orange belt technique, then tells me.

Latest Discussions