Lone Kimono technical question

OP
W

warriorsage

Great input on this. Thanks! CLVL: When I said downward, I didn't mean completely and totally downward, excluding all inward or diagonal action. I should have given it a measure of degree (or a clock reference) to make it more clear. The downward strike is going towards 6:30-7:30. The variation that I'd witnessed and commented about is a downward strike that seems to go towards approximately 9. I agree this controls his width somewhat, but maybe almost too much. I think it could put his shoulder in the way of our next strike, and/or possibly rotate him around and feed his back knuckle strike (if he had that level of skill and reaction/sensitivity).

Another thing: I thought we wanted his head moving toward us like a freaight train to add all that force to our next strike. Maybe I'm just getting lucky, but I try to get this reaction from my attacker. Plus, I have virtually no delay between the 2nd & the 3rd strike.

One final thoughtL If we're going to discuss all the techniques, OR mnay different techniques, can we start a new thread so us slow guys don't get soooo confused as to what exactly is being discussed?? Thanks a billion!

OP
C

clvlkenpo

Ah I see you were not actually meaning a downward block to 6 o'clock but were actually doing it correctly with the strike to 7:30 Well in regards to the other points you mention.
1. as you are controlling his left arm there is no way he can spin all the way around with a back knuckle without breaking his wrist, and as you are also braking down his height zone here it makes it very difficult for him to move at all.
2. We get the borrowed force and distance with the down and in motion and while there is not a lot of time between strikes 2 and 3 as you say due to rebounding, you are striking a soft target with a hard weapon. Not much force at all is required here. In fact, you can look on this stike as "checking" also in that it keeps his head from coming in to you. By the way, when you stike in as long as you keep the left hand clamped, they will move down during the strike so you will not have any trouble getting the target you want.

Rob