Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hmm that's annoying. I didn't see that but I'm sure you looked more in depth than I did. That's a shame.

What it says and how it is applied to retirees is a bit different, since you can't stay there 2 years as a retiree

By the way, the 2 years you need to be there before applying, you cannot leave Canada

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Australian Open has been amazing this year... incredible matches, I usually go up (not far from me) but decided not to this year. They were allowing limited people and designated zones you had to stay in. But just the other day we've had some outbreaks of the UK strain getting out of the hotel quarantine so we're now in a 5 day hard lockdown.

No more fans allowed at the tennis until Thursday (or possibly longer depending...). Sooo weird going from crowds clapping, cheering to just dead silence now. But they've put in some audio to make it sound like there's a crowd hehe, for the atmosphere for the players ;).

My brother managed to get up there for the first two days of the tournament, lucky!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Australian Open has been amazing this year... incredible matches, I usually go up (not far from me) but decided not to this year. They were allowing limited people and designated zones you had to stay in. But just the other day we've had some outbreaks of the UK strain getting out of the hotel quarantine so we're now in a 5 day hard lockdown.

No more fans allowed at the tennis until Thursday (or possibly longer depending...). Sooo weird going from crowds clapping, cheering to just dead silence now. But they've put in some audio to make it sound like there's a crowd hehe, for the atmosphere for the players ;).

My brother managed to get up there for the first two days of the tournament, lucky!
I saw something about one of the ball girls collapsing. Any word on if she's okay?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I saw something about one of the ball girls collapsing. Any word on if she's okay?
Yeah that was really bizarre... she was feeling unwell and collapsed... it wasn't a crazy hot day either, so very strange. No idea how she is, but apparently is coming back to the tournament

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Leek and parsnip soup with grilled cheese for dinner. So easy to make and so delicious.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leek and parsnip soup with grilled cheese for dinner. So easy to make and so delicious.

I've always thought tomato soup was the perfect compliment to grilled cheese.
The big question... do you put butter or mayo on your bread before you grill it?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've always thought tomato soup was the perfect compliment to grilled cheese.
The big question... do you put butter or mayo on your bread before you grill it?
either,
I skip the cheese (not by choice, but the consequences are dire...)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and all you people talking about sn......sn...oooowww.....
you can keep it.
Really!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
With the wind chill, it is currently -27F here.
you know, If I lived in a house build for that, and shopped stores equipped for that, I think I could manage.
but we don't get good clothes, and our houses are .....not build for that!

(and FUDGE, that's cold!)

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know, If I lived in a house build for that, and shopped stores equipped for that, I think I could manage.
but we don't get good clothes, and our houses are .....not build for that!

(and FUDGE, that's cold!)

Still a balmy 74 in the ED though... but every time an ambulance shows up and the doors open....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Temperature for the next four days: 30, 30, 33, 34. Degrees Celsius that is ;D

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Last Person.....
The purpose of this thread is to be the "last person" to have the thread i.e. the last person to post.

You can make any post you like to retain possession of the thread

Past 3 editions were pretty popular. Can this one top them?

Thread locked and game reset somewhere after 10,000 posts. ;)

LPT#1 - Winner: Terryl965 Post#67,960
LPT#2 - Winner: Seasoned Post#10,453
LPT#3 - Winner: Granfire Post#10,276
LPT#4 - Winner:Xue Sheng! Post 10003
LPT#5 - Winner: Granfire Post #10142
LPT#6 - Winner: Granfire Post # 10123
LPT#7 - Winner: who knows? The Shadow knows it just might be YOU!
Yeet I guess?

Latest Discussions