Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
hmmmm coffee.....
I think I need to get some good stuff.
there were a couple I liked for the Keurig, but I can't stand the trash one produces.
and every time I get into something 'the store' takes it out of the assortment.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
hmmmm coffee.....
I think I need to get some good stuff.
there were a couple I liked for the Keurig, but I can't stand the trash one produces.
and every time I get into something 'the store' takes it out of the assortment.
A pour over set up is not very expensive, and the paper filters and grounds are compostable. Tastes better, too. But it's a rabbit hole. If you get into it, you start thinking about getting better coffee, then a scale and timer, a you're fully into Wonderland when you're considering a better hand grinder.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever struggled to move across ice! We don't get a lot of that stuff down here in texas. I'm trying to go up the stairs but I cant reach the stairs cause I'm walking in place. Couldn't open my car door cause the door was sealed shut. Every other step I took in my driveway was me either slipping and sliding. It was funny at first, and still kinda is funny. Minus me bashing my shin across the ground. All and all today was a decent morning i guess.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever struggled to move across ice! We don't get a lot of that stuff down here in texas. I'm trying to go up the stairs but I cant reach the stairs cause I'm walking in place. Couldn't open my car door cause the door was sealed shut. Every other step I took in my driveway was me either slipping and sliding. It was funny at first, and still kinda is funny. Minus me bashing my shin across the ground. All and all today was a decent morning i guess.

Should live where I live...heck...if it weren't for the ice...we'd never get anywhere

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oh...and Happy New Year to all of the LPTv7

新年快乐
xīn nián kuài lè
Happy New Year

iu

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well.....I now own a house in Canada
That's very interesting. You thinking about moving there after you retire? I looked into the rules, and it seemed like it would be difficult to do that. I'm very intrigued to hear more!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The stupid is strong with this one.....

Man Arrested at Kahului Airport for Alleged Arson of Wailuku Home | Maui Now

Just goes to show that we deal with some Lex Luthor, mastermind criminals here, too.

Rocket science he ain't.

Had a case at a hospital I worked at.
Guy in front lot, parked, drinking beer, with empty beer cans all over the car
A deputy sheriff happened to be there and walked out to see what was going on
THe guys out of his car and starts saying
"You can't arrest me I'm not driving" over and over again
The deputy then said "how did you get here"
Reply " I drove"
Deputy "Your under arrest"

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
That's very interesting. You thinking about moving there after you retire? I looked into the rules, and it seemed like it would be difficult to do that. I'm very intrigued to hear more!

Retire there part time. I am not big on it, but my wife is so we got a house,
None citizens can live there for 6 months, then you have to leave for 6 months. So we will still have a house in the Northeast. But we will downsize, our house is to big for us now that my mother-in-law is gone and the oldest is in college, so that was part of the plan anyway

If I were younger, moving there and citizenship, if that is what I wanted, would be easy. I'm in IT, but to retire there, they don't want you

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Retire there part time. I am not big on it, but my wife is so we got a house,
None citizens can live there for 6 months, then you have to leave for 6 months. So we will still have a house in the Northeast. But we will downsize, our house is to big for us now that my mother-in-law is gone and the oldest is in college, so that was part of the plan anyway

If I were younger, moving there and citizenship, if that is what I wanted, would be easy. I'm in IT, but to retire there, they don't want you
Is that something where once you spend X years living there for 6 months, you can move there full-time, or no?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stopped by DC on the way to NC, got to visit the lincoln memorial for his birthday. Surprisingly empty-besides the two guards there, there were only 9 people total visiting the memorial when we were there (me/my wife, 3 people that were leaving as we got there, and a family of 4 climbing the stairs as we went down). All the other memorials were about the same.

Really weird for me since every time I've been there in the past, there is normally a ton of people around.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Stopped by DC on the way to NC, got to visit the lincoln memorial for his birthday. Surprisingly empty-besides the two guards there, there were only 9 people total visiting the memorial when we were there (me/my wife, 3 people that were leaving as we got there, and a family of 4 climbing the stairs as we went down). All the other memorials were about the same.

Really weird for me since every time I've been there in the past, there is normally a ton of people around.

Last time I was in DC things were pretty empty, and that was pre-pandemic. But it was off season, overcast and pretty empty, but not that empty. There were about 20 people at the Lincoln memorial

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6 months in Canada and then out of Canada for 6 months
It looks like if you live in canada for 2 years out of a 5 year period, you can apply to become a permanent resident there. So you should be able to fully become a resident (and then after 6 more years become a citizen), if you so wish. Of course, this is all from some pretty quick google-fu so take it with a grain of salt.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last time I was in DC things were pretty empty, and that was pre-pandemic. But it was off season, overcast and pretty empty, but not that empty. There were about 20 people at the Lincoln memorial
Yeah it was offseason, no overcast but about 30degrees which I don't think many people are travelling in. Combined with the pandemic, and recent ongoings at the capital, it makes sense. But it was still less than I'd expected.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It looks like if you live in canada for 2 years out of a 5 year period, you can apply to become a permanent resident there. So you should be able to fully become a resident (and then after 6 more years become a citizen), if you so wish. Of course, this is all from some pretty quick google-fu so take it with a grain of salt.

Not if you're retired from another country. They look at retirees as a draw on the system.

Latest Discussions