Mark Saunders officer 'planted song titles' in evidence

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mark Saunders officer 'planted song titles' in evidence

A Metropolitan police firearms officer who may have fired the shot that killed barrister Mark Saunders has been removed from firearms duty after allegedly inserting song titles into his oral evidence at the dead man's inquest.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission said it is investigating the unnamed officer, who gave evidence as Alpha Zulu 8 or AZ8, after it emerged that he had been reprimanded by his superior shortly after giving evidence on 27 September.
Saunders was shot dead by firearms officers in May 2008, following a five-hour armed standoff at his flat in Chelsea, west London. Last month a jury at Westminster crown court ruled that the barrister, who was an alcoholic and armed with a 12-bore shotgun during the siege, had been killed lawfully.
The inquest heard that AZ8, who was stationed on an adjoining conservatory rooftop was one of two officers who may have fired the fatal shot.
An examination of the transcript shows that evidence given by AZ8 contained a number of phrases which are also the titles of songs, including Enough is Enough by Donna Summer, Point of No Return by Buzzcocks, Line of Fire by Journey, Quiet Moments by Chris de Burgh, Kicking Myself by As Tall As Lions
END EXCERPT
I feel his pain, few appreciate my humor as well.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah that game! Bit daft to do it on such a high profile case.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah that game! Bit daft to do it on such a high profile case.
But, a lower profile case and it wouldn't have been noticed, and where is the fun in that?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, a lower profile case and it wouldn't have been noticed, and where is the fun in that?

Ah but you get the points with your mates who are also playing and at the end of the year there's a prize, the loser gets the beers in.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah but you get the points with your mates who are also playing and at the end of the year there's a prize, the loser gets the beers in.
OH! OK. I'd love to see how he worked one of the titles (not in the excerpt) in to the report...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At least he wasn't quoting "Happiness is a warm gun" :idunno: